Diamonds in December, NOT this year!

I'll be taking my first December cruise this year and I'm a relatively new diamond ... I probably only qualify as a quarter-carat diamond.

The diamonds in December promo might have caused a bit of a ruckus from my DD who is a mere emerald, so it's probably just as well. We'll both get 20 points since we're in a JS and I won't have to listen to snarky comments about how emeralds are discriminated against.

Warning to all new RCCL cruisers, and Recent Diamond people:

A few years back we saw them revamp the entire Crown and Anchor program, then they lessened the food on the ships, and threatened to take the lobster out of the MDR. At last they threw us a bone and offered this as a peace offering.... We have been doing this for the last 2 years, and appreciated the additional points toward the unattainable Pinnacle status. (We are not even half way there).. Now they take this away.....it is time to show them who has the purse/wallet. Tomorrow I am calling my T/A to see what December might be like on the Breakaway, Epic, or that new Princess ship.

It is time to get serious, If RCCL has empty ships this December, it will serve the big shots right.... This is just like the current pricing structure, where you start high, and then discount like mad after final payment is made to fill it up. NCL works like an airline where they start low, and bump the price as they fill, and they are doing just fine.

Dont be a victim and just take this, do something about it...

Time for a revoloution... Best Wishes

CG

[quote name='Cruise_Girl_170']Warning to all new RCCL cruisers, and Recent Diamond people:

A few years back we saw them revamp the entire Crown and Anchor program, then they lessened the food on the ships, and threatened to take the lobster out of the MDR. At last they threw us a bone and offered this as a peace offering.... We have been doing this for the last 2 years, and appreciated the additional points toward the unattainable Pinnacle status. (We are not even half way there).. Now they take this away.....it is time to show them who has the purse/wallet. Tomorrow I am calling my T/A to see what December might be like on the Breakaway, Epic, or that new Princess ship.

It is time to get serious, If RCCL has empty ships this December, it will serve the big shots right.... This is just like the current pricing structure, where you start high, and then discount like mad after final payment is made to fill it up. NCL works like an airline where they start low, and bump the price as they fill, and they are doing just fine.

CG[/QUOTE]

We don't feel as negative as you do, however we are now considering canceling the 3 cruises that we have booked on the Freedom in December and booking the NCL Breakaway for a B2B Dec.1 and Dec.8.

We recently read a review about the Breakaway and thought that we might like sailing on her.

We have so many cruises booked with Royal Caribbean and are within reach of "Pinnacle" that we decided NOT to book the Breakaway BUT we are now seriously re-thinking December.

Will we continue sailing on Royal Caribbean? Of course, but probably shift a few cruises to broaden our viewpoint.

[quote name='cruise wizard']Maybe they will have a program that is bigger & better????

Maybe like some promises of lower Federal taxes, transparency in Government and more jobs!!!!![/QUOTE]

Oh, Wizard, you are soooooooo funny!

[quote name='Starry Eyes']Congratulations on the upcoming 30th anniversary and Pinnacle. A B2B2B sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate.

If lots of D and higher loyalty members cancel their December cruises or if far fewer book them for December 2014, Royal Caribbean will likely realize the lack of DID mattered to many people. But if they say they are working on something else, maybe, just maybe, they will come up with something as good or better than DID. Hope is simple and cheap.:D.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Very well said!

I won't be cancelling my December cruise because I am going with "pure gold" friends, but I doubt that I will book one in 2014. The extra points were an incentive to me. Guess I thought that RCI started the promo to fill up the between holiday sailings. Obviously, the plan worked. It will be interesting to see how the bookings go in the future.

[quote name='CruiseMore1']I keep reading about this magnet and wondering why we didn't get them last December on Allure???[/QUOTE]

You can have mine. They are still I plastic wrapper. The year before the gave out metal water bottles and beach bags, they cut back to the magnets and pins. I will not make Pinnacle in this lifetime but travel RCCL because I like the ships, the service, the customer service and the crew. Plus I am cruising! What more is important. Diamond plus was so important to us so we could socialize with our friends in the concierge lounge. So we did 4 weekends in a row on the Majesty, 3 in December. We made plus just in time for our cruise with our friends. We sat in the concierge lounge for 20 minutes each night and then moved to the Diamond to be with the rest of our group who were not plus. It was more important to be all together anywhere than to have a few appetizers without them. I have a December cruise booked to actually see some friends, go to Cozumel and have lunch at La Choza and then get back on the ship. The points were a nice perk but being with friends we never get to see, except while cruising, is so much more important. IMHO.

[quote name='Cruise_Girl_170']Warning to all new RCCL cruisers, and Recent Diamond people:

CG[/quote]

Really?? I cruise in Dec b/c I enjoy it, not b/c of what they are giving me. Trust me, the ship will not be empty. And we don't even know if/what they are going to offer in its place. We cruise Royal b/c we love it. Yes, the perks are fantastic, but I am not staying home or paying more to go on something else just b/c Royal is not offering the DID event.

