Looking for a weight loss/workout buddy!

SusieV

<sigh> I sure hope so. Was watching Rachel Ray and Bob Harper was on there with an audience trying to lose 50# each. Pretty good info given. Did not realize weight loss is 80% diet and only 20% exercise for some reason. Need to start tracking my food again on my phone app. Think that helps

Hope all is well with you. Looks to be a warm but wet weekend. Of course it has to rain!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Deb I'm fine!!! sorry I haven't been in touch, it's been a bad week... my back's been bad and I've been through tests this week ..a couple days of testing and then I've been out of it from that... Today I hope to just enjoy the sunshine as it's going to be warm and sunny !!!

I hope all is well with you, and that your dieting is coming along just fine now...

I know for me would be better to get a grip on it before the holidays start, then try to get a hold of it after that yummy food binging even gets going! Lol

My weight seems to just be stock at 142 no matter what I do it's not going anywhere so I don't know that it even has to do with food at this point (I eat a piece fruit during the day and then main meal, dinner, is cut in half !) my thyroid could be screwed up and could have a lot to do with why my hands are shaking too.. I'll know more next week when I see the doctor for all the results..

Take care I'll be on here again!!

Hi Lizz

Sure hope you are feeling better and the tests results come back the way you want them too!! I think about you when I don't see you on this forum or on the Fashionista forum

Doing okay but need to do better. I feel it in my clothes and that gets me worried. I set tomorrow October 1st as my new beginning of eating right. If I go off, it's one meal on the weekend but not off overboard. I need to set goals again!!

Such a beautiful week last week in Michigan. What happened to this week??!! We went camping over the weekend and had the most gorgeous weather to camp. Made me happy! I could get out and walk. This week looks like mall walking.....ugh!

Take care and reply when you feel up to it !

Debbie

Morning dead sorry its been so slow keeping in touch its just been a bit of a strain this time of year for me!! My weight has pretty much held firm , only coming down a pound I even eating but one real meal a day!! But the good news is I found out why my weight is up in the first place, it wasn't me, it was a medication I'm on and I'm now in the process of coming off of.. Its has had some nasty side effects over the last 6 months that have just now come to light, one of them being weight gain regardless of if I eat or not.. My weight is not so much as esthetic as it is because of my spine, every pound on my spine feels like 20 hanging on it, I can't afford to gain a pound... So that 8 -9 pounds this is caused me to gain over the last 6 months should be gone now in no time... I think it's just water weight anyway...

I know one thing there's nothing else I can change in my diet I can't eat any less lol, I think I would just blow away lol!!

I find out the results of my tests tomorrow but to be honest I won't be surprised if I find out a lot of the symptoms are from this medication is well... I'll be happy with that but will be upset it took going thru expensive tests because of one a irresponsible doctor and a stupid drug. Just happens too often I guess..

Thanks for being there Deb, we'll get through this weight loss I just know it!!!!!!

Hoping all is well with you and your tests results came back okay. Did you drop pounds after changing medications?

Having the blahs this time of the year with the days getting shorter and the temps falling. Such a shut-in feeling and making it hard to eat dinner and get our walk in around the neighborhood before it gets dark out. On top of that feeling fat(ter). Ugh!! Need me some warmth and Florida/Caribbean sunshine. Only 129 more days which still feels like forever

Think of you often and how this drop in temps affects you and your back

Take care

Hi Deb!! Sorry to hear you're down, this time of year seems to bring that out in lots of us! Just try to stay focused on that awesome trip thats just around the corner now....

My test came back okay things aren't any worse than they were last time they checked everything's pretty stable... For now it seems the shaking was coming from this horrible drug. Too soon to see a difference as I'm am coming off of it slowly, but it's not been as hard as I thought it would be. The weather here has been cold but I've spent a lot of time on the heating pad, pretty comfortable, enjoying my beading. I'm trying not to focus on my back as much as possible ...

My cruise is coming up and I'm getting excited about it !!! not that far away now!!!

I hope you get some sunny days soon, and the Blues start to lift!

Take care Deb

• 3 weeks later...

