Cruising on Liberty in August, Question

ronchalant

We're going to be crusing with my in-laws and my two children, 2 & 4 years old.

Has anybody been on the Liberty with toddlers? I'd be interested to hear the experiences with the childcare.

I also had a specific question about the slide .. it states that the minimum height is 42", and my son will probably be more like 36-37" around then but loves waterslides.. is this a hard rule, or is there wiggle room? :D

We're going to be crusing with my in-laws and my two children, 2 & 4 years old.

Has anybody been on the Liberty with toddlers? I'd be interested to hear the experiences with the childcare.

I also had a specific question about the slide .. it states that the minimum height is 42", and my son will probably be more like 36-37" around then but loves waterslides.. is this a hard rule, or is there wiggle room? :D

Our kids are grown but we have traveled with grandkids. It has been our expereince that there is no flexibility on the height requriement. Carnival has a very good childrens program called Camp Carnival/ The have sign in and out privledges and give the parents phones to use on the ship so that they can reach out if the child wants to or needs to or visa versa. They also have a nightowl program which is baby sitting for late evenng (charge based). Loved the Liberty, we have sailed her 4 times.

I was on the Destiny (almost the same layout as the liberty) back in October with my 3 year old and there were no real issues as far as safety and the kids camp was great my son loved it there. They give you a phone incase they need you for anything. We will be on the Liberty in August as well? What sailing are you on we will be on the August 31st sailing. As far as the water slide goes my 3 year old isn't that brave yet so I didn't even attempt to take him down it!

Our kids are definitely doing camp carnival; we scheduled the trip around my youngest's 2nd birthday, so we can take advantage :)

We'll be on the Aug 24th trip. It's actually my and my wife's second trip on the Liberty - our first trip was when I proposed to her .. so we'll be re-visiting the scene of the crime :p

My oldest loves waterslides, so it's a bit disappointing that he may end up being too little for it.. I'm sure they'll keep him occupied otherwise..

Looking forward to the 2nd go-around on the Liberty.. our first time was before the updates, so it'll be like cruising on a whole different ship!

They do have a kiddie pool so at least he will be able to splash around in that with the other kiddies! I thought that since the Liberty was a 2.0 ship it would have had the splash pad / water works but I was wrong :( but my little one will have fun regardless! Have fun on your cruise you'll be getting off when we are getting on. I cant wait dying to get back on a ship.

Archived