Looking for a weight loss/workout buddy!

SusieV

Great job on your 2# weight loss. That is awesome and such a kickstart to stay on track. I haven't budged this past week. Time to change things up like you did and eliminate maybe the peanut butter I have on my muffin every day. My rings were really loose on my fingers yesterday then they ever been before. I thought that maybe that was a good sign but nope stayed the same

Do you gals weigh daily or weekly or monthly? For the first 40# loss I weighed daily and that worked for me. I got excited each morning to see if I dropped. Haven't done that in the past two months and maybe I need too again, I think it kept me on track. I need to see some progress so time to get more motivated!

Debbie

That's awesome! I am up a lb for some reason so really gonna try to walk extra today and to eat super healthy and low carb. I walked 8.5 miles yesterday I would love to get to 10 miles everyday

Good going on your walking. Here I thought my 3 miles was good daily. How long does it take you to walk 8.5? I wanted to get up earlier and walk but such cold brisk mornings here that I snuggle down in bed instead.

Good luck!

Debbie

I missed you guys!!! Don't know what up with this link I have but it keeps blowing me out!!

Hope you guys us are well!! I hope to be able to walk around our local art fair tomorrow if the weather holds out!!! Been a little house bound this week with my back with this cold damp weather, owie... [emoji182][emoji168][emoji126]

Sorry about the aching back. This weather we are having can't help the situation. It's pure craziness that its July 31st with these temps. Up north here we will struggle to get out of the low 70s for the next 10 days. It stinks when winters are so long. It does make for good sleeping and walking weather though

I have fumbled a couple times this week so not getting on the scale. Maybe I need to for the shock factor and get back on track. I was so diligent before the last cruise but have been lax more and that can't be an option for me. Need someone to give me a kick to the hinder or a good hard shake and say "do it, you can do it" or I will find myself not having cruise clothes that fit that are still in closet with tags on since this summer hasn't been warm enough to wear them!!

I need a wake up call and fast. I have loved shopping for clothes with the weight I have lost. So nice to be in the misses department vs plus. Many more options and have fallen in love with Chicos

We are going on a traveling vacation with our fifth wheel in a few weeks. Hoping that we can eat healthy with having our food to make vs restaurants every day

Hope you enjoy the art fair. The sun is shining but chilly. I will take the sun, it warms my heart vs gloominess

Debbie

Hey Debbie! Don't beat yourself up you still have time!! But I do agree you should get on that scale , they will keep you honest lol.. I do everyday just habit now... Even when my weight is optimal, I just still do it anyway.. I've done it for so long its just part of my daily routine..

Not part of a "diet" to me, there's been times when I was sick it let me know that my weight was dropping below where it should be when I couldn't eat....

Had to add supplements to make sure that I didn't get sicker.

I guess it's just getting past that mental block that the scale is something to be feared lol

Just make it part of your day that isn't an option. The rest of your day is all an option, just don't let the scale be in an option.. make sense? :)

I see you fallen in love with Chico's recently!! ME TOO!! At this rate I'm not going to be able to afford to spend any money when I get on the cruise lol! That place has got great clothes!!! My downfall is I can't seem to stay just at the sale racks lol

Hoping this darn weather stays nice enough to walk around out there this morning, not holding my breath. It looks pretty yucky out there right now...

Have a great weekend!!!

Good going on your walking. Here I thought my 3 miles was good daily. How long does it take you to walk 8.5? I wanted to get up earlier and walk but such cold brisk mornings here that I snuggle down in bed instead.

Good luck!

Debbie

Um I walk for 2hours in the am while jamming out to Spotify and then I try to do 1 hour a night. Having a fitbit definitely helps keep you accountable.

Hey Debbie! Don't beat yourself up you still have time!! But I do agree you should get on that scale , they will keep you honest lol.. I do everyday just habit now... Even when my weight is optimal, I just still do it anyway.. I've done it for so long its just part of my daily routine..