Phew finally finished reading all 10 pages😄

I need to lose weight and like the idea of being accountable since I like to slack off If your willing to scream at me and keep me on track let me know and I will share more about me

Have a great day

Jamie

Phew finally finished reading all 10 pages😄

I need to lose weight and like the idea of being accountable since I like to slack off If your willing to scream at me and keep me on track let me know and I will share more about me

Have a great day

Jamie

I would love another accountability partner. It helps!! Lizz has helped but haven't heard from her in awhile. Everyone seems to come and go on this board so kind of hard to be accountable to anyone :)

Let me know if interested. I am Debbie from Michigan. I lost 40# in the last year but have been stuck had I need to get out of it. Want to lose at least 20# before our cruise in February. Going to be tough with the holidays fast approaching

Debbie

Hi Debbie

I'm Jamie and I live in Las Vegas I am 39 years young😄 will hit the small 40 in April. I am 5-10 and weigh between 200-205 I would like to get down to 150. Sadly I don't eat healthy. My taste buds actually don't like a lot of health food and I hate exercising. Mainly because I like to be outdoors but not so much doing things by myself so I slack off exercising. I am going to cancun in December and would love to lose 15 lbs but I think that's too much too soon. I leave December 7th So I think I will aim for 10 lbs. my problem is not quantity but quality I work a lot of hours and don't have a lot of time to prepare better food but I need to find time. I want to start to walk or do insanity daily except maybe Sunday's starting November 2 nd I have cut back on my fast food runs but doesn't seem to be helping much. I am going to start tomorrow with weighing myself daily and looking at what I eat to see where I should cut back.

I would love for you to join me in our journey to lose weight and yell at me for crap I eat and encourage for good I do. Might be a lot of yelling at first. Lol I will worth myself tomorrow and post the weight and see how we can do encouraging each other. I use this app from my phone. Also if you want my email is jktheangel@yahoo.con

Jamie

Sorry for the delay in getting back with you. Cold is still holding on and haven't felt the best at all

I am Debbie and I live in northern Michigan where it is snowing as I type this! Blah! Hate it actually. Hubby and I enjoy walking along our bay but with this weather and the time change and getting dark earlier, we have to resort to mall walking. Need to get back on the exercise bike now that I am more shut in now

Last Fall I lost 40# but having a harder time getting motivated and still need to lose 30# but would be happy with 20# before cruising in February

I do okay during the day/week but it's eating out on the weekends that throws me off. We never eat fast food but gotta love Mexican with warm fresh nacho chips. Oh my! Told husband last weekend that needs to be a once a month type meal.

Last year my husband was more motivated to lose and he is at the point where 5-10# would be fine with him so he isn't as diligent on where or what we eat and I need him to be

I no longer drink my beloved Pepsi but have settled for Diet Pepsi which I don't mind but would like to give that up for water only. The flavor enhancers help with drinking water

Eyes are watery so will continue this later. Hoping you have a healthy eating weekend

Debbie

No worries about the delay. I'm sorry your not feeling well.

Well tomorrow I start my much more aggressive weight loss I hate exercising but I have to. I'm going to also watch what I eat and no soda on workdays Its the end of the month closing for me so a stressful week ahead but I can do it or at least that's what I am telling myself I'm going to weigh myself tomorrow morning and then try to lose 2 lbs a week I would

Like to lose 3 a week but not sure if that is possible

I hope you start feeling better 😀

Jamie

Cold still lingering but thanks for the well wishes

What do you plan to do differently to tackle the loss more aggressively ? Do you drink diet or trying to stop completely ? Without some caffeine, I get such a headache with not drinking coffee Maybe this should be my week to really hunker down so come Thanksgiving I can have a treat or two. Keep saying that but now really is the time!!!!

Thanks for making me want to do the same. Why do weekends go by so fast ??

