Looking for a weight loss/workout buddy!

SusieV

Ugh. Scale didn't move and I ate McDonald's. Bad day yesterday. It was the 14 anniversary of my moms passing and work was nuts and I cheated. But u did get 6 k steps in. Which is more than usual so that is a plus How is ur loss coming along ? R u over that cold My phone has been acting up at work because we have a large convention in town and a lot are staying on our resort Most go home tomorrow so hopefully my signal will be normal again

Jamie

It's hard when things that make us sad or even things that upset us makes us turn to food. It happens to everyone If I have a bad day I turn to something to make me feel better. Today was a rough day so I ate ONE Oreo and a scoop of ice cream. Makes me feel better so it is what it is and you move on to the next day

I haven't been on the scale this week. Typically Tuesday is the day I get on but this week I did not We were out of town last weekend so wasn't as strict with what I ate

The phone app Lose It has really helped me. Record food and exercise I need to get back on track and use that daily. 98 more days to our cruise. Would love to be down 20#. Weekends are my downfall

It is so hard to be good!

Debbie

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am going to look up the app you are using. Sounds better than the one I have now. Today I will be going to the family for a remembers nice dinner of mom. And I am not going to worry about what I eat and I may have a few drinks. I keep forgetting to check my weight which is a problem also because then you don't realize how much you are gaining or in our case losing hopefully I need to go to the store so I think I will park further away than normal to get the extra steps in. I wish I was one of those people who loved gyms. I

This would be much easier then. I hope you have a great day today.

Jamie

Hi Debbie! Hi Jamie!

Sorry it's been soooo long since I've posted.....

As I suspected I was being affected quite a bit by the medication that doctor had put on. It was a rough go for about a month while it came out of my system, all I wanted to do is sleep!!

Thankfully it also has dropped my appetite down to nothing, and my weight has gone back down to normal. I'm at 140 now, if I hit 135 by December our cruise that would be great, but that's like skin and bones for me, and because of my back I can't work out so there's really no possibility of doing anything else different to lose that..

It was fun to see you still love your peanut butter Deb!!! I did give it up, just became too much of an obssesion to me and I was eating way too much every day.... Don't think I've seen any since the last time I wrote.

My sweet treat each day is a big Fuji apple, peeled, cored and sliced, with a tiny bit of honey on it put in the microwave far two and a half minutes. When it comes out hot the apples taste like apple pie!! I add a little bit of lightly salted peanuts to

it and its just a nice taste!!

I don't envy you guys with Thanksgiving coming up and all the temptations that are about to hit, this season stinks when it comes to discipline!!!

My belly makes it such I don't have a choice in the matter I have to be disciplined and it's rough watching other people eat all the nummy things lol!

But if you guys remember that you can have the yummy things but eat small quantities of them, just cut your quantities in HALF, you'll make it through this season without any drastic drama to your weight... You won't suffer those guilt pangs...

Have a good weekend you guys!!!

Lizz

Hi Lizz

Sooooo good to hear back from you! Glad you are doing well and that the meds are behind you and hopefully feeling more energetic with a little bit of an appetite!

I think my time might be here to give up my multi grain English muffin with peanut butter. It's hard, I look forward to it even after eating it as my daily lunch for the past year. It never affected my losing weight before but now I think it has so might be time for it to go. Not sure what I will replace it with. Ugh! Something has to give. In the double digits now to cruise day and that is equaling out to losing a pound a week until we leave. Doable but not if I continue what I guess is my "bad habit lunch". Need to find a good thing for a quick breakfast when I don't feel like eating. As of now during the week, I don't eat one

I bet you are excited that next month is your cruise. Are your clothes all planned out and bought? After a snowy day yesterday, I am more then ready for balmy temps especially since we got robbed of our summer this year

Please keep in touch. Look forward to your kind words and encouragement

Debbie

I am not a gym person either Jamie. Might be if I was younger and more fit. Walking will have to do along with my exercise bike. Would like to get some weights though to use

I can feel the seasonal affect disorder setting in this year. I need sun in my life and the snow and cold is here way too early which gives me such a shut in feeling Need to try and combat that with more walking. I googled it and weight gain and craving breads and pasta as a symptom. Ding ding ding. Having both of those and it needs to STOP. Any advice would be appreciated. That gets me down even more when I can feel the 1-2#added on.