Not part of a "diet" to me, there's been times when I was sick it let me know that my weight was dropping below where it should be when I couldn't eat....

I guess it's just getting past that mental block that the scale is something to be feared lol

Just make it part of your day that isn't an option. The rest of your day is all an option, just don't let the scale be in an option.. make sense? :)

I see you fallen in love with Chico's recently!! ME TOO!! At this rate I'm not going to be able to afford to spend any money when I get on the cruise lol! That place has got great clothes!!! My downfall is I can't seem to stay just at the sale racks lol

Good morning!!

For six months I got on the scale every morning. It's just been since summer that I have not due to a cheat here and there. I know I NEED to every day, it does keep me accountable and basically I am scared. Lol. I did get on oh 10 days ago or so and was fine but that 1/2 cookie here or chips and salsa there can not be good. Who is my problem you ask?? My husband !! He stops by this artisan bakery that has thee best molasses cookies. Oh my!! Just figured it out tho. He had less to lose so near his goal weight so no biggie. Gotta have a talk with him on no extras for me

Chicos can have some fabulous clearance deals but the regular racks can get ya especially when they run the additional 30 to 40% off. You are a Chico member right for even more fabulous deals??? Their jeans are about the only knee that fit me decent along with INC ones

Looks to be a wonderful weather weekend up here in northern Michigan. Finally !! Think we will be out boating Have a great and healthy weekend girls!

Debbie

Good morning!!

For six months I got on the scale every morning. It's just been since summer that I have not due to a cheat here and there. I know I NEED to every day, it does keep me accountable and basically I am scared. Lol. I did get on oh 10 days ago or so and was fine but that 1/2 cookie here or chips and salsa there can not be good. Who is my problem you ask?? My husband !! He stops by this artisan bakery that has thee best molasses cookies. Oh my!! Just figured it out tho. He had less to lose so near his goal weight so no biggie. Gotta have a talk with him on no extras for me

Chicos can have some fabulous clearance deals but the regular racks can get ya especially when they run the additional 30 to 40% off. You are a Chico member right for even more fabulous deals??? Their jeans are about the only knee that fit me decent along with INC ones

Looks to be a wonderful weather weekend up here in northern Michigan. Finally !! Think we will be out boating Have a great and healthy weekend girls!

Debbie

Try life bites from life choice by the rice cakes...yummy and low cal! Also I drink a lot of coffee and mate teavana tea which seems to curb my appetit. Yum

Morning you guys!! Well that peanut butter is going to be the end of me yet!! Backup the same two that I lost UGH

BUT!!! My dear husband who doesn't need to lose much said last night on the way home from an anniversary dinner time for me (him) to get serious about this diet for our cruise.... Now mind you he's the one that pigs out on chips and cookies and cakes and stuff, things that I CANT eat, so he won't really have trouble losing it once if we do this together and I just help him to control that stuff, if I act as his diet buddy and keep that stuff out of the house.... His regular meals here at home are very very healthy because we eat the same thing!! His extra pounds are from all the junk sneaks in inbetween lol ....

So I'll just crack down on myself at the same time, really restricting my peanut butter !! And changing our portion control....

I asked him last night when do you want to start this, he said nothing like the present! So when he gets home from work today all of is junk food going to be missing lol

It's official.... The countdown to the cruise has begun, so has getting in shape!!

Glad you guys are here to go thru this with me!! [emoji108][emoji160][emoji7][emoji168][emoji151]

Good morning!!!!!

Good going on your husband joining your weight loss endeavor. From experience it helps ALOT!! I think that is one of my problems right now. My hubby got to within 5 pounds of his goal and has backed off more of the healthy eating. He does BUT doesn't mind stopping at the local dairy lodge for a fresh strawberry malt and comes back with an empty cup to "share" or gets an urge for a molasses cookie at 8:50 at night when the bakery closes at 9 so zips in there on his way back home to grab one. That has to stop. He needs to do that by himself because after a long walk along the bay, those items sound good

I can tell in my clothes that they are not fitting the same. Not horrible difference but just that extra pull that tells me that an extra 2-4# could be added on. Not acceptable!!

