bed rails Royal Caribbean

jaz0308

Asked once before but never got an answer so I'm trying one more time! Does anyone know if they have bed rails available on RC Explorer of the Seas? I plan on putting my 3year old in a twin bed but am really hoping they have bed rails!

Yes...they do. Some folks will simply use a "pool noodle"...stick it under the fitted sheet and it forms a barrier! Or, if your child is a roller, then stick them on the floor! It's called "adventure sleeping", and there's no where for them to fall!

I agree about putting them on the floor. DD (2) sleeps in a toddler bed at home, but often gets out & sleeps on the floor. We were going to have her sleep on the sofa bed, but ended up having he sleep on the floor in front of the sofa. The cabin attendant made a small bed out of the bedding for the sofa bed (including comforters). It worked out very well!

I was told by the cruise line that we are to ask our stateroom attendant when we board and they will provide them. However, we are probably bringing the travel inflatable ones that go under a fitted sheet which you can buy at One Step Ahead. They are amazing!

Yes, I was looking for lower bed rails. I hope they are available...otherwise, adventure sleeping it is! Hope my DD will be comfy on the floor for 9 nights! I have heard the pool noodle idea but can't imagine boarding with 2 big noodles in my arms! LOL! How do people manage that?

• 2 weeks later...

I called RCCL about this same thing when we went on the Oasis. The person I spoke with told me that we could ask the stateroom attendant and he would get one for us.

Well, guess what? The stateroom attendant had no idea what I was talking about! They had no bed rails on that ship, except the ones attached to the top bunk.

We asked for one on the Freedom and our attendant got one for us. They didn't have many because our friends traveling with us asked for one a day after and they had run out. We asked as soon as we got to the stateroom. The built in rail is not very big. The bed rail they added for us covered about 3/4 the length of the bed. As others mentioned you can always pull the mattress down and create a bed on the floor. Get to know your stateroom attendant and they will be very helpful. If they don't know what a bed rail is then call down to guest services or housekeeping and I'm sure someone can assist.

UPDATE: Just returned from Explorer of the Seas and our attendant said they have no bedrails for lower beds, just upper. He was new so went to ask his supervisor and was advised of this. We made do okay but i am pretty upset because I called twice to ask about this and they took my request and told me to just ask my attendant onboard for bed rails. Seems to me they should know this info when you call.

UPDATE: Just returned from Explorer of the Seas and our attendant said they have no bedrails for lower beds, just upper. He was new so went to ask his supervisor and was advised of this. We made do okay but i am pretty upset because I called twice to ask about this and they took my request and told me to just ask my attendant onboard for bed rails. Seems to me they should know this info when you call.

Yeah I didn't think so. How did WE manage when my girls were younger? It depended on the ship. Some ships I pulled the mattress off the bed and threw it on the floor. Others I turned the couch around and had it face the wall. Others I stacked TONS of pillows.

The year that we drove to Miami I took my own bed rail.

Welcome back! How was the rest of the cruise?

Yeah I didn't think so. How did WE manage when my girls were younger? It depended on the ship. Some ships I pulled the mattress off the bed and threw it on the floor. Others I turned the couch around and had it face the wall. Others I stacked TONS of pillows.

The year that we drove to Miami I took my own bed rail.

Welcome back! How was the rest of the cruise?

Cruise was totally awesome! VERY child friendly! We ended up with connecting rooms and my DH in one with DS and me with DD in the other room! The bed was SO big and DD was so exhausted that she just slept in bed with me. I piled pillows on the other side of her just in case but she really just passed out! We were in interior promenade view rooms (which were totally awesome!) and just in case anyone needs to know couch cushions did not come off nor did the couch move! One other issue was that there was a big glass table in the middle of the room which i was always nervous about but everything worked out ok!

I'm available to answer any questions regarding Explorer and children if I can!

Yes, I was looking for lower bed rails. I hope they are available...otherwise, adventure sleeping it is! Hope my DD will be comfy on the floor for 9 nights! I have heard the pool noodle idea but can't imagine boarding with 2 big noodles in my arms! LOL! How do people manage that?

Bend them and transport them in your suitcase. Figure out how long it needs to be and cut to length.

Archived