Seattle Mariott Waterfront

WVBill

GREAT!

I can't say enough positve things about this hotel if you have a cruise that leaves from Pier 66.

Your ship will be docked literally right across the street (Alaska Way) from the hotel.

On the morning of the cruise I called the front desk at 10:00 and they sent a bell man up for our (Me, Wife and adult Daughter) 4 large suit cases. I asked if he could suggest a way to get our luggage over to the pier and he said: "I can do that for you, you just need to accompany me to check them in." No problem. Less than 10 minutes later the luggage was checked in with the curbside porter. He earned a good tip.

On return, the dockside porter in luggage claim asked if we needed help. I asked if he could suggest a way to get our luggage over to the Mariott and he said: "I can do that for you." and less than 10 minutes later we were in the lobby of the Mariott without lifting one suitcase. He too earned a good tip.

The Mariott waterfront is ideally located for a Pike Place Market visit. right next to the hotel is an elevator that goes up to the level of the Market, making it an easy walk.

Across the street from the Mariott is Anthony's Seafood. We ate there Sunday night after we got back. The BEST Salmon dinner we had all week!

We ate dinner at the restrurant in the Space Needle the Saturday night we arrived. VERY Pricey. (which I knew beforehand).

Thanks for this information. We stayed at the Seattle Marriott Waterfront last year before our cruise but carried our own bags across ourselves. We are staying again this year in July but my husband has had two knee surgeries since the first of the year and has mobility issues and we will use a wheelchair to get him across to the cruise terminal. I told my husband that I thought a bell hop or the hotel could get our bags across for us. It will be worth a good tip to have the assistance. :)

We're at the Marriott in August for our cruise on the Solstice.

Early info indicated she would sail out of Pier 66 but that's not the case.

The Solstice is out of Pier 99.

Still looking forward to the hotel the night before our cruise.

Not sure how we'll get from the hotel to the pier yet. I'm sure the hotel will have ideas.

We're at the Marriott in August for our cruise on the Solstice.

Early info indicated she would sail out of Pier 66 but that's not the case.

The Solstice is out of Pier 99.

Still looking forward to the hotel the night before our cruise.

Not sure how we'll get from the hotel to the pier yet. I'm sure the hotel will have ideas.

I also stayed at the Marriott 2 years ago and we sailed on RCL. The hotel recommended a shuttle service. There were several people heading out to the Princess/RCL cruise ships. There were 3 couples in our van. Very easy and convenient.

You're less than 5 miles from pier 91 .... a cab will cost about $15-$20. With a shuttle you pay pp.

Don't be a in a rush to board the ship! Early morning is the perfect time to visit Pike Place Market .... crowds get unbearable by noon. Maybe grab a fresh bouquet of flowers for your cabin, visit the original Starbucks, grab some fresh bakery items or have b'fast at the Athenian or Lowells.

Hi - we are debating between Marriott Waterfront or the Renaissance. We have two nites pre-cruise and want to do some sightseeing. Getting to the pier will not be an issue as we will just plan on getting a taxi. Any recommendations based on your experiences? Thanks.

Hi - we are debating between Marriott Waterfront or the Renaissance. We have two nites pre-cruise and want to do some sightseeing. Getting to the pier will not be an issue as we will just plan on getting a taxi. Any recommendations based on your experiences? Thanks.
The Renaissance is at the top of one of the steepest hills in downtown Seattle, facing a freeway. You are around 1/2 mile by the crow (and probably 10 stories by elevation) from the Pike Place Market, for example. There are very few restaurants within a couple of blocks of the hotel.

The Marriott is across the street from Puget Sound, with an elevator next door that will take you up to within a block of the Pike Place Market.

Pick 'em.

We are also staying at the Waterfront Marriott the night before our cruise. We love seafood and may have to check out Anthony's. I have been trying to do some searches about a good place to eat. Can you tell me what type of atmosphere/attire it has?

