Sorry for this silly question....

azurewater

but is Viking Ocean the same as the Viking River Cruises?

We are looking at booking a river cruise and was looking for a forum that discussed river cruises. We are new to river cruises in Europe and would like to gather some information before we commit to one.

If this isn't the right forum, do you know of any?

Thanks, aw

They are -sort of - the same company, but two different "divisions" if you will. To find out all the scoop about Viking River Cruises, go the the board called "River Cruising" - it's at the same level as the one you used to get to "Cruise Lines P - Z" only a bit farther down the page. In there you can post all your river cruising questions. It's a very active board.

We've taken one Viking River Cruise (14-day on the Rhine/Mosel) and one on Uniworld (14-day Russia). Both were great, but I think I liked the Uniworld a bit better, but maybe that's just because I loved seeing Russia.

Viking Ocean is new - they haven't even built their first ship yet! But they're already taking reservations for their maiden voyage in 2015. Yep - two years from now. We've booked with them because we like the port intensive itinerary.

Good luck to you!

Archived