B2B disembarkation question

Kerry&LuAnn

I just did the Vancouver - Whittier - Vancouver B2B. You will get a new cruise card for week 2 delivered to your stateroom the day before turnaround.

If you don't want to leave the ship you will meet in a designated location. Our meeting time was 9:30 am in Club Fusion. They may have chosen that space because we had a lot of B2B passenger - over 400.

Once they have the security staff in place we exited club fusion on the port side, had my old card scanned to "disembark", took a quick right turn to walk 20 feet to another security person, and had my new card scanned to "embark". Then off you go to enjoy what will be (for at least a few hours) a very quiet ship.

Rather than stand in line at Club Fusion, I just grabbed a seat to read a book, and waited for the line to dwindle to only a few people. Total time was about 30 minutes.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We are doing this B2B on Diamond starting Aug 31. We have a tour booked to go into Anchorage and back. Will we have to go do this first? Or just disembark with our old card and embark with our new card. Did this last year on Holland, and our card was good for the whole trip. Didn't need a new one.

We are doing this B2B on Diamond starting Aug 31. We have a tour booked to go into Anchorage and back. Will we have to go do this first? Or just disembark with our old card and embark with our new card.

In either case below, just disembark with the old card and embark with the new one.

If you are on a Princess tour, you will meet as a designated place and time just like any other Princess shore excursion.

If you are on a private tour, you can disembark anytime after disembarkation is first allowed.

By the way, your cabin steward will probably appreciate it if you let him/her know that your cabin can wait to be serviced until he/she has finished with the cabins for new passengers.

Archived