RCCL -One huge let down

Upon arrival to Hawaii at the port there was no porters to handle our luggage.

We had to carry all our bags up an escalator to security and lift 50 lb plus bags onto X-ray belt , then carry to our rooms. Departure was just as painful. Got off ship at 8:15 , waited 20 minutes to get to bag area , sat on bus for one hour and was told that it could'nt leave until full. We had an eleven 11 am flight. We ended up taking a taxi to airport and just made flight as doors were closing.

I wrote to Royal Caribbean and waited 3 weeks for an answer and all I got was we were to be told that our bags should be left in front (unguarded) downstairs

and someone was to have picked it up. This never was told to us:(

I am an avid cruiser and have never experienced that before with any cruise line that we have taken.

We were very disappointed With RCCL and there response. Our future cruises will be with other companies that know how to treat their customers

Hard to believe there were no porters around to help you. Did you try to get help from someone at the port? What time did you get there? The porters don't work for RCCL so boycotting RCCL will not solve your problem.

Upon arrival to Hawaii at the port there was no porters to handle our luggage.

We had to carry all our bags up an escalator to security and lift 50 lb plus bags onto X-ray belt , then carry to our rooms. Departure was just as painful. Got off ship at 8:15 , waited 20 minutes to get to bag area , sat on bus for one hour and was told that it could'nt leave until full. We had an eleven 11 am flight. We ended up taking a taxi to airport and just made flight as doors were closing.

I wrote to Royal Caribbean and waited 3 weeks for an answer and all I got was we were to be told that our bags should be left in front (unguarded) downstairs

and someone was to have picked it up. This never was told to us:(

I am an avid cruiser and have never experienced that before with any cruise line that we have taken.

We were very disappointed With RCCL and there response. Our future cruises will be with other companies that know how to treat their customers

Could you be a little more specific?

What ship?

What dates?

Which itinerary?

How was the cruise?

Where were you SUPPOSED to leave your luggage?

Why didn't you?

11 a.m. is NEVER recommended by the cruise line for a flight departure. They recommend noon or after.

What ship?

What dates?

Which itinerary?

How was the cruise?

Why didn't you?

11 a.m. is NEVER recommended by the cruise line for a flight departure. They recommend noon or after.

I was going to post the same thing. The whole post has me a bit confused:confused:

WRT to the porter situation:

blame the TERMINAL.. not the cruise line. did you arrive too late to have them transfer the luggage to the baggage handlers for the cruise line? you would NOT have had to schlep it yourself otherwise.

same with disembarking: the instructions are clearly stated on your final night's paperwork.. if you selected self disembark, then it was your responsibility to schlep everything off by hand with no assistance. as for leaving it outside your stateroom the night before..w hat do you not have a lock on any of the bags?!

20 minutes to get through Customs.. actually.. pretty darn quick especially for larger ships.

as for waiting until a bus is full.. umm, that is standard in every single possible variation of this. Disney, airport shuttles, etc and so on. unless you literally have never traveled outside of your home town before, that is common knowledge.

I guess I do not see where you have any legitimate reason to blame Royal for any of this, all of which could have easily been avoided by some simple research by yourself ahead of time.

Like. Another one post wonder...Oh wait..he has three...

What ship?

What dates?

Which itinerary?

How was the cruise?

Why didn't you?

I would like to hear more about the cruise. Were there any other issues? cabin, staff, ports, etc..

I have never had to haul heavy luggage up escalators usually they are taken by the porters. Were you given a reason for the lack of assistance?

I am sorry you feel that RC is not what you expected, I hope your actual cruise was great:)

I will validate the first part about having to lug your suitcases down the pier a couple hundred yards and put them into the scanners yourself in HNL @ Aloha Tower. There was an open doorway where they pulled a scanner up tithe opening.

There were porters there but not many considering the # of passengers and honestly none offered their services (I was lugging 3 large suitcases, 2 carryon's and my backpack)...

The next time we saw them was inside our stateroom :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will validate the first part about having to lug your suitcases down the pier a couple hundred yards and put them into the scanners yourself in HNL @ Aloha Tower. There was an open doorway where they pulled a scanner up tithe opening.

There were porters there but not many considering the # of passengers and honestly none offered their services (I was lugging 3 large suitcases, 2 carryon's and my backpack)...

The next time we saw them was inside our stateroom :)

Does anyone travel with suitcases that are not on wheels these days? So aren't we talking about WHEELING suitcases and then having to lift only?

Does anyone travel with suitcases that are not on wheels these days? So aren't we talking about WHEELING suitcases and then having to lift only?

Sorry Merion_Mom - for some reason, I'm not buying into this story much. A fabulous Hawaiian cruise ruined because of having to transport their own luggage, and other things that don't quite add up? Nah. :rolleyes:

How odd to be a registered member for 10 years and only ever post this year, and only three times (the other two were trying to get people to join a private tour this fall). :confused:

Anyway--it does sound to me like the issues were with the particular terminal that you were sailing out of. Some locations are GREAT and others, not so much. And the wait time for customs is going to be controlled by the US government.

The cruise lines have very little control over such things.

Nor can I imagine that my vacation would be significantly impacted by such a minor issue.

Missing a flight would be the only thing that would not be minor, IMO--BUT I would have planned a later flight in the first place, and would have also planned on a taxi if I were flying even as early as noon. I don't take chances with flights.

Try wheeling 3 28" suitcases, 2 roller carryon's through about 500 people doing the same and let me know how it works out for ya ;)

Try wheeling 3 28" suitcases, 2 roller carryon's through about 500 people doing the same and let me know how it works out for ya ;)

What were YOU doing with 5 suitcases?!?!?!? ;)

LOL! Similar experience, and for various reasons DH handled most of it without my assistance. Gotta love those big strong men. :)

Archived