We are also staying at the Waterfront Marriott the night before our cruise. We love seafood and may have to check out Anthony's. I have been trying to do some searches about a good place to eat. Can you tell me what type of atmosphere/attire it has?
There are two restaurants next to Pier 66. Anthony's is a bit more up-market, pricier. The Bell Street Diner (downstairs, Anthony's is up) is more casual and less expensive. Both are excellent. Same company.

Restaurant attire in Seattle is casual regardless (virtually) of where you go.

http://www.anthonys.com/restaurants/detail/anthonys-pier-66

http://www.anthonys.com/restaurants/detail/anthonys-bell-street-diner/

Does anyone know what pier Norweigan goes out of? Also, does anyone know anything about the Edgewater Hotel? How close is it to the Marriott and Pikes Market?

Looks like all of Norwegian's 2013 cruises use Pier 66.

If you'll scroll down a little, you'll see a good recent discussion on the Edgewater, and how it compares to the Waterfront Marriott. It's very close to the Marriott and Pier 66, and just down the bluff from Pike Place Market.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=61366

GREAT!

I can't say enough positve things about this hotel if you have a cruise that leaves from Pier 66.

Your ship will be docked literally right across the street (Alaska Way) from the hotel.

On the morning of the cruise I called the front desk at 10:00 and they sent a bell man up for our (Me, Wife and adult Daughter) 4 large suit cases. I asked if he could suggest a way to get our luggage over to the pier and he said: "I can do that for you, you just need to accompany me to check them in." No problem. Less than 10 minutes later the luggage was checked in with the curbside porter. He earned a good tip.

On return, the dockside porter in luggage claim asked if we needed help. I asked if he could suggest a way to get our luggage over to the Mariott and he said: "I can do that for you." and less than 10 minutes later we were in the lobby of the Mariott without lifting one suitcase. He too earned a good tip.

The Mariott waterfront is ideally located for a Pike Place Market visit. right next to the hotel is an elevator that goes up to the level of the Market, making it an easy walk.

Across the street from the Mariott is Anthony's Seafood. We ate there Sunday night after we got back. The BEST Salmon dinner we had all week!

We ate dinner at the restrurant in the Space Needle the Saturday night we arrived. VERY Pricey. (which I knew beforehand).

Looks like Anthony's would be a nice place to have our pre-cruise dinner on Friday eve. Thanks for the heads up. By the way I noticed your wings on your profile picture...do you mind if I ask what you fly? And Thank You for your service!

Looks like Anthony's would be a nice place to have our pre-cruise dinner on Friday eve. Thanks for the heads up. By the way I noticed your wings on your profile picture...do you mind if I ask what you fly? And Thank You for your service!

Thanks, luvSClake

I don't fly any more but when I was in the Navy, I flew in the EKA-3B (known as "the whale" because it was the largest jet-powered carrier-based plane at the time) and in the EA-6B. The picture in my signature block is an EKA-3B landing on the USS Midway.

• 1 month later...
Thanks, luvSClake

I don't fly any more but when I was in the Navy, I flew in the EKA-3B (known as "the whale" because it was the largest jet-powered carrier-based plane at the time) and in the EA-6B. The picture my signature block is an EKA-3B landing on the USS Midway.

First of all Thank you for your Service. I have made dinner reservations for us at Anthony's for Friday eve before our cruise and really looking forwarded to it. My husband is a retired Master Chief and flew on EP-3s out of Guam, "back in the day" :) Had a few friends that flew on the whale. The Midway was home ported in Japan when I was stationed in Atsugi.

Service thanks back at ya. Midway went to Atsugi shortly after I cruised on her in '72-73. She is now retired and is a floating museum docked in San Diego harbor. I'll be visiting her after my Princess 4 day California getaway cruise next month.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

If you're sailing out of Pier 91 the Marriott Waterfront offered a shuttle for $7 per person. It was great and had us at the pier quickly. You have to sign up when you check in.

We were the only 5 people so we had a private van for $35.

The hotel was nice and in a great location.

Archived