Debbie

I have been doing good not drinking as much soda and cut way back in the fast food but the scale hasn't changed. That's annoying. As for sunlight. I have to have some. I did hear people say that there is a lamp that simulates sunlight but not sure how that works I have also been walking more although once I get home I just crash and burn. I prayed last nighty before I went to bed and asked to please wake up liking exercise or the gym or at least give me the strength to come home and go for a walk. I'm going to kohls after work today so that will be some walking I feel like I have dropped a lot of bad but with the scale not moving down it's discouraging to say the least so then I tell myself that I'm. It gaining so that's a good sign I eat a 90 calories granola bar for breakfast and I think that's good except it's not filling but I deal with it. Sunday I had frosted shredded wheat bites with a fresh banana cut up. It was actually pretty good It's so much harder to lose when we are older than when we were kids. Maybe because we had to walk everywhere. Lol I will write more. I have to get back to the cave ( work). Have a great day

Jamie

Hi Jamie!! I read your post and it really touched me... I have to let you know you must continue to pray, He hears you and you can overcome anything with Him. I know this because I have through many things in my life, He's never let me down... Even when I felt alone..

My spine is made out of many metal rods and bolts, and I've been through multiple huge surgeries because of it... Some even long emergency surgeries..

I can't exercise to keep my weight down. There was a time a few years ago but irresponsible doctors and their drugs poisoned me and my weight shot up to 215 pounds as a result... Not from food, just a bad reaction to the drugs as they almost killed me.

The Lord was good to me it was caught in time. The drugs were removed, and today I live without pain medications thru prayer, heat and rest... and my weight is down to normal at 140..

He hears you my friend ♡

Your post touched me Lizz. What you have gone through gives me the encouragement that anything can be overcome once you give it over in prayer to our Great Physician. "He" will get you through anything and everything if you pray and believe in Him!

Need to get out of this funk I am in. Instead of dwelling on it and letting it rule how I feel and my eating habits, I need to pray consistently that this heaviness be lifted !

Debbie

OMG. Last night I walked with someone and he said it's only 3.5 miles. Good gosh it felt like 20 miles but I did it without stopping. A short background on "he" our first date was 3-5-2002. Last December 13 we moved into separate rooms after 12 years together. We are just trying to figure things out. I always pray for God to show me the right way with our relationship. To be friends or get back together fully. It's hard. He works nights and I'm days so he's not always home. I see him Saturday Sunday and Monday nights. Unless his schedule changes like last night. So I normally don't have a walking buddy but did last night. That was nice I think the stress of our long term relationship and living situation makes me more depressed and therefore not want to exercise. I am trying to walk more though. I dealt with a lot worse in my life so I know God gives us the strength. We just have to take it. Anyhow. Tonight he's working so I have to commit myself to walk 2.0 miles by self Which I am going to do and I thought hey what a great time to pray for people. To thank god for all my blessings and to ask for help in this quest tinkles weight So if I can just keep in mind that I could put the walks to good use them I know I can do this. We all can. 😄 By the way I got on the scale this morning before work and it said 203.5. It's only a half pound but hey at least it's going in the right direction As a last note... As we say at church. IF GOD IS FOR US THEN WHO CAN BE AGAINST US

Jamie

Good job Jamie on the scale going down. Take it little by little, it adds up! Good job on walking. So much easier to have a walking partner. I know when hubby is not around, I don't do it but I should!

Hope that your prayers are answered and seem clear on what to do with your relationship. In your quiet moments and walking, ask and then listen. You will find the answers you are looking for

Keep up the good work

Debbie

I didn't walk as far as I was going to but i did walk a mile or 2048 steps. Yes I counted each step. Lol. It took 20 min which for today was my max exercise span attention. It's still more than I did before but I know not good enough. I need to do the 2 mile walk.

Jamie

Edited by jktheangel

But you walked so that is good!! You will go further as you continue to build momentum Have a big shopping weekend planned so expect to do lots of walking. Won't be my hour long at one time kind of walking but steps nonetheless

How is it going for you Lizz? Hope you are feeling much better. Your cruise is a coming, three months from yesterday is ours so bet you are thinking clothes and warm weather and what do I take Do you go anywhere after you get back to get out or stay away from our Michigan weather??

