A Fond Farewell to......

Eglesbrech

There is no doubt that you would have the innate skills to achieve your goals. Just take a few deep breaths, approach the Purser's office with a steely gleam in your eye, identify to the staff member some real or imagined defect in the ship's amenities or services and loudly repeat these 8 key words:-

I am totally dissatisfied and I demand compensation.

Finish the performance with a sneer and I guarantee it will work every time.

This is a skill I must learn. "get compensated" I will print this out and practice this method with my local grocery store, local cafe, and juice bar .

When i feel I mastered it, I am booking my next Transatlantic voyage and use it with success on board!!!!:D

It has happened before apparently yet those passengers who were treated so harshly continue to return again and again. Such stalwarts must have gone through a lot in the past to be able to tolerate such bad manners.

We fought through the depression, the Second World War, and the scourges of the Middle East to ensure that the rights of freedom of expression are maintained, and we will keep on exercising these rights with unwavering determination until the day of the final "crossing".

There is no doubt that you would have the innate skills to achieve your goals. Just take a few deep breaths, approach the Purser's office with a steely gleam in your eye, identify to the staff member some real or imagined defect in the ship's amenities or services and loudly repeat these 8 key words:-

I am totally dissatisfied and I demand compensation.

Finish the performance with a sneer and I guarantee it will work every time.

I've never learned the art of sneering unfortunately....just another thing I'm not good at.

However , like many others on these boards, I'm willing to learn from those who are already expert !

Do you mean, though, by sub-types, the effects that the other preferences may have on the iNtuitive function? I agree that an NF (me) will react very differently from an NT. The NT would be more likely to look at all available data. (Interestingly, the quote above was written by an NT. I wonder if it came out of his frustration with working with NFs!!! Notice that he said MAY, not WILL.) Then if you add in all the other preferences you get even more differences. The N who is also a P (and therefore prefers open-ended) is likely to be more open to new ideas than is the N who is also a J (who likes things to be settled and decided).

As an INFP, my N may be expressed in certain ways and these may be different

from how an ENTJ would use his/her iNtuition.

Then there is also the question of what is the dominant function. For me, Feeling is dominant. The INTJ author I quoted finds iNtuition to be dominant.

The "NT", and particularly the INTJ you mentioned, will observe everything that is going on, or else they would be at risk of not having all the information necessary to make the required decision. Thus, an NT would more likely be a member of the Fashion Police than your INFP.

I really need to get my act together if any OBC ..far less the extra OBC ......is so easy to get at the purser's desk... so they hand it out just for queueing ?

We've obviously missed something here as we've never had any OBC from Cunard ever, but I can do whatever it takes!

This is a skill I must learn. "get compensated" I will print this out and practice this method with my local grocery store, local cafe, and juice bar .

When i feel I mastered it, I am booking my next Transatlantic voyage and use it with success on board!!!!:D

Look, I very much appreciate the enthusiasm that you're both demonstrating, but I have to stress that lodging daily complaints at the Purser's desk and wrangling extra OBC takes years of practice and many, many cruises on Cunard.

These people are professionals; finding fault with everything and then complaining about it to all and sundry is not as easy as it sounds. It takes years of practice and many, many voyages.

I mean, talk about stamina. Even when the voyage is over the responsibilities continue still! Can you imagine how draining it must be to have to write a negative review for every Cunard voyage you go on?

I've never learned the art of sneering unfortunately....just another thing I'm not good at.

However , like many others on these boards, I'm willing to learn from those who are already expert !

I never recommend sneering to my friends - too unflattering and bound to cause damaging and irreversible lines around the mouth.

The "NT", and particularly the INTJ you mentioned, will observe everything that is going on, or else they would be at risk of not having all the information necessary to make the required decision. Thus, an NT would more likely be a member of the Fashion Police than your INFP.

In the playful mood of intuition, I am now looking through the Type description and pulling out parts that would suit the INTJ Fashion Police member.

'Driven by the inner vision of the possibilities' - a ship full of well-dressed people.

'Determined to the point of stubbornness' - the only way to police!

'Stimulated by difficulties' - we will get offenders to room (what's-its-number) by any means it takes.

'Willing to concede that the impossible takes a little longer - but not much' - perhaps by 2014 the dress code can be fully enforced.

'They can get things done, but they will be interested only when the problems involved are complicated enough to be challenging' - Fashion policing is definitely a challenge!

'Even when well-balanced, they have a tendency to ignore the views and feelings of other people' - well someone has to set the fashion standard!

'Whatever their field, they are likely to be innovators.'

Thank you Capnpugwash and Whitemarsh for responding so promptly. :)

Iceman's Mum:

Both Capnpugwash and Whitemarsh are very good at responding promptly' date='[/font']

it is what I first noticed about both of them and appreciated.

I hope you enjoy your sailing.

best regards,

seasidegal

Look, I very much appreciate the enthusiasm that you're both demonstrating, but I have to stress that lodging daily complaints at the Purser's desk and wrangling extra OBC takes years of practice and many, many cruises on Cunard.

These people are professionals; finding fault with everything and then complaining about it to all and sundry is not as easy as it sounds. It takes years of practice and many, many voyages.

I mean, talk about stamina. Even when the voyage is over the responsibilities continue still! Can you imagine how draining it must be to have to write a negative review for every Cunard voyage you go on?

Cruising is only a pastime, not my life's work!

I'd like to see any review I ever wrote about a cruise ( that will be hard work since I have never written any) complaining about not having any OBC or not having EXTRA OBC or complaining about and /or ( delete where appropriate) removing my auto tips or bad mouthing Cunard staff or any cruiseline in general ...because I have never needed to .

