Diamonds in December, NOT this year!

Jules, you haven't changed a bit! I thought you gave up on cruising after your explosion problem and then again after your art purchase problem? So wonderful to see you back again.

Just think, another week or two and you'll be a member of the 10,000+ club, what an achievement for you.

Congratulations :eek:

We were told that DiD would be happening in 2013 by the Loyalty Ambassador on Adventure last year.

What is the big problem with people being disappointed with the change of heart by RCCL?

RCCL will know in time if this decision was in their best interest.

It would be great to see some on here with egg on their face if RCCL change their mind on this one!

For all the reasons previously highlighted here in this thread your decision to accept something said by an LA prior to waiting for an official announcement was a poor one on your part. It obligates RCCL in no way. RCCL didn't change any decision -- it had not been made at that time and any logically thinking person would know that.

If your real reason for continuing the nonsense about what an LA may or may not have said is a plan to force RCCL to "change their mind" (as your last post indicates) you might consider an email directly to Adam Goldstein regarding your complaint. You will more than likely receive a prompt phone call from someone on his staff who can help you directly.

Does anyone know if the Loyalty Ambassadors are on commission?

Glen

Not sure about the commission issue however we do know they are in very regular contact with Miami either in person or via conference calls (This according to LA Emma on Independence) so you would think they would be up to speed with what's happening with things like DiD.

RCCL might change mind yet, and if they don't then who cares, lets just enjoy our December cruising.

Just think, another week or two and you'll be a member of the 10,000+ club, what an achievement for you.

Congratulations :eek:

Nah, you need to work on your math skills my friend, I only average just over 3 posts a day, will take a wee bit longer than two weeks.

Now to stay on topic here, if someone actually said the DID promotion was going to happen this year, people should contact the cruiseline with a complaint.

If you book onboard or get a next cruise certificate and book within one month of getting home they get 10%. If you dont use your next cruise for 1+ months to eternity. Then they get nothing. So onboard bookings yes. And next cruise certificates if used with in one month of cruise they get commission

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forums mobile app

Speculation on the part of the LA does not require action on the part of the company. EVERYONE KNEW that the DID program was a temporary program and NO ONE could know if were going to be offered again for 2013 UNTIL it was announced. (If you chose to believe the LA and booked only because of DID, cancel and all is fine. No reason to complain when you caused the problem by accepting as truth something that defies logic. Think it through.)

And... "Why is there always one?" If you took the time to read the thread page by page you would see that I'm not the only one and we try to get you to stop because it is sad to see you all beating your heads against the wall.

You are wrong, but entitled to your opinion. Just because others have said to get over it does not make it correct. By the way, your snarky comment about my not reading all of the posts is wrong as well. You are entitled to be wrong, but I don't think, sorry I don't live up to your logic standards.

I caused the problem by believing the LA? You are just hilarious in your arrogance. Step off.

For all the reasons previously highlighted here in this thread your decision to accept something said by an LA prior to waiting for an official announcement was a poor one on your part. It obligates RCCL in no way. RCCL didn't change any decision -- it had not been made at that time and any logically thinking person would know that.

If your real reason for continuing the nonsense about what an LA may or may not have said is a plan to force RCCL to "change their mind" (as your last post indicates) you might consider an email directly to Adam Goldstein regarding your complaint. You will more than likely receive a prompt phone call from someone on his staff who can help you directly.

What really gives you the impression I'm bothered, let the customer be disappointed if they wish.

You don't have to force your opinion on them.

I'm sure RCCL don't want customers waiting to book rooms based on their announcement of DiD, however it might be what happens after this event!

You are wrong, but entitled to your opinion. Just because others have said to get over it does not make it correct. By the way, your snarky comment about my not reading all of the posts is wrong as well. You are entitled to be wrong, but I don't think, sorry I don't live up to your logic standards.

I caused the problem by believing the LA? You are just hilarious in your arrogance. Step off.

I'm sorry you mistook logical thinking for arrogance when I'm simply trying to point out what is so glaringly obvious. Just think about it -- how could an LA (or anyone) know in 2012 that DID would be announced again in 2013? Did you think to ask how he/she knew that information? Only a fortune teller would know that.

The main topic of discussion in the CL since January has been "will DID be continued for 2013." No one had a clue. But somehow you had this inside information last December??? Did you post it here? Did you reply to any of many threads here asking if anyone had heard prior to the email being announced? No, kept it to yourself huh? Makes me wonder if you really believed it.

I'm sorry you mistook logical thinking for arrogance when I'm simply trying to point out what is so glaringly obvious. Just think about it -- how could an LA (or anyone) know in 2012 that DID would be announced again in 2013? Did you think to ask how he/she knew that information? Only a fortune teller would know that.

The main topic of discussion in the CL since January has been "will DID be continued for 2013." No one had a clue. But somehow you had this inside information last December??? Did you post it here? Did you reply to any of many threads here asking if anyone had heard prior to the email being announced? No, kept it to yourself huh? Makes me wonder if you really believed it.

