Viking Star 2015 Cruisers List

rblevow

Hi, Robert.

I contacted Kostas at http://www.santorini-private-guide.com and he is available for a private tour of Santorini for up to 8 people. I will need to send a deposit for 100 euros through PayPal to hold the reservation. The reviews are excellent and his tour options are customizable and attractive.

He offers a 4.5 hour tour for 300 euros and a 6.0 hour tour for 380 euros, for up to four people. Additional participants are 30 euros each. So, if we had a group of 8, I think it would run 500 euros, or 62.5 E apiece.

Cruisers on private tours are tendered to the Old Port, where they may access the cable car up to Fira. The cable car costs 5 euros each way. Entrance to Ancient Akrotiri is 5 euros, if we select the 6 hour option. That's it.

I thought you might find this tour of interest for photography purposes. Let me know if this appeals to you. Other cruisers, please let me know if you have any interest.

The deposit is 50% refundable 30 or more days out.

There's also a bus that goes from the port (forgot the name) to the end of the island where there are the best sites on the island - with the blue domed roofs. Along those buildings is a walk (no cars) and you can walk and explore on your own if you are not wanting a tour. This is still my favorite island. Have fun. Joyce from CA

• 1 month later...
Hi to all on the 8-8-15 cruise from Bergen to Barcelona. We too noticed the different schedules on this cruise. Why would they have such different ports in 2016 than they do in 2015? We wanted to see a few ports on the 2016 cruise, then noticed the difference. Still looking forward to being on the new ship, and visiting the ports listed. We are considering the pre visit to Oslo with the train ride to Bergen. Anyone else?

Just wondered if Viking Star has got its act together we are cruising from Bergen to Barcelona on 8th August hoping we will stay 2 days in Paris and London and making plans. Reviews have not been great. Looking forward to the ship as looks superb. We are coming from Sydney. Hope this is the correct board to post

I have noticed a few folks using tour companies for 2 days in St Petersburg July 28 and 29th. Since we didn't get a couple of the tours we wanted, we have decided to try to hook up with any folks using travel companies in St Petersburg. I remember from reading the info on cruise critic about a few of you using TJ? Travel and Alla Travel? Do any of you have room for 2 more wonderful individuals from Canada that would love to join your group? Please let us know as soon as possibel. Sure would appreciate it.

Lori and John

I have noticed a few folks using tour companies for 2 days in St Petersburg July 28 and 29th. Since we didn't get a couple of the tours we wanted, we have decided to try to hook up with any folks using travel companies in St Petersburg. I remember from reading the info on cruise critic about a few of you using TJ? Travel and Alla Travel? Do any of you have room for 2 more wonderful individuals from Canada that would love to join your group? Please let us know as soon as possibel. Sure would appreciate it.

Lori and John

We signed up for the two day Comfort Tour with Alla a while ago. At the time, we were the only ones since it was early on and Viking would not confirm the port times. You just have to go to their site and sign up. There are others using TJ and SPJ (?). The best info is on our roll call. I have posted the site address for Alla and our roll cal. Enjoy.

http://www.alla-tour.com/

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1880099

I can highly highly recommend TJTravel. We used them a few days ago and they were excellent. Super easy to work with and plan your stops custom and we were able to do a small group of 8 from the ship. We got into the Hermitage over an hour before it was open to the public. We had lunch in local restaurants. We had signed up with Alla but switched when they weren't so flexible. The tour with TJ Travel was by far one of the best tours I have ever had. Our guide was Michael and he was perfect. (We are on board the Viking Star now and did our tours the 26th and 27th of May)

There's also a bus that goes from the port (forgot the name) to the end of the island where there are the best sites on the island - with the blue domed roofs. Along those buildings is a walk (no cars) and you can walk and explore on your own if you are not wanting a tour. This is still my favorite island. Have fun. Joyce from CA

RE comments by Applecruise on April 22, including my thoughts on Santorini with Kostas: Try to book with Kostas. He was wonderful! I highly recommend him. Do not miss Akrotiri.

Paquebot

Edited by paquebot

Agree with paquetbot - Kostas was GREAT! And Acrotiri was soooo fantastic - better than Pompeii and a lot less crowded and a lot easier to navigate - not to mention several thousand years earlier. How many places can you walk through Minoan ruins?

• 7 months later...
Derek and Lauri are booked for a January 10 2016 .....a Mediterranean explorer voyage.

By then you all traveling for 2015 will have worked out all the bugs.....tee hee:p

Where are you from. We are going on the same cruise. We are from San Jose Ca. email is: marcyboyles@hotmail.com Trying to find folks to share a Pompeii/Sorrento excursion ..interested? We are in Cabin 3054 . FYI Booked a fun thing in Barcelona with Brightside....it is an excursion in a sidecar for 2. Friends have done it and loved it. We are on the 2:30 Jan 11.