It hasn't happened to me so far, but if it did and I felt I wanted to write about it, I reserve the right to do so .

My opinion is only my opinion...like yours is only your opinion.No one else needs to agree with me or with you.That's life!

These people are professionals; finding fault with everything and then complaining about it to all and sundry is not as easy as it sounds. It takes years of practice and many, many voyages. I mean, talk about stamina. Even when the voyage is over the responsibilities continue still! Can you imagine how draining it must be to have to write a negative review for every Cunard voyage you go on?
Ah, but, some manage it. Again and again.

True professional Cunard complainers start their negative reviews before the ship even leaves the quay... More than that, the real experts don’t need the actual voyages, the best negative reviews are written weeks in advance at home. Boarding and sailing is only done to ensure their worst fears are realised (in their view). And if the reality don't fit the pre-written review, ignore the truth. That the rest of us don't recognise their negative descriptions of ship, crew or voyage is irrelevant. Whereas we all enjoy ourselves and have great times on board when we are happy, the only way they know they've enjoyed themselves is if they can have a jolly good moan to whomever will listen/read. To praise the crew, food, service or report that things went well is anathema to them. I strongly suspect, in many cases, the crew know these people and see them boarding. Then avoid them like the plague whenever possible, walking the other way, finding things to do elsewhere, or send the "new guy" forward to look after them.

But you knew all this already, sadly you've also read their "reviews".

But you knew all this already, sadly you've also read their "reviews".

I confess that I have not been a part of this board long enough to be aware of all these negative reviews that people keep talking about. I think I've read more negative posts ABOUT these reviews than I have read actual negative reviews. :p

as I am about to embark on my first Cunard voyage' date=' I am getting rather concerned about the Fashion Police! In all seriousness, I need to ask a question. I have had a melanoma removed from my ankle and, as a consequence, have rather a large 'hole' in my leg. Because of this I cannot currently wear day dresses or cocktail dresses and tend to wear trousers all the time. Is this a problem? Obviously the trousers are smart and the tops I wear are usually 'sparkly'.

Any advice VERY gratefully received.

thank you :)[/quote']

I do know your feeling so well, I had polio when young, so my legs have never looked "great", then I had a couple of accidents, which have let me with "dents" in the shin bones of my legs, so knee length dresses are out.

I wear either caftans/long pants for day . At night I wear floor length dresses, long skirts or long light weight wide leg pants with glitzy tops.

You will fit in fine with your outfits. so do not stress yourself out.

I will be on the July 27 -Aug 15 B2B2B , which cruise are you doing?

Best wishes

Lynn.

Iceman's Mum:

Both Capnpugwash and Whitemarsh are very good at responding promptly,

best regards,

seasidegal

Maybe they just have time to kill.

David

Who are these people, where are their negative posts. I think it is time we were told.

David

In the playful mood of intuition, I am now looking through the Type description and pulling out parts that would suit the INTJ Fashion Police member.

'Driven by the inner vision of the possibilities' - a ship full of well-dressed people.

'Determined to the point of stubbornness' - the only way to police!

'Stimulated by difficulties' - we will get offenders to room (what's-its-number) by any means it takes.

'Willing to concede that the impossible takes a little longer - but not much' - perhaps by 2014 the dress code can be fully enforced.

'They can get things done, but they will be interested only when the problems involved are complicated enough to be challenging' - Fashion policing is definitely a challenge!

'Even when well-balanced, they have a tendency to ignore the views and feelings of other people' - well someone has to set the fashion standard!

'Whatever their field, they are likely to be innovators.'

This fairly well sums up the FP creed. (NB the term "impossible" is alien to the FP lexicon.)

Time passes so slowly sitting in prison.

If only! Our problem is that the miscreant is let out of the Shady Pines Correctional Facility on temporary leave far too often for his/her/its own good.

I am reserving my position on a possibility arising from Pepper's post - i.e. that the miscreant may in fact never leave the Correctional Facility but what we see is merely the result of a vivid imagination.

...I am reserving my position on a possibility arising from Pepper's post - i.e. that the miscreant may in fact never leave the Correctional Facility but what we see is merely the result of a vivid imagination.

Erwin Schroedinger would be proud of you! Is Sir M involved I wonder. :cool:

J

Erwin Schroedinger would be proud of you! Is Sir M involved I wonder. :cool:

J

Exactly. Here we have possible proof that the "cat state" really does exist in quantum mechanics (i.e. that the miscreant author is both in the correctional facility and on the QM2 at the same time).

I am sure that Sir M must be involved in some way, since he is the only other creature to have demonstrated the existence of the said "cat-state" (being both dead and alive simultaneously).

Louise

Originally Posted by seasidegal
viewpost.gif

Iceman's Mum:

Both Capnpugwash and Whitemarsh are very good at responding promptly,

best regards,

seasidegal

Maybe they just have time to kill. David

Such a shame to 'kill' time when it goes fast enough on it's own. :(;)

I think most people who provide help on a forum are giving of their time, and whether they view this as a 'killing' I do not know, but I'm thankful for the time they do put in to answering questions and sharing their wealth of information. That information has made our trips so much more enjoyable.

Time passes so slowly sitting in prison.

:D any chance of getting out for good behaviour ;)

best regards,

seasidegal

Thank you for that clip. I haven't heard that song for years, but it's one that I've remembered.

There's a remake currently screening in Australia called 'Wentworth'. It's very good and takes us back past where the original series started so that we get the back stories of Vera, Governor Davidson and Bea Smith.

Archived