luggage storage question on Carnival Dream

breaking80

Hey guys! Just a week and a couple days till we are cruising on the Dream out of Port Canaveral. This will be our first time, and I wanted to ask about storage space inside the cabins. Are there places to unpack and put away our clothes? Will there be room to stow our duffle bags (all will compress pretty nicely), no hardcases.

Any tips would be appreciated!

John

Most people store suitcases under the beds. There is plenty of closet space, though hangers can be in short supply. If you are driving and have space, its good to bring a few of your own. Some times your cabin steward can find some metal hangers people left behind. We had one surly guy who gave us a problem once... and we only had 4 hangers for 2 women. Usually at least 10 or 12 hangers though.

Hey guys! Just a week and a couple days till we are cruising on the Dream out of Port Canaveral. This will be our first time, and I wanted to ask about storage space inside the cabins. Are there places to unpack and put away our clothes? Will there be room to stow our duffle bags (all will compress pretty nicely), no hardcases.

Any tips would be appreciated!

John

More than enough room to put things away. And luggage can stow neatly out of sight under the bed.

Most people store suitcases under the beds. There is plenty of closet space, though hangers can be in short supply. If you are driving and have space, its good to bring a few of your own. Some times your cabin steward can find some metal hangers people left behind. We had one surly guy who gave us a problem once... and we only had 4 hangers for 2 women. Usually at least 10 or 12 hangers though.

I bring my own plastic hangers. Those provided are a pain with the metal attachment.

There are 3 closets, one has shelves, that's where I put all my folded cloths. The suitcases (even large ones) fit under the bed. There are 4 drawers in the dressing table, the top one has the hair dryer which is fine for most people, but women with long or very thick hair might want to bring their own. The other 3 drawers are about 6" deep and more than adequate for undies and stuff.

There are shelves in the bathroom that are more than adequate for everything needed in there. Also there is a cloths line in the shower to hang wet bathing suits from.

I agree... Under the bed! We always get a 4 person room. So... Organization is key! We also take a few plastic over the door hooks to hang wet suits, sweaters or whatever. They are lightweight and cheap. We take a bunch of these! OXO makes a nice suction style hook that I also bought for our last cruise on the Breeze a few weeks ago. These are nice to add extra hanging in the bathroom. You can get these at Target. Comes with a matching toothbrush holder with suction hanging action too which we also used. Nice to have you toothbrush up off the vanity!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

No need to bring any hangars. We double or triple up our clothes on the hangars.

Archived