cruising on the pride dec 29, 2013--weather and dining questions

secac

Hi--new at the cruising and forum thing and have some random questions that maybe some of you can answer. I honestly didn't think of the weather. Will we need heavier jackets? Do you think swimming will be out of the question (water too cold?)

A logistical question. On embarkation day is there another place to eat other than Lido Deck buffet?

More re. dining: If we eat at David's, which would be the best night in terms of service, crowds etc? Can you order more than one item per course--I know there is an extra charge for the entrée.

Also, because of a medical condition, my husband can only drink filtered/purified/distilled water (think Disante or Aquafine). No tap, spring or other kind. So, he can't order fountain drinks or iced tea, etc because of the ice and water. Any suggestions that will not break the bank? Thanks.

The water onboard is filtered?? So, Im not sure what is wrong with the onboard water that makes your husband unable to drink it.

Do you mean something different when you say filtered?

Im sure its salt water they filter out the salt and make it drinkable.

The portions will be quite large, I cant imagine wanting to order multiple items. I believe appetizers are unlimited. By the time you get to dessert, most normal people are almost too full to eat it.. the dessert to me was huge, I had the cheesecake.

There are other places on Lido, like pizza, the grill etc.. its not just a buffet and the pizza is 24/7 and room service is free if your husband is that big of a eater. Oh the deli will be open too, which has huge reuben sandwichs, turkey roll ups, ham and cheese and they grill them right there .. to me the sandwiches are so large I order half of one.

In the MDR you can order as many entrees and appetizers as you want. Its good to order then all together so you dont have your waiter running back and forth. I know I want two lobster tails so I order them upfront.

No one goes hungry on a cruise. If you eat early dinner and hungry a hour later, hit the buffet and eat again.

weather can not be predicted. we sailed the pride in february weather was a balmy 54 degrees a few weeks before those cruisers had to dig their cars out of the snow. pools are not heated but the midship pool has the retractable roof closed boy is it loud in there

We went on the Pride the 1st week of Jan. - So close to same time of year. Cold on the decks until you get down to Florida. They close the roof over the pool...warm enough in there.

There's a hot tub in the gym/spa area you can go sit in as well...that's nice and not crowded. Our 1st stop was Port Canaveral...beach weather was great! In town - hot. Then, off to Bahamas...very windy - cloudy day - so chilly - but still went on beach...just didn't swim. If not cloudy - would have been perfect! 2nd day in Bahamas perfect.

As mentioned before - you can take a case of water bottles on board. There's an in-room fridge.

Regarding food - don't waste your money on David's Steakhouse. That costs allot extra. You can get as many helpings at the main dining room or any other area (except David's) as you want...even on formal night - where they serve lobster! The steak is just as good there too...it's all the same food on the ship...just presentation is different.

On boarding day - buffet not only option - you can get burgers; hot dogs; nachos; pizza; paninis; etc out by the pool.

Hi--new at the cruising and forum thing and have some random questions that maybe some of you can answer. I honestly didn't think of the weather. Will we need heavier jackets? Do you think swimming will be out of the question (water too cold?)

A logistical question. On embarkation day is there another place to eat other than Lido Deck buffet?

More re. dining: If we eat at David's, which would be the best night in terms of service, crowds etc? Can you order more than one item per course--I know there is an extra charge for the entrée.

Also, because of a medical condition, my husband can only drink filtered/purified/distilled water (think Disante or Aquafine). No tap, spring or other kind. So, he can't order fountain drinks or iced tea, etc because of the ice and water. Any suggestions that will not break the bank? Thanks.

We were on the Pride last Jan. Brought sweatshirts only. That seemed to be enough for us. The ship was never cold inside. As others have stated, the main pool was covered and did seem to be heated. The water was very warm. The temp out side started to get milder by the Carolinas. As far as David's goes we went a couple of times, and it was never busy.

As mentioned before - you can take a case of water bottles on board. There's an in-room fridge.

Regarding food - don't waste your money on David's Steakhouse. That costs allot extra. You can get as many helpings at the main dining room or any other area (except David's) as you want...even on formal night - where they serve lobster! The steak is just as good there too...it's all the same food on the ship...just presentation is different.

l.

you are only allowed 12 non alcoholic beverages per person in your carry on only. Ship water is fine. Take your own insulated mug.= the cups the provide are very small.

Davids is 30.00pp and is VERY well worth the added cost. (especially if looking at celebrating something during the week) The ambiance is totally different from that of the MDR. It is NOT the same food as the MDR. and the lobster is a lot bigger then what you get from the MDR.

Archived