one day cruises and duty free store.

smeyer418

On previous one day cruises on NCL they paid the duty on all things bought in the duty free store particularly cigs because you are technically not entitled to duty free not being out of the US for 48 hours...

has this changed? or are they still doing that?

It made it so you could bring back multiple cartons of cigs...

I did this last year and brought back some...what is happening now?

Thanks

and PS I don't smoke. so please spare me the lecture...

On previous one day cruises on NCL they paid the duty on all things bought in the duty free store particularly cigs because you are technically not entitled to duty free not being out of the US for 48 hours...

has this changed? or are they still doing that?

It made it so you could bring back multiple cartons of cigs...

I did this last year and brought back some...what is happening now?

Thanks

and PS I don't smoke. so please spare me the lecture...

Good luck with that, the last time I did the 2 nighter people acted like animals, I think every bodega owner in NY were there grabbing cases. 1 guy knocked a bunch of cartons out of a womans hand & started scooping them off the floor, Her husband saw this, it turned into a fight, I walked out at that point. They need security in the shop when it opens for sure.

Oops forgot to answer, Customs charges $10.00 per carton, you can buy as many as you want.

Good luck with that, the last time I did the 2 nighter people acted like animals, I think every bodega owner in NY were there grabbing cases. 1 guy knocked a bunch of cartons out of a womans hand & started scooping them off the floor, Her husband saw this, it turned into a fight, I walked out at that point. They need security in the shop when it opens for sure.

Oops forgot to answer, Customs charges $10.00 per carton, you can buy as many as you want.

thanks they appear to be adding the excise tax which is 1.10 per pack

They still allowed the sales on the last one I went on this winter, but they added a $10 charge per carton. Still cheap, but not as cheap.

thanks I would expect them to do that. they in the past absorbed it..

and its my spouse that smokes.

Archived