Hotel recommendations for Fort Lauderdale

Cinedan

I would like some recommendations for a hotel in Fort Lauderdale that have a free shuttle from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood Intl. Airport. Just staying there one night before my cruise on Jan 25th 2014. I would like it if the hotel had at least one on-site restaurant. I would prefer to stay under $200.

I would like some recommendations for a hotel in Fort Lauderdale that have a free shuttle from Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood Intl. Airport. Just staying there one night before my cruise on Jan 25th 2014. I would like it if the hotel had at least one on-site restaurant. I would prefer to stay under $200.

I am staying at the Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale North in October. It has shuttle service from the airport and to the cruise terminal. Cost is $118/night. I booked it through Expedia; several of the people on my CC roll call are also staying there.

We stay at the Comfort Inn Cruise Port South. Free shuttle from airport to hotel and then over to the port. Room was $150. There are many resteraunts within a mile of the hotel and the taxi service at the desk charges $5 round trip to the resteruants. You will find lots of information on the Florida departures forum.

you highly limit yourself when requiring a free shuttle. Never known them to be very convenient over a $15 - $20 cab ride. Have always booked Ft Lauderdale hotels on Priceline (for a lot loss than $200) and have never gotten a bad place. Only last September got a 4 * hotel (Westin) on Ft Lauderdale Beach for only $75.

Bid at least 3* downtown for a good place to stay

Edited by SeaUs

You should post this on the Florida Home Ports and hopefully ROYALCRUZ will respond. She is very knowledgeable about FLL!

We stayed at Comfort Inn Airport. It was okay. Don't remember too much about it because we had to drive down at the last minute (Delta canceled our flight the night before :mad:) so we got there too late to really look around or care what was nearby. But the good thing was they let us leave our car there and they had a free shuttle to the port.

Free airport shuttles and on-site restaurants (other than free breakfast) don't go together in Fort Lauderdale. You often find free airport shuttles and free breakfast though, with several restaurants nearby:

Hampton Inn airport locations

Extended Stay 17th St

Holiday Inn Express airport and convention center locations

Comfort Suites airport and Comfort Inn airport

Best Western Plus airport locations

Hyatt House

Hyatt Place airport locations

LaQuinta Hollywood

If I may, I'd like to recommend the Embassy Suites on 17th.

While there is not a free shuttle from FLL to the Embassy Suites, the airport is very close. The taxi ride takes all of 10 minutes and costs less than $15. In exchange, the Embassy Suites has a complimentary, incredible, hot breakfast every morning. Included are made to order omelets and eggs, pastries, waffles, cereal, meats, fruit, etc. There is also a complimentary afternoon snack time, which includes munchies and free beverages, alcoholic and non. In my opinion, the cost of what breakfast out would be far outweighs the cost of the short taxi ride. Right behind the hotel is a shopping plaza with restaurants and markets

The taxi from ES to the port is maybe five minutes and about $10.

Free airport shuttles and on-site restaurants (other than free breakfast) don't go together in Fort Lauderdale. You often find free airport shuttles and free breakfast though, with several restaurants nearby:

Hampton Inn airport locations

Extended Stay 17th St

Holiday Inn Express airport and convention center locations

Comfort Suites airport and Comfort Inn airport

Best Western Plus airport locations

Hyatt House

Hyatt Place airport locations

LaQuinta Hollywood

I just found out that there is a restaurant on-site at Crowne Plaza, which also has a free airport shuttle. Also, I didn't mention the Hilton, because it is closing at some point soon and the reviews haven't been great, but they have a restaurant and shuttle.

Edited by royalcruz

I just found out that there is a restaurant on-site at Crowne Plaza, which also has a free airport shuttle. Also, I didn't mention the Hilton, because it is closing at some point soon and the reviews haven't been great, but they have a restaurant and shuttle.

Can you tell me which Hilton is closing? In the past we have stayed at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina directly across the 17th Street Causeway from the ships. The last time we stayed there it seemed a bit rundown so this would not surprise me. Just curious!

Sharon

I decided to book the:

SpringHill Suites Marriott Ft Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port!

Free shuttle from airport and to port! Restaurants in walking distance and breakfast included.

Can you tell me which Hilton is closing? In the past we have stayed at the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina directly across the 17th Street Causeway from the ships. The last time we stayed there it seemed a bit rundown so this would not surprise me. Just curious!

Sharon

The airport Hilton is going to be closing in the future to make room for the new airport runway flight path. I was just at the Hilton Marina a couple of months ago and it was very nice...we had a room in the main building and it seemed to have been recently remodeled.

Edited by royalcruz

I decided to book the:

SpringHill Suites Marriott Ft Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port!

Free shuttle from airport and to port! Restaurants in walking distance and breakfast included.

What rate did you get for January 25th?

The airport Hilton is going to be closing in the future to make room for the new airport runway flight path. I was just at the Hilton Marina a couple of months