Best Time to Book

ShawninFL

Hi All,

Never sailed Azamara. Pretty much stuck with RC, Princess, and Celebrity, but I'm looking to take a more upscale cruise to check it out and see if it's right for me. You never know until you try. I don't see Azamara cruise advertised very often, so I'm trying to find out if there are certain times of the year that are better to book than others....such as more OBC, or air inclusive rates. Or do they follow the model of book very early for the best rate? Any help or inside knowledge you can share is appreciated.

Thanks,

Shawn

Shawn, having sailed on the three lines you mentioned as well as Seabourn and Windstar, we got hooked on Azamara. You'll hopefully love the "small ship" persona and the wonderful crew. Just try it once, and you may never go back. Rich

Hi All,

Never sailed Azamara. Pretty much stuck with RC, Princess, and Celebrity, but I'm looking to take a more upscale cruise to check it out and see if it's right for me. You never know until you try. I don't see Azamara cruise advertised very often, so I'm trying to find out if there are certain times of the year that are better to book than others....such as more OBC, or air inclusive rates. Or do they follow the model of book very early for the best rate? Any help or inside knowledge you can share is appreciated.

Thanks,

Shawn

You won't see Azamara advertised very often because that expense has to covers only two ships.

We rarely book very far ahead because there have been some great close-in prices. We book with an online agency that frequently has group space, which lowers the price. They also give us substantial OBC. I can't tell you which one, but look around. They're not hard to find. There are cabins going begging right now all over the cruise industry from barebones to superluxury. It's a good time to book Azamara.

As someone mentioned, the current promotion ends today. See if there's an itinerary that works for you.

Shawn, having sailed on the three lines you mentioned as well as Seabourn and Windstar, we got hooked on Azamara. You'll hopefully love the "small ship" persona and the wonderful crew. Just try it once, and you may never go back. Rich

Hi Rich,

Thanks for the feedback. We so much prefer smaller ships. In fact, I'm getting to the point I'd rather do a different type of vacation than go on Oasis or Allure of the Seas. My worry is we may like it too much and at that price points we couldn't afford to do it as often as we like to cruise.

If you want to book the current promotion ......it ends today 05/31. Go to the AZ website or call your TA. Who knows when the next promotion will be.....

Actually, I'm not in the market for another cruise just yet. We've got a transatlantic coming up in August with a 10 day land tour of Amsterdam, Paris, and London. I'm looking for fall of next year of spring of 2015 and was told by a couple last year that Azamara does run specials with nice OBC and included air or a hefty air credit. I'm just trying to determine how often these promotion occur or if we should just book super early. Usually itinerary isn't a determining factor. Price normally leads us to our destination.

Thanks, Shawn

Archived