Have a great weekend ladies!

Debbie

Happy Monday!! Weekend went way too fast. I went on a shopping weekend downstate with my two daughters and baby grandson Jack while the guys went hunting

It was fun BUT was way off track with my eating. Ate all the bad things and now I sit here feeling bummed and plump(er). Ugh NEED to get back on track before it gets me going in the wrong direction of not caring Back to my Lose It app and recording everything and exercise exercise exercise

Hope you had a great and successful weekend

Debbie

Errgggg. So frustrated. I weighed 205 this morning and I don't understand how I walked 4 miles saturday and 1.5 yesterday I didn't over eat a bunch of crap so I'm not sure why I went up 1.5 lbs. I even had a kale and apple smoothie.

Debbie hang in there and just get back on track. You CAN do it. Whenever we are tempted to put crap in our mouth we need to remember it will ten times harder to undo it than it would be to just not eat it. Alright it's 5 am and I work early on Mondays so I will talk to Yal later. Have a great day

Jamie

I've found in the past, that all my dieting "good deeds" lol don't really show up for about 5 days on the scale.... Don't give up!! Your body can't work over nite if you think about it, as much as we'd love to see instant results..... pray for determination, and patience lol! I have to pray for that for ALL ASPECTS of my life, it sure doesn't come natural at all to me lol!!

Have a great weekend ladys!!! Xx

That does make sense Lizz. Thank you ! Don't give up Jamie, you can do this. Now I have to drill that into myself!

Your cruise is getting closer Lizz, lucky you. Winter has come too early to Michigan. All this snow and now freezing rain this weekend. Not gonna lie, it's depressing! Such a shut in feeling since I rely on hubby to take me places. With all our hills and curves around here, I leave my driving to daytime only and only if roads look manageable. Getting older has made me more of a driving chicken !!

It's Friday!! Yeah!! Have a wonderful weekend ladies !

Debbie

I have sucked this week at walking. I just have not felt well and had major headaches. I will have to get back on track this coming week. It has been cold here which for you Debbie is nothing. Lol. We are highs in the 60's which is frigid for us. I'm so glad today is Friday. I hope you ladies have a great weekend

Jamie

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Debbie!!

Merry Christmas to you and your family also!!!

I've been holding my own, this weather is getting to me pretty bad and I am soooo going to enjoy the carribean sunshine!

I've had horrid problems with one knee, it's finally decided this last couple months to collapse at whim, it needs replacing when we get back. For for its been injected with goo, and I've had my spine sorted for pain (because of it) with an epidural.

Soo this trip to the sunshine is just what the doctor ordered! !

The pain sadly has affected my belly, and because of THAT, I have lost weight. I'm down to 135, my ideal weight, good for my spine & bones but not attained the way I would have wanted. :(

I hope you are still following your program and seeing good results my friend!!! Never EVER give up!!!! Your trip is right around the corner, but honestly, that's only part of it really right?! Do this for YOU!

Your bones and joints are soooo worth the investment, please take it from me, I know; I care!

Lizz

• 3 weeks later...

Happy New Year Deb! Well, my trip is now over, and I can honestly say that it was worth it to struggle to my final goal weight!!

I.ate healthy on ťhe ship, and only gained 2 pounds from the the wine I enjoyed lol!!!

I hope you're sticking with it my friend.... ♡♡

uploadfromtaptalk1420617084276.jpg.00543b8ad88fdb609ef01171b3d50c4b.jpg

Edited by notanlinesLizz

Hope your trip was everything you expected it to be!! It looked warm and you look amazing! Great job and I bet well worth it to have a pic taken in a swimsuit What ports did you visit again and what ship?

Honestly it has not been going great for me. No big weight gains but definitely no weight lost either. Holidays sure don't help then going into the January blahs along with this bitter cold temps makes you want to "nibble". I am so disappointed in myself and really need/want to lose 5-7# in the next 38 days, more would be a great bonus. Not even sure if doable. Kind of feel defeated BUT I have and NEED to get back on track. Give me a good hard kick will you ????!!!!

Debbie