Is it allowed to take out drinks from the Diamond Lounge?

I`ll be Diamond member on my next cruise, on my last cruise (Mariner Barcelona-Dubai) I saw people bringing their glasses of wine from the Diamond lounge to the restaurant. Is that allowed on all RCL ships?

No, it's usually against the rules to take drinks out of the Concierge or Diamond lounges. Most times I see a sign to this effect in the lounge.

I`ll be Diamond member on my next cruise, on my last cruise (Mariner Barcelona-Dubai) I saw people bringing their glasses of wine from the Diamond lounge to the restaurant. Is that allowed on all RCL ships?

As Bob said, it isn't allowed. There will be a letter in your cabin telling you about the Concierge Lounge or Diamond Club and will state you cannot take drinks out of the club. However, there are some ships where it happens;)

Do they serve drinks in any Diamond Lounge? I've only been on one ship with a DL, the drinks were served in the night clubs. On the Allure we took our drinks out of the club. We didn't get one for the road, but if it was time to go our drinks went with us.

On the Explorer (19th hole substituted for DL) beer and wine were free, but drinks were only 25% off. We never hesitated to take our drinks to dinner with us.

I always hesitate in using 'all' to describe policies and practices for RCCL ships. Just our experience.

Welcome to Diamond. Enjoy your cruise.

Do they serve drinks in any Diamond Lounge? I've only been on one ship with a DL, the drinks were served in the night clubs. On the Allure we took our drinks out of the club. We didn't get one for the road, but if it was time to go our drinks went with us.

On the Explorer (19th hole substituted for DL) beer and wine were free, but drinks were only 25% off. We never hesitated to take our drinks to dinner with us.

I always hesitate in using 'all' to describe policies and practices for RCCL ships. Just our experience.

Welcome to Diamond. Enjoy your cruise.

Yes, any ship with a dedicated Diamond Lounge serves complimentary cocktails during the nightly cocktail hour.

The recent thinking has been you can take your unfinished drink with you when you leave lounge for dinner as they will just throw it away anyway.

This happened to me once but I asked on the way out if it was okay

it is really not allowed but it is done. I can't see anyone stopping you. It is something I won't do.

As you and others say, sometimes the concierge allows it.

But I absolutely HAVE seen a concierge stop a passenger from walking out with a drink. And not on just one ship.

As you and others say, sometimes the concierge allows it.

But I absolutely HAVE seen a concierge stop a passenger from walking out with a drink. And not on just one ship.

I have seen the same concierge stop people on one cruise and the same concierge not care on the next. I often wonder if it has to do with who their boss is.

I have seen the same concierge stop people on one cruise and the same concierge not care on the next. I often wonder if it has to do with who their boss is.
And/or how closely the boss is watching them. I remember once on Radiance (Diamond Event) if one certain person was standing outside the entrance the rules were followed quite closely, if he wasn't there, not so much.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Did you actually see them leave the Diamond Lounge with glass of wine? Or are you assuming that is where they came from? I see lots of folks carry wine from their cabins into the dining room.

That having been said, we always ask if it's okay and have been told everything from "I'm not looking, I'm busy over here." to "Let me fill your glass before you leave." to "Sure, no one knows where you got it from." We have yet to be told no on any Royal ship.

During my last cruise, I was in the Concierge Lounge and the server was offering to refill my glass of wine. I declined saying that I would be leaving soon and I wouldn't be allowed to take it with me. He smiled, filled up my glass, and told me that it was okay to take it with me when I left.

We just were on the EOTS (June 21-24). We took drinks from the CL every night on our way to dinner. The wait staff in CL encouraged it and no one else said a thing.

Frank

I would say 90% of the time we take our unfinished drink with us when we leave. We have never had anyone tell us we cannot take it with us. Like many have said, they fill it up and tell you to take it along with you. So I think totally depends on who is in charge and probably some other factors as well.

Ever since we became Diamond we have always been allowed to take our glass of wine out of the Diamond Lounge.

On two cruises we were in a suite and had access to the CL and were also encouraged to take our wine with us when we left to go to dinner.

No, it's usually against the rules to take drinks out of the Concierge or Diamond lounges. Most times I see a sign to this effect in the lounge.

We were on a B2B on the Navigator this past December and the first week we were not allowed to bring any drinks out of the Diamond Lounge.

The second week the officer standing at the door did allow us to carry one glass of wine out of the diamond lounge to the main dining room.

So I guess each ship's officers makes their own judgment calls on whether they should or should not allow drinks to be carried out of the diamond lounge.

Official policy is no, but it really depends on the ship, the mood of the concierge, if the moon is full. . .etc. :D We've seen people stopped as they carried drinks out the door, we've been encourage to carry drinks outside the door, and we've been given paper cups to carry drinks outside the door. On a B2B, the first leg we were encouraged to take our wine, even had the glasses topped off before leaving. The second leg, an officer was stopping everyone if they went out with a drink. So I guess the correct answer is maybe, maybe not!:D

Sherri:)

People, when are you going to understand.....some rules in writing mean nothing to Royal.

Many are not followed. Be it in writing, on the website, in signs.......etc.

You may or may not be allowed to take your drink out with you. Reality is, you will not know until you get on board and ask.

Yes, on the Mariner people came with their full glasses of wine from the Diamond lounge and they told us that it was permitted
I agree with Kurmainze & I was on the Barcelona to Dubai leg. There were a large amount of C & A folks onboard and both the DL & CL were relocated with only entertainment staff checking your Sea Pass a the entrances (sometimes;)). I saw many folks leaving the CL & DL with drinks! No one said a thing!

So the OP asks, "Is it allowed?"

Are you asking, "Does it happen?" Apparently, yes.

"Does the ship's policy say it should not be done?" Apparently, yes.

"Should I do it?" Up to you!

My DH often says, "It is better to ask forgiveness than permission."

If you want to do it, try it and see what happens. If someone stops you, you have your answer. If no one stops you, you have your answer.

Perhaps none of us should ever ask, "Is it O.K. to..." on these boards.

Perhaps we should do what we like until someone stops us. It's not like there are penalties for breaking these sorts of "rules"...

Seriously, why do we care what the "rules" are, anyway? They are corporate policies, with no enforceability, in most cases. I doubt that the master will throw your @$$ off the ship if you carry a drink out of the lounge. It's not like it's a safety hazard, or anything...

Mostly a policy to induce you to buy a drink later on rather than carry a free one around the ship.

JMHO

We've been on Enchantment who knows how many times. Allure, Oasis, EOTS, NOTS, Grandeur, Jewel, Brilliance. Every ship we took a glass of wine with us. But we also tip each night. It's amazing the effect a few dollars has.

Archived