Is it allowed to take out drinks from the Diamond Lounge?

Hey it's my cruise, I paid for it, I can do as I like. I am the entitled generation.

There are rules in the DL & CL why don't we follow them.:)

Go ahead and flame me, it's just that if you stop and think about it you know the answer to your own question.

If they are not enforced then they are not rules! Years ago all the CL would have paper to go cups by the exit and the Concierge would just ask that you pour drink in them.

If they are not enforced then they are not rules!

Please, help us all out and end the jeans in the MDR discussion, seat saving by the pool, kids in the solarium..etc.. and drop that knowledge over on those threads please!! :cool:

Maybe we should make a list of Royals rules that are not enforced so we all know they are not rules. :eek:

I thought Navigator did not have a DL??:confused:

It wasn't a Diamond Lounge in the true sense of the word but it was held in Ixtapa "Lounge" so this is why I used the phase "diamond lounge."

Once again I am apologizing for misleading everyone.

There may be a small grey area here? On ships without DLs there is not supposed to be free liquor, but a 25% discount. I've never been stopped, but if I PAID for a drink I would expect to carry it out when the time comes to leave.

On the Explorer there is no DL, you use the 19th hole 5-8pm. There is no concierge only bar staff. They never asked when filling your wine glass if you intend to leave, and I can't imagine them stopping you if you tried to leave with any adult beverage.

Normally I'm a follow the rules guy. But for some reason I have no problem breaking this 'rule'. :eek: My mind tells me, "Don't waste alcohol"! :cool:

Enjoy your future cruises!

I have not been in Diamond Lounge, but in Concierge lounge havent had a problem. Now, the two times I did that we were on TA cruises and the Lounge was moved up to the Viking Crown, and it was still over-crowded. That might have made a difference in letting people walk out with a glass in their hand.

Please, help us all out and end the jeans in the MDR discussion, seat saving by the pool, kids in the solarium..etc.. and drop that knowledge over on those threads please!! :cool:

Maybe we should make a list of Royals rules that are not enforced so we all know they are not rules. :eek:

Exactly DebDe!;)

if you're in the class of passenger that provides 75% of the profit to the line you can pretty much do as you please.

there's no hall monitor stopping you

sorry

just a fact of life

Still no excuse. We book suites and we obey the "rules." The fact one is fortunate enough to -- and elects to -- spend more money for a cabin than another passenger doesn't give him/her license to be a boor. Nor should it.

Understand that it may happen but IMO it's still wrong. (Now, if RCCL elects to bend their rules -- i.e., the concierge or DL host encourages you to take your drink with you -- another story.)

Rarely do they say anything about bringing drinks to the dining room if you have not finished your drink. Freedom of the sea is the only diamond lounge that has many issues and the worst although I love the lounge itself and always meet great people

Our last 2 cruises have been with our little boy when he was 6 months and 14 months. As he would be going to bed early evening we couldn't really use the CL for the evening drinks unless we played tag team. After a couple of nights and mentioning why we did this very quietly they arranged for 2 of the large coffee cups to be filled with wine each evening so I could take them back to our room and we could have a glass on the balcony once he was asleep.

We were happy, the guys in the CL had a nice tip and no one else was any the wiser.

We are going in September and if the same arrangement can be made great, if not, I'll put it down to being lucky on the last couple of cruises.

Mark

DH and I had the same situation on our last cruise. DH discretely spoke to the concierge and asked if he could bring a glass of wine to me in the suite (since we couldn't bring our 15 month old to the lounge) and he kindly allowed 2 glasses of wine to leave the lounge each evening so we could enjoy a glass together while all 3 of us got ready for dinner each night. No big deal

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived