Live From The Royal Princess

Shogun

Decaf coffee beans in the regular coffee machine and vice versa.

That was quick !!

Yes, the hoppers should be the otherway round. I checked all the other machines on the ship and they were all correct, except this one. If you wanted regular you had to press decaf button.

That was quick !!

Yes, the hoppers should be the otherway round. I checked all the other machines on the ship and they were all correct, except this one. If you wanted regular you had to press decaf button.

I always look at stuff like that. ;)

And on the 'smoking side':

Prize of a years free subscription to Cruise Critic to the first person who spots the mistake

Royal392_zps8a524bc4.jpg

RL]

:eek:

LOL

How did you decide which to believe?

That could actually be dangerous - lots of people can't have caffeine for heart conditions, etc.

Was it only in the smoking area?

Maybe they figured if you're already smoking it didn't matter whether you had caffeine or not. :p

EDIT : I just noticed something no one has noticed - those are real coffee beans, NOT SYRUP, in those machines!!!!

Thank you Showgun and SwissDave for all the info and the great pictures. Did you notice if the partition between balcony cabins could be unlocked for access between neighboring cabins?

Yes, they can. They fold flat against the non openening side of the balcony door.

Was the ultimate ship tour available?

Not on the Maiden. Hopefully it will be later though. I think they probably had far too much to do with getting all the 'snagging' fixed to be able to dedicate staff to the UST.

Dave and Shogun, thanks for all the fabulous pictures. Dave, the mini-suite looks great even with the smaller balcony and Shogun, the Chef's table looks fantastic. DH and I may have to splurge and put out name in the hat for this experience as we have never done it.

:eek:

LOL

How did you decide which to believe?

That could actually be dangerous - lots of people can't have caffeine for heart conditions, etc.

Was it only in the smoking area?

Maybe they figured if you're already smoking it didn't matter whether you had caffeine or not. :p

EDIT : I just noticed something no one has noticed - those are real coffee beans, NOT SYRUP, in those machines!!!!

I only saw this in the smoking area, the machines inside the Horizon court all looked to be correct.

They are pre ground beans. the machine makes and stores 3 litres of coffee, when it gets below a certain level it makes some more. one morning it was not working and had a message on the screen saying 'Empty the grounds waste hopper'.

The quality is not the best (as to be expected) but is a definate improvement on the syrup based stuff. I know who supplies the coffee (but am not allowed to say who) so I know what the quality rating is - trust me that it is not the lowest.

Archived