RCCL -One huge let down

When leaving the state at Honolulu Airport you have to put your checked bags on a conveyor to be scanned for agricultural inspection. A bit of a pain but it is down low so you really just push the bag on.

If I remember correctly, you have to do the same thing in San Juan.

Could you be a little more specific?

What ship?

What dates?

Which itinerary?

How was the cruise?

Where were you SUPPOSED to leave your luggage?

Why didn't you?

11 a.m. is NEVER recommended by the cruise line for a flight departure. They recommend noon or after.

Actually, RCCL does permit/recommend flights earlier than noon in some ports. Barcelona is anytime after 1030am, Vancouver 1130am etc

Try wheeling 3 28" suitcases, 2 roller carryon's through about 500 people doing the same and let me know how it works out for ya ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pack light do we.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You don't know where that person was cruising, or maybe they tacked on a land vacation pre-or post-cruise. We went to Europe for 3 weeks and had pretty much the same amount of luggage as stated. :)

We usually take 2-3 week vacations and have about that or a little less for FOUR people (two teens larger than I am). You can do laundry in Europe ;)

Of course, we have had vacations where we take that much (mostly going back and forth to the states where we can purchase things for bargain prices), but then we don't decide we hate the city we are visiting because we had to lug all the things we decided to bring with us through a crowd at the airport.

What were YOU doing with 5 suitcases?!?!?!? ;)

Group of 10

6 were seniors

1 with a prosthetic leg

1 in a wheelchair

1 with a cane

3 of us were the mules

We usually take 2-3 week vacations and have about that or a little less for FOUR people (two teens larger than I am). You can do laundry in Europe ;)

Of course, we have had vacations where we take that much (mostly going back and forth to the states where we can purchase things for bargain prices), but then we don't decide we hate the city we are visiting because we had to lug all the things we decided to bring with us through a crowd at the airport.

On our first big vacation as a couple and before airlines charged for luggage we packed to the max! Two large suitcases each, carryons and 1 set of golf clubs. You would think we were leaving for a cross country 3 month excursion and not 10 days changing hotels every other day. :eek: I grew to hate luggage.

On our first big vacation as a couple and before airlines charged for luggage we packed to the max! Two large suitcases each, carryons and 1 set of golf clubs. You would think we were leaving for a cross country 3 month excursion and not 10 days changing hotels every other day. :eek: I grew to hate luggage.

LOl and you are STILL a couple--that, folks, is true love :p

Strangely, this OP says this would be his last cruise with RCCL. Yet, if you read his other two posts, they are promoting tours scheduled for his next cruise...... yes, on Royal Caribbean!

I thought those were for Princess. I'll have to look again :confused:

Strangely, this OP says this would be his last cruise with RCCL. Yet, if you read his other two posts, they are promoting tours scheduled for his next cruise...... yes, on Royal Caribbean!

I just looked again. OP is sailing on the Royal Princess--you probably just saw the "Royal" part and assumed RCI.

I think people just enjoy pot stirring. But I will say, on our honeymoon my husband and I had 3 suitcases I think, one of which was filled with SHOES... and mostly his!! He took 12 pairs of shoes. BTW, we did a RC cruise out of Hawaii. It was fab.

Sorry Merion_Mom - for some reason, I'm not buying into this story much. A fabulous Hawaiian cruise ruined because of having to transport their own luggage, and other things that don't quite add up? Nah. :rolleyes:

Wow how to make people welcome !!:rolleyes:

Try wheeling 3 28" suitcases, 2 roller carryon's through about 500 people doing the same and let me know how it works out for ya ;)

I needed to do this sometimes because my wife's strength wasn't good enough to manage her own bags. Actually I keep bungee cords in my luggage when I need to "Mother Duck" my suitcases together. I've done as many as two large suite cases and a roller board. Once you get them aligned and go fairly straight, works just fine.

I find the other 499 flailing people tend to get out of the way when they see the suitcase train coming through. Also minimize turns and make them wide when you do.

Remember to Adapt, Overcome and Prevail. That way you wont sound like a victim.

Bob

Wow how to make people welcome !!:rolleyes:

The chance you take when you come to CC and say your cruise was a total let down based on carrying suitcases to and from the ship. People want to know what happened in between.

All I can say, is that I've been to a alot of places, with alot of luggage, and have found that if you wave money in the air, someone will come to carry it for you.:D

As for waiting until buses/shuttles are full before you get to leave, that's pretty standard. That's how the shuttles make $$. They lose out if they are driving around burning gas with 4 people in a 60 pass. shuttle. That's why I take cabs, they go where I say, when I say.;)

Again, wave money, it works!!!:eek:

I needed to do this sometimes because my wife's strength wasn't good enough to manage her own bags. Actually I keep bungee cords in my luggage when I need to "Mother Duck" my suitcases together. I've done as many as two large suite cases and a roller board. Once you get them aligned and go fairly straight, works just fine.

I find the other 499 flailing people tend to get out of the way when they see the suitcase train coming through. Also minimize turns and make them wide when you do.

Remember to Adapt, Overcome and Prevail. That way you wont sound like a victim.

Bob

So you just tie them together with the bungee cords? Do you have pics? This sounds like a good idea!

Archived