On a side issue, why do you feel the need to have an obtrusive, over large box with your C & A status in the middle for all to see?

I'm just interested.

Thanks

We were told that DiD would be happening in 2013 by the Loyalty Ambassador on Adventure last year.

What is the big problem with people being disappointed with the change of heart by RCCL?

Wasn't even going to go to post on this form , BUT I guess I will.

While on the Radiance of the Seas Hawaii cruise in May my friends booked while on the ship, at diner that night my friend said what a sweet deal he got booking a JS in Dec in the Indy. I knew what he was going to tell me so I let it play out and sure thing he told me that after checking on his points the sales person suggested they book a JS in December and get 3 points for each night, they jumped on it and I told him not to be surprised if something doesn't change before their Dec 7th cruise. Well I haven't had the heart to tell them the news.

While I am and have been booked on a Dec cruise , I am not chasing point but my friend seems to be chasing me.

As for being told things from any one at RCCL, no one should be surprised if they don't know what they are talking about, it is very hard to get the same answer from 3 employees.

One last thought, I don't know how you could go about proving what was told to my friends when they booked.

It looks like I caused this problem too!

Wasn't even going to go to post on this form , BUT I guess I will.

While on the Radiance of the Seas Hawaii cruise in May my friends booked while on the ship, at diner that night my friend said what a sweet deal he got booking a JS in Dec in the Indy. I knew what he was going to tell me so I let it play out and sure thing he told me that after checking on his points the sales person suggested they book a JS in December and get 3 points for each night, they jumped on it and I told him not to be surprised if something doesn't change before their Dec 7th cruise. Well I haven't had the heart to tell them the news.

While I am and have been booked on a Dec cruise , I am not chasing point but my friend seems to be chasing

As for being told things from any one at RCCL, no one should be surprised if they don't know what they are talking about, it is very hard to get the same answer from 3 employees.

One last thought, I don't know how you could go about proving what was told to my friends when they booked.

Further proof of wrong info, they, like us will get over it.

I know what you're saying about the 3 employees, come across it many times :cool:

Wow. Can't some of us have the opinion that we are disappointed with a may or may not DID. I see your opinions that we shouldn't be disappointed. Can't we just leave it alone as who's opinion is more right than the next person's?

Wow. Can't some of us have the opinion that we are disappointed with a may or may not DID. I see your opinions that we shouldn't be disappointed. Can't we just leave it alone as who's opinion is more right than the next person's?

If it was left alone there'd be no thread - ha ha ha !!

:D :) :D

I know, from now on I won't believe anything anyone says, especially you. Thinking back, I should have wrestled that LA to the ground and said are you positive? Did you check with Fred? This temporary program has only been in force in 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012. I'm not sure we should believe you. The Captain said we were docking in Cozumel in the morning, is that open to debate?

It's not logical that anything would occur for a 5th year! We have our limits you know. This is too funny.

Lighten up, this is Cruise Critic.

http://www.******************.com/category/category/crown-anchor-society-diamond-celebration

Just wondering..........why hasn't anyone emailed the head honcho's at RCCL, explain the confusion on here CC and ask them if there will be a DID this year!:confused:

I am no good with words or I would do it myself.:(:o

Our TA, who is a trusted friend, did and forwarded the response to us.

In a nutshell; no Diamonds in December planned for this year.

steveru621 grab your pail

fredmdcruisers grab your shovel

Now get out of the sandbox and go home until you can both stop bickering like a couple of Mrs. Murphy's third graders.

Thank you for putting it in perspective.

I'm glad they aren't having it. Now people will cruise because they want to, not for the points.

Gina

Say what? You think they really didn't WANT to cruise?

Like it or not...the fact is that the Suites do cost more money and for a person that spends a premium for a cruise not to be able to get into the CL...that is going to get Royal's attention.

Solid point.

On a side issue, why do you feel the need to have an obtrusive, over large box with your C & A status in the middle for all to see?

I'm just interested.

Thanks

Thanks for asking. I used to have a listing of all of our cruises and thought this was smaller and acceptable. Some people use those rotating diamonds but those seem odd to me. If you think it's still too large and obtrusive I'll see if I can reduce the size. It's intent is to display to those asking questions that I have some experience cruising with Royal and might be able to save them some time and trouble -- if not some money -- when booking their cruises. I certainly apologize if it bothers you and I'll work on a smaller size.

I appreciate your input.

Thanks for asking. I used to have a listing of all of cruises and thought this was smaller and acceptable. Some people use those rotating diamonds but those seem odd to me. If you think it's still too large and obtrusive I'll see if I can reduce the size. It's intent is to display to those asking questions that I have some experience cruising with Royal and might be able to save them some time and trouble -- if not some money -- when booking their cruises. I certainly apologize if it bothers you and I'll work on a smaller size.

I appreciate your input.

Sorry I may have chosen the wrong words. Over large and obtrusive to me weren't words to criticise they were descriptive of how I found it.

I think it's fine - sorry for any offence. That's why I said I was just interested.

Thanks

Archived