Norfolk, VA

cheric

Last year some on our cruise stayed overnight in Norfolk and were provided with transportation, breakfast and a welcoming party the night before. Anyone done that and, if so, where was it. Instead of driving down from Maryland the day of the cruise we thought we'd go the night before. it seems to me it was cheaper than the $110.00 parking we paid. Thanks for any help.

We had that but we were with a group of 160 people. It was at the Merriot. There are some drive and cruise packages available check these out. They cost around $129-149. Usuall include hotel, wine, and park with a shuttle to the pier. Some also have a continetal (sp) breakfast.

I'm having trouble finding accomodations near the pier. Actually having trouble finding information on the general area of the pier. Thinking of driving, overnighting and parking for the cruise. Any suggestions?

Last year we stayed at the Holiday Inn Select. I highly recommend this location. It's a relatively new hotel and not your average Holiday Inn. They provided free parking for the 10 night cruise. Free shuttle service to and from the pier. It's a nice safe place to leave your car if driving. I think I paid something like $123 per night. They had a indoor pool, hot tub, and a nice lounge if you are going to meet up with some cruise board friends like we did. I give this place 2 thumbs up!!! One of the nice things they did for our small group is the shuttle driver took us to a restuarant we had made reservations for and then picked us up afterwards. They will do this if it's within a certain radius of the hotel. I'd stay there again for sure.

Archived