So someone please give me a swift kick in the hinder. Go ahead don't be shy, I can handle it!!

Debbie

Ok Debbie, you've just been cyber kicked in the hynee.... and I kicked myself too!!! NO peanut butter for me til FRIDAY, I've decided I will treat myself to it once a week not everyday!! I know from experience that that alone will drop 10 pounds from me in a couple weeks!! Lol... Because of my belly my diet is so restricted that's the only thing that I'm pigging out on lol, its the only thing that could be the weight culprit !!

I have some size six things that I want to be able to comfortably wear on the cruise, right now I'm comfortable in an 8.. So its not "dire", but I would feel better if I lose it...

Now my husband a different story he shouldn't have 10 extra pounds on him! he has a heart condition and he knows better... he has an artificial aortic artery and shouldn't be eating salt or fat... His favorite snacks UGH...

BUT... makes it easier for ME to coach him to stop stuffing it in his pie hole lol!!!

Thanks for the kick. I sooo needed it. Now I need to be kept accountable.

Do I really have to give up my daily dose of peanut butter? It's really that bad for you? I haven't stopped the processed foods as far as my lunch of Bays toasted multi grain English muffin with a dab of pb on it. Really don't have much but maybe that's an issue for me. I am bad at not eating breakfast so tend to eat 1/2 of one of those then a 100 calorie Greek Yogurt. I am bad aren't I? I seriously look forward to that early lunch and even when away from home I crave it. Have eaten that same meal for a good 9 months other then the weekends and still love it.

192 days until our cruise. I mostly wear a size 10 in pants and am more top heavy with a larger bust in my shirts so need a large or XL When I lost my weight, it mostly came off my butt and legs. I know I went down all over because I no longer shop in the plus dept but feel very odd shaped and frustrating to lose more where I don't need too although a size 6/8 like you sounds heavenly

We don't have snacks at the house so that helps other then ice cream. Such a battle for me. I just need to get into a stricter mindset like last Fall

Debbie

Happy Wednesday!!

Hope everyone is having a great, successful week. Must be a busy week as well since its pretty quiet on this board.

Here is to a sunshiney beautiful day from here in northern Michigan. I think summer finally arrived this week!!!

Debbie

Obsessing and pre-planning is a fun part of the cruise! I am addicted to cruise critic as well. Makes some good reading getting opinions and suggestions

Hope you were able to get your walk in. I did not. Went to the fair with the family Enjoy family time but not so much at a fair!

Debbie

I just realized its four months away till our cruise , just 4 months!!!! (sadly for everyone else that means Christmas is just four months away too lol)

NOW I'M excited! !! Seems like yesterday it was 8 months away, which to me was a lifetime lol!

I've come to the conclusion that peanut butter is my enemy hahaha I'm not capable of disciplining myself to eat it just once a week. So I'm giving it up completely. I dropped two pounds in two days because of it!! Since thats the only "naughty thing" I eat, this should be pretty easy to get down to 135 from 141, and stay there til our cruise!!

I want to get "toned" though, there isn't a tone muscle in my body I don't think because of my spine. I've never been able to have physical therapy. Not allowed to swim. SOOO, somehow I want to find a way to tone some muscles without aggravating my spine...

THAT will be my bigger challenge than diet between now & cruise... ideas? Walking is hit or miss depending on weather and how it's making my spine feel, some days just only possible to get around.

I too am enjoying CC reading, it's fun connecting with friends made here!!

Nope did not want to hear Christmas is 4 months away. Excited for you and your cruise BUT that is way too soon. I have bought a few things here and there but once we are back from our vacation, and get past Labor Day weekend as well, it's full speed ahead. Need to change up some things, the family has grown fast with 3 grand kids in 15 months!

Our cruise is six months away, time to step it up. Would love to be done 25# by then

I just never figured that peanut butter in moderation could cause that much harm. Maybe I need to halter it in my diet too :(. Bummer!!

