NCL Gem with a infant/toddler

mhite2289

Has anyone recently been on the NCL Gem with a toddler? If so, can you help me understand the ship a bit more:

1. Are you able to play with your children under 3 in the TreeTops area at certain times of the day?

2. I have read on this board multiple times that the daily Under 3 Zoo activities aren't worth it. What is your opinion?

3. Are you able to allow your Under 3 kids in swim diapers to go anywhere in the water? Small pool? Splash area?

4. What is your opinion of the kids dining area?

Hey - I responded to your duplicate thread over on the NCL forum, but to repeat:

1. No, but on the Jewel, Pearl and Jade, there is a separate area that is set aside (usually the room right behind the kids' splash pool) which is available all day for under threes. You must stay with them, however - but it's a good place to run off some steam.

2. We participated in this quite a bit during our last 3 cruises - in my opinion, it's the staff and mix of parents that make it worthwhile. The activities/crafts themselves are kind of lame - but then again it's for kids under three, so have low expectations and don't be disappointed.

3. There is a splash pool. I have NEVER seen a child in that pool that WASN'T wearing swim diapers. Govern yourself accordingly. The water is about 3 inches deep. I'm not interested in debating or arguing about this; I'm just telling it like it is.

4. There's a kids' dining area? (laughs) Actually, it's a place where the chairs are lower, the tables are lower, and the high chairs are plenty. Only on our Jade cruise did I actually see it laid out with any food, though. In my opinion - stay away from the buffet unless you have a really picky eater. Use the MDR and tell them to deliver all of your food at once.

Archived