CG[/quote]

That's the great thing about cruising, there are so many options out there. I think I'll stick around and grab me a couple of cheap December cruises on an empty ship. :rolleyes:

CG[/quote]

You go girl!!! No really, just go. :D

[SIZE=3][COLOR=purple][B]Princess has great food and great service.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :D [SIZE=3][COLOR=purple][B]And has become my new favorite ever since I was on the Ruby to the Caribbean. Great cruise and entertainment. [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[B][SIZE=3][COLOR=#800080][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=purple][B]Haven't tried HAL yet,but I hear good things about that [/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple][B]line too.:rolleyes:[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Good less people getting double points for nothing

[quote name='sandy toes']Hi all, Just received this email, thought I would share it with everyone as I know a lot of people were waiting to hear...

It is with our deepest regret that we must inform you that the Crown & Anchor Society will not be hosting a December Celebration for the 2013 holiday season. In the past, this promotion served as a surprise appreciation to our top tier members. Here at Royal Caribbean International, we are always thinking of new ways to reward our most loyal guests. While we understand the disappointment this announcement may cause, we ask for your continued patience as we prepare new and exciting programs for the future.

Was really hoping...guess they will plan something else...[/QUOTE]

CG[/quote]

Gee - feel entitled much?

How about you [B]EARN [/B]your points the RIGHT way - pay for EACH night - or do a JS or higher if you want double.

Stop B*/griping when someone takes your "unearned" gift away. Gawd I just HATE the younger "It's all about me" generation.

Well this is disappointing.

We won't be canceling our December cruise, but we also won't be making it a B2B as we had planned to if DID was going on. Oh well, we'll have to wait one more cruise for D+. :(

[quote name='crbonfiber']Good less people getting double points for nothing[/QUOTE]

They weren't for [I]nothing[/I]. RCI charged a "fare" to get on the ship. :rolleyes:

CG[/QUOTE]

I like RCI and love Jewel, so I think I will keep our December sailing and save my outrage for something more significant, thanks.

[quote name='Kugel']You can have mine. They are still I plastic wrapper. The year before the gave out metal water bottles and beach bags, they cut back to the magnets and pins. I will not make Pinnacle in this lifetime but travel RCCL because I like the ships, the service, the customer service and the crew. Plus I am cruising! What more is important. Diamond plus was so important to us so we could socialize with our friends in the concierge lounge. So we did 4 weekends in a row on the Majesty, 3 in December. We made plus just in time for our cruise with our friends. We sat in the concierge lounge for 20 minutes each night and then moved to the Diamond to be with the rest of our group who were not plus. It was more important to be all together anywhere than to have a few appetizers without them. I have a December cruise booked to actually see some friends, go to Cozumel and have lunch at La Choza and then get back on the ship. The points were a nice perk but being with friends we never get to see, except while cruising, is so much more important. IMHO.[/QUOTE]

I thought that Majesty didn't have a CL or DL, just the Diamond Event.:confused:

[quote name='cruise wizard']Maybe they will have a program that is bigger & better????

[COLOR=Red]Maybe like some promises of lower Federal taxes, transparency in Government and more jobs!!!!![/COLOR][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Navy]Now that's funny !!![/COLOR][/FONT]

:D:D

[quote name='beachnative']We don't feel as negative as you do, however we are now considering canceling the 3 cruises that we have booked on the Freedom in December and booking the NCL Breakaway for a B2B Dec.1 and Dec.8.

We recently read a review about the Breakaway and thought that we might like sailing on her.

We have so many cruises booked with Royal Caribbean and are within reach of "Pinnacle" that we decided NOT to book the Breakaway BUT we are now seriously re-thinking December.

Will we continue sailing on Royal Caribbean? Of course, but probably shift a few cruises to broaden our viewpoint.[/QUOTE]Are you really thinking of going from Virginia to NYC to sail Breakaway in December? I live in Wisconsin where winters are cold, and still, I say Brrr. I have sailed from NYC in December twice and encountered cold weather and rough seas. Understand why locals do it. I felt I was a bit nutty to fly east to catch the ship. But I cannot imagine leaving the south to catch a ship for the north. How about Breakaway in a warmer month? or waiting for her soon to be released sister Getaway?

I actually stopped cruising in December because of DID. As a platinum - now Emerald member, it was annoying (and more expensive than years past without DID). Last year we cruised in November and our next one is January. I'll probably keep it where it is, but might look at dec 2014.

[I][B]A few years back we saw them revamp the entire Crown and Anchor program, then they lessened the food on the ships, and threatened to take the lobster out of the MDR. [/B][/I]

Well, CR speaks the truth there. The food went downhill big time, and they did take lobste out of MDR.

They just keep fooling around with Crown & Anchor til people are good and angry and walk away.

Have to wonder about those that think people are acting like hey're "entitled". [B]They are entitled. They paid good money based on expectations advertised and fulfilment of promises.[/B]

Archived