mosquitos

sandemac

We were in Bavaria 6-7 to 6-22. We didn't find them near the rivers per se, but we did some hiking in the countryside and encountered them there. Not enough to call it bad, but enough to make their presence known. Repellant isn't a bad idea if you're going off the beaten path.

I was concerned with the possibility of having mosquitoes on our last trip, so I went to REI and purchased repellent wipes. They were very easy to pack, never needed them, but will have them for other occasions if needed.

I was concerned with the possibility of having mosquitoes on our last trip, so I went to REI and purchased repellent wipes. They were very easy to pack, never needed them, but will have them for other occasions if needed.

Never heard of wipes. I'm off to REI.

cb

Don't forget the Malaria tablets also ask your cruise company if the are supplying mosquito nets, if not then bring your own.

From the depths of the Bavarian Jungle.

Ron

*laughs* you really shouldn't joke in the presence of so many from across the Atlantic, you'll be taken far too seriously and start a string of threads complaining about the lack of nets on European ships ... :)

We would not usually bother about insect repellent but my husband saw something on telly (golf of course) saying that the mossies were out in large numbers through Europe. Does not bother me, I am Scottish so totally midgie and mossie immune even when visiting the 'Bavarian Jungle' or even the depths of Cambodia!! But hubby and my friends just need to hear a zzzzz and they are zapped!!!!

GMT,I love your sense of humour. but alas,those who have never been to Europe before will take you seriously. You will have to tell those folk that this was a joke.

Reason why posted was that I just got a job lot of mosquito nets for a very good price, hoping to sell them on the quay side in Passau to those passengers whose cruise line do not supply them.

Ron

Bargain mosquito nets, is the mesh small enough that the mozzies can't fly through?:D Or is the netting so thin the mozzies can bite through?:D We have had so much rain here and now the sun is out that we are having more mosquitos than normal. You could come to BC and sell them here.:D

Bargain mosquito nets, is the mesh small enough that the mozzies can't fly through?:D Or is the netting so thin the mozzies can bite through?:D We have had so much rain here and now the sun is out that we are having more mosquitos than normal. You could come to BC and sell them here.:D

no fuss travel, you are a great source of inspiration. New selling slogan "Buy Ten and I'll send One free to BC". The nets have big holes and smell of fish, could be ex salmon nets from BC.;)

I think I will have to put a warning on all messages that have to be taken with a pitch of salt:

"This message and it's contents should be read and inwardly digested in a light hearted manner in preparation for making your cruise FUN FUN FUN.

If you can't laugh or took this message as factual information, then please keep taking the "Make me Laugh" tablets, making sure that there are no side effects in combination with the anti malarial tablets".

Ron

PS Maybe the US Airforce could move their Drones from Pakistan to the Danube and help shoot down the monster mosquitos that seem to be flying around the forums.

PS Maybe the US Airforce could move their Drones from Pakistan to the Danube and help shoot down the monster mosquitos that seem to be flying around the forums.

I am wondering if it is possible to capture said flying beasts - and include them (prepared any way you choose....) as part of the local cuisine!! :D Seems a shame to waste good protein.

Fran

Archived