Is it still possible to buy OBC?

granny red

Our cruise starts at the end of June and I would like to purchase onboard credit. Is this still allowed? If so does anyone know Cunards exchange rates ?

Their rates are those current on the date of the transaction which rather defeats the object of purchasing it. There is no advantage to be gained.

Their rates are those current on the date of the transaction which rather defeats the object of purchasing it. There is no advantage to be gained.

Oh, so it's changed? What a shame. I got almost 50% more a couple of years ago or so, when they only changed their rates once or twice a year.

Yes that deal was shelved when it was highlighted here and so many people jumped on the bandwagon.

It's not a good idea to ever buy OBC as Cunard keep any unspent.

David

Yes that deal was shelved when it was highlighted here and so many people jumped on the bandwagon.

It's not a good idea to ever buy OBC as Cunard keep any unspent.

David

If I remember correctly it went way beyond being highlighted, some folk just wouldn't shut up about it and went on and on about it which resulted in Cunard catching on and changing the system. This keeping the unspent amount also came in after their changes were made, I'm not convinced as to the legality of their position especially on gifted obc but as I never have any left it is a very moot point.

My reason for asking this is that my debit card provider charges 2.75% exchange rate on all foreign transactions plus a fee payment. I know there are other providers that dont charge, but I dont want to go through all the hassle of changing over. I always use up my OBC anyway. Just thought that buying some OBC would cut most of this extra charge.!!

. I always use up my OBC anyway.

!!

I think most people do, but I always think of some unfortunate passenger who gets a dose of Noro and spends most of the voyage in the cabin eating Cunard gruel and doesn't really feel like ordering fine wines from room service.

David.

Archived