$$$$$$$$$

first timerZ11

Depends on what you drink. I generally drink beer on a cruise (scotch at home but that's a whole other rabbit hole) and most beer can be had for around $6 on Carnival or NCL which I'm assuming by virtue of a 3 day cruise. Domestics can probably be had for less than that. $250 would buy closer to 40 beer. But yes cocktails and mixed drinks the money would run out sooner.

Only you know you liver and can determine if its enough. It would be enough for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are cruising on RCCL, they offer beverage packages which you might be interested in, I think there is one that is $55/ day - someone else would know more or you can look on their website. I'm assuming you're over 21 - do not drink so much that you end up laying in your cabin all day and missing all the activities. :(

Royal Caribbean Beverage Packages

Royal Caribbean offers beverage packages to passengers as a way to pre-purchase their drinks onboard the ship. This offers a convenient way to get the drinks you want while sailing aboard Royal Caribbean's ships.

All-Inclusive Beverage Packages

royal-caribbean-wine.jpgClassic Beverage Package

Cost: $45 per guest, per day (includes service charge)

Package includes:

• beer
  • house wines by the glass
  • all non-alcoholic cocktails
  • fountain soda
  • juices

Premium Beverage Package

Cost: $55 per guest, per day (includes service charge)

Package includes:

• beer
  • frozen drinks
  • all cocktails including premium brands
  • house wines by the glass
  • all non-alcoholic cocktails
  • fountain soda
  • juices

I'm no teetotaler (I did my part to keep the brewers and distillers stock prices high when I was younger;) ) but the thought of just going on a cruise to drink holds no appeal to me whatsoever. But to each his own I guess, this coming from somebody who is thinking of spending $1300 for a camera lens.:eek: (I really need cheaper hobbies...photography and travel bad mix :D )

I presume you realize that your drinks aboard ship will be charged to your shipboard key card, that you don't pay cash for them.

As others have mentioned, include the obligatory 15% gratuity that will be added to each drink price.

Also be sure you budget in your daily service charge when you're figuring your budget.

Thank you all for the help . I leave a day after my 21st birthday so thats've why I want to drink alot..dont get me wrong im not planning on.gettin so wasted that I wont remenber im a beer guy so I will always like to have a beer thru out thr cruise. Were paying the gratitudes upfront . My budget is 250 just on alchohol nothing else..

If just drinking beer, go with the classic beverage package, that is $45/day or $135 for the total cruise - I'm not sure what brands of beer are covered, maybe someone else can chime in here...It also includes fountain soda and juice for when you need to rehydrate...You say you don't plan to drink to excess, that's good, because you know the ship can and WILL put you off in the Bahamas if you are too drunk, abusive to others, destructive, etc...

Archived