Debbie

I drink coke or dr pepper. Usually one a day I never really was a soda drinker because I like it from the fountain but here at work they have fountain so I started one a day. I drink my morning tea. I can't give that up. I drink regular tea with 2 tsp sugar. I am going to cut it to one tsp and once that cup is gone then it's water then afternoon one hot tea then water again. I hate water so this is going to be hard for me. I weighed in at 204 this morning. 4 more than I had hoped. I would like to get down to 190 by December 7 which means I have to be really aggressive It's freakin cold and windy here in Vegas and i don't want to be outside but I have to walk tonight after work. WE can do this. I ate 2 strawberry frosted pop tarts for breakfast. Probably not wise I will order a salad and one chicken strip for lunch I will write after work and how I did. I really need to figure out what is good to eat and that I like. Ugghh this is going to be hard. We have to have faith. More later. Have a great day

Jamie

Edited by jktheangel

Good morning

Have you ever tried the water enhancers for water? That helps me out lots. I only drink diet but I know still not that great for you

The pop tarts are probably not the best start to your day with the carbs and high sugars they have. That much will make you crash and fall with no energy. Can you switch it up to maybe oatmeal with some raisins and almonds and sprinkle of cinnamon in it if something sweeter is something you want? Easy to make single servings in the microwave. There are even some delicious pouches out there made by Raw that has flax seed in it and seems to fill you up. Maybe even Yoplait 100 calorie Greek Yogurt. Lunch sounds good unless you are a big user of salad dressing

I have to start making myself eat breakfast more regularly. Not one to eat in morning but I know with the right food I would have more energy For lunch I am stuck on eating a toasted multi grain English muffin with peanut butter. Just something I love to eat but eliminating the carbs would help me lose faster

With living in Michigan it's hard to even think about walking outside after work in the dark and cold so we have to resort to mall walking. That just gets boring after you have window shopped a time or two walking around

Hope today you find it to be a happy dieting day!

Debbie

Good morning

Well I ate my salad and 1.5 piece chicken finger and no soda. Woohoo. I got one bottle of water down yesterday.lol I thought of putting a lemon in my water but not sure. I work so early in the am that a healthy breakfast is hard. I had a strawberry granola bar this morning with my cup of tea. I just downloaded an app on my phone to track my steps and I'm trying to see if I can reach the 10 k I didn't walk yesterday because after 12 hrs I was exhausted when I got home. I'm starving. I need to get some fruit for snacks before lunch and dinner. How are you feeling?

Jamie

Lemon is good in water. Believe me it's hard to drink water for me too. It has to be cold water with a lemon or enhancer in it

I enjoy the Greek yogurts as a quick meal. The Fage brand ones are good but a bit more sugar then Yoplait 100 calorie ones but more tasty

I like the Lose It app on my phone. Has you set a goal weight within a certain time frame and then you log in every meal so you can see where you stand with what you ate vs the calories allowed. It helps

I am feeling better. Still can't put the tissues down but definitely on the mend.

What kind of job do you have with such early working hours ?

Debbie

This weekend I will buy lemons and try it. I don't eat yogurt. Something about the texture. I almost had a soda today. Phew I didn't though. I instead had a kerns banana pineapple drink. Not sure if it was bad or not but thought it was better than a soda I put the app on my phone later in the day and it says I only walked about 5 k. Yikes. No wonder. I'm no where near 10 k

I'm the only accounting person for a 658 room resort Sometimes it's long hours and other times it's just 9 hrs but my brain is beat and somehow affects my body. Tomorrow will be a full day of steps on my phone so I will see how far off I am I have cut out almost all bread and when I do eat it. I try only one piece instead of 2. It's hard because I work around people that don't really care what they weigh. And I'm not one to care what people think of me or my weight but I personally would like to get my gut slimmer and thighs. All the problem areas for us woman I know I can do it if I just put my whole being into it. I don't have someone to walk with so that makes it harder. I'm thinking though maybe I will try the indoor walking like you and see if that helps. I only got one water down again today. I will weigh myself tomorrow and see what it says. Kinda scary though. I will let you know tomorrow before work

Jamie

Good morning

Just wondering how you did when you got on the scale yesterday ? Hopefully you got some good results. It's hard otherwise and can be discouraging. Write more later. Have a good day!

Debbie