AWESOME trip to Alaska! Miracle June 18th review!

potatotx

My family of 4 (2 teenagers) returned from our Alaskan cruise last week and had an unbelievable time! I am not going to include photos because I think it is better to just experience the beauty of the trip and be surprised rather than know what you are going to see. :)

SEATTLE

We flew to Seattle the day before and stayed downtown at Hotel Five. Instead of taking a cab from the airport, decided to take the train for $2.50 each and be adventurous. We then had to walk a few blocks to the hotel but all we took were carryons so it was not bad at all. I would recommend the hotel - the staff was great and we checked our bags with them while we explored the morning of the cruise. We also checked bags with them again on the way back since we had a later flight. They had some awesome cupcakes in the afternoon and bikes you could ride.

We visited the Space Needle since we heard it was mandatory. My husband called it an $18 elevator ride but it's nice to say we did it and the view is beautiful. We enjoyed Pike's Market. I so wanted to buy the beautiful bouquets of flowers for so little money! And we did an underground tour of Seattle and learned a lot about the history - highly recommend doing that.

My family of 4 (2 teenagers) returned from our Alaskan cruise last week and had an unbelievable time! I am not going to include photos because I think it is better to just experience the beauty of the trip and be surprised rather than know what you are going to see. :)

SEATTLE

We flew to Seattle the day before and stayed downtown at Hotel Five. Instead of taking a cab from the airport, decided to take the train for $2.50 each and be adventurous. We then had to walk a few blocks to the hotel but all we took were carryons so it was not bad at all. I would recommend the hotel - the staff was great and we checked our bags with them while we explored the morning of the cruise. We also checked bags with them again on the way back since we had a later flight. They had some awesome cupcakes in the afternoon and bikes you could ride.

We visited the Space Needle since we heard it was mandatory. My husband called it an $18 elevator ride but it's nice to say we did it and the view is beautiful. We enjoyed Pike's Market. I so wanted to buy the beautiful bouquets of flowers for so little money! And we did an underground tour of Seattle and learned a lot about the history - highly recommend doing that.

Look forward to hearing more!:)

Day of the Cruise

Instructions for boarding the Miracle said between 2 - 4 but I know you can get on a lot earlier. We decided to wait until 2 to leave the hotel since we had 7 days to enjoy the ship. I know it's exciting to first get on board and explore but I'm sure glad we waited. No one if front of us whatsoever! Walked right up, got our room keys, photos taken and went right to our cabin to unpack since we had our carryons with us.

The Miracle is a beautiful ship!

We had reservations the first night in the Steakhouse (Nick & Nora's with a free bottle of wine.) Some of the best food we have ever had! I really wish we could have eaten there more often.

Aw, come on! Looking at other people's cruise photos is what keeps me going. Also, looking at photos of Alaskan cruises may help convince my husband that we need to book one!

Anyway, I'm glad you had a great time.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking foward to more of your review. Thanks for taking the time to write it.

We are from Texas too and are ready to go in a couple weeks. We have two teenagers also , they are the last two at home (2 are already gone) so now we will share a cabin for the first time. We have an oceanview. I am hoping it's enough space.

Anything you took with you that didn't need or wish you had taken something you didn't?

countdown.pl?image=alaska&name=Countdown To Alaska&date=7-30-2013&text=&ship=Carnival Miracle

PAST CRUISES:

Celebrity Solstice 6/26/09 Eastern Mediterranean

Carnival Conquest 08/10/10 Eastern Caribbean

Carnival Victory 06/10/12 Southern Caribbean http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1659913

20983-profile.png

For others visiting Seattle, before or after a cruise, the Underground tour that OP took is great. The tour ticket gets you a discount coupon for the 100 year old Smith tower a few blocks away. The view from that tower is fantastic, at less than 1/2 the price of the Space Needle. Plus you get a view OF the Space Needle.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

In Seattle they have a big farris wheel on the waterfront, I haven't rode it but I bet the view would be great. I grew up in Seattle the underground tour and the space needle are always fun tours. The duck ride is a good one too, you can ride the duck it about a 2 block walk from the needle. We took the same cruise the week after the OP did, the steak house is the best. If any one is going, I found a loose slot behind the left side of the cash vault, red white and blue 7's it is like a cash machine I got about $700.00 out of it. Good luck.

Archived