Stayed the same this week, something has to give soon before I get frustrated. Nervous that when on vacation we won't be eating as healthy as we should be. Always fun to try the local "eats"! But we will be on the move plus walking so that helps too, I hope

Looks to be a beautiful weekend up north. Enjoy your weekend, we will for sure be out on the boat. Need to make up for all the cool weekends we have had this summer

Debbie

Wishing you a gorgeous weekend too unfortunate my diet has to say the same because of my belly but I make the most of it!! Going to try new sauces just make them up as I go along sometimes they're great , sometimes blah lol!! Have some friends coming over tomorrow night for dinner so the grill will be fired up and ready to go!! Still amazes me that my friends love to eat over here despite having to eat as healthy as I have to, at first they're just really curious about it and then they actually seem to love it!! I have my girlfriends actually cook with me in the kitchen so they learn some new recipes and ideas, lots of times never even thought most things the way I have to now and their faces just light up!!

It's nice to see when they realize that cooking and eating healthy isn't really that hard after all, and then when they taste it they realize that it's not at all bland and boring!!

Debbie, peanut butter in moderation isn't bad for you but since its one of the few things that s on my diet that I can have (pure peanut butter, no additives no sugars) I find myself eating about half a cup at a time slathered thick on a sliced apple !! I just wonder what my poor heart think of that!!!

Morning you guys! Well? We still a team here? How's it goin?!

I for one gained one of the 2 pounds BACK (darn peanut butter) , and this weekend we have friends coming up to state from Kentucky for the weekend, so I know I'm going to eat and drink this weekend more than I normally do!!

》》》BUT《《《 After this weekend nothing big is planned from then on out were in "cruise mode"!!! The diet (for both of us) starts "for real", picking out excursions, picking out clothes, the whole nine yards!! We have four months away, so this way the dieting wont be painful lol! A little each week for both of us shouldn't be too hard if we make a commitment

How have you all been? Been quiet here!

Hi there

I for one hope we are still a team. Always look for a post and kind words of encouragement. I stayed the same but feel still that little pulling in my clothes that should NOT be felt. I NEED to get stricter with things. Since hubby got within 5# of his goal he has weakened on me and eats things he didn't when more focused on losing I need to get a grip on food and remember I DO need to lose more then 5. I find it very hard to stay on track and we leave for 11 days of vacation on Friday

Any wise words will be very helpful. Enjoy your company. Always hard to eat right unless the other woman eats like a bird.

Rainy day today. Eyes are tired to even type. Off to do some packing

Debbie

Debbie when I had to lose more than I do now the one thing that I could do was think" do I want that pile of french fries, or do I want great thighs?" ... I made myself ask myself this question every time I was going to eat something I shouldn't!! That way if I could look myself in the face and answer yes, then I went ahead and indulged. But you'd be surprised how many times I just went the other way and opted for a banana!! MOST of the time! We can be our own best friend!!

But the key was to have to ask yourself the question every single time! Try that!!

Best wishes my friend!!

[emoji151] [emoji1] [emoji168] [emoji188]

Thanks for the encouragement. Good advice !! I shall persevere Once I get past Labor Day it is full speed ahead. I used that app "Lose It" and that seemed to help to document my food intake and exercise that was done on a daily basis. Plan on doing that again

We are off later today on vacation and will be traveling through Ontario. Won't have Internet from time to time so I am not deserting this group (guess me and you for now is our group) but will check in from time to time over next week when I can get free wi-Fi.

Hoping I can contain myself with all the good "eats" in and around Toronto. Wish me luck

Have fun with your company coming in to visit and the start of your packing after that. I have been searching the clearance racks but have not picked up much. Would love to find a Chicos along the way and check out their clearance. We have one here but it's downtown and we avoid that area during tourist season. 49 degrees this morning. Wowza, Fall is coming soon!

Take care and happy, healthy eating!

Debbie