Live From The Royal Princess

Shogun

Dave is that a foot rest thingie tucked under the chair ???

It is indeed, and it is possible to use it as well - at least one of them at a time, but you can always share as I did !!

BTW, the construction going on at the dock is actually the removal of the seating area used for the naming ceremony in Southampton.

Hello Swiss Dave and Shogun,

Are the electric outlets under the bed in use for the bedside lamps or are they available for anyone's use? Also are they European or American type outlets? DH uses a CPAP machine and it is dual voltage so this would be great if available for guests.

Hello Swiss Dave and Shogun,

Are the electric outlets under the bed in use for the bedside lamps or are they available for anyone's use? Also are they European or American type outlets? DH uses a CPAP machine and it is dual voltage so this would be great if available for guests.

There are 2 under the bed, both European. One has a light plugged in, the other is spare. I also use a CPAP but as I am in Europe I have European connector so no problem for me. The cord on my CPAP power supply was also long enough to reach the oulet on the dresser, however it may depend on cabin type if you can do it all of them or not.

balcony2_zps53141a5a.jpg

Thanks Dave and Shogun for these GREAT photos!!!

They really give a sense of the ship.

Dave - everyone said that the lounger on the balcony had to face sideways but in the photo you posted above it really looks like there would be space to turn it out to sea and still be able to sit. You couldn't recline it back but if you left it straight up and put the back right against the white wall it appears to have space to sit and face the ocean.

Did you ever try that?

That was quick !!

Yes, the hoppers should be the otherway round. I checked all the other machines on the ship and they were all correct, except this one. If you wanted regular you had to press decaf button.

It definitely look like those are real beans, but the views seem to say tht it still tastes like the concentrate.... Thoughts?

Thanks Dave and Shogun for these GREAT photos!!!

They really give a sense of the ship.

Dave - everyone said that the lounger on the balcony had to face sideways but in the photo you posted above it really looks like there would be space to turn it out to sea and still be able to sit. You couldn't recline it back but if you left it straight up and put the back right against the white wall it appears to have space to sit and face the ocean.

Did you ever try that?

Yes, I had the chair turned to face directly out several times.

Thank you so much for posting this picture, it's just want I wanted to know. One question if you can answer, any idea if some of the remote have been disabled to prevent hooking up external devices?

Thanks Again.....:):):)

Bob

As Shogun says, remote is very simple. here is a close up taken from one of my earlier pictures:

remote_zpsf0f8308d.jpg

On the front of the TV are touch sensative buttons, if the remote wont let you select your device, those might.

We too have just returned from this trip. We booked it because it was a maiden voyage sailing out of Southamptom, we only live 20 mins away. We were very disappointed that there was nothing special to celebrate the maiden voyage. Not even a special dinner menu on the first formal night. We enjoyed the trip, we love cruising and enjoy the princess brand, but it felt just like any other cruise, nothing special which we had hoped for. I do wander how the ship will fare with an additional 900 pax this week -hope someone will post. Never had any problems finding seats anywhere, and to be able to find a sunbed in the Retreat at 10.30 was great, I am sure that this will not be the case on future voyages. The crew were fantastic, all, we were told, hand-picked for the inaugural season. We would return to her if the itinerary, price and timings suited our needs.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

OK, here are some pics of cabin M225. I have not included any from around the ship (at the moment) but will add some later.

Thank you so much for posting these Dave. It is great to see the extra storage, like the space above the desk, in such detail. The cruise in Nov. will be my first on Princess, so this is all new and wonderful to me! Kay

Thanks SwissDave for the cabin pictures. Mine will be one above you almost in L227. I don't think there will be any noise from deck chairs being set up about at The Retreat Pool but did you happen to notice if there was? You being on Marina probably kept you from hearing deck noise but thought I would ask.

Has anyone tried Fondues yet? We have a Melting Pot close by and the desserts especially are yummy!!

Thanks so much to all the one's who have posted after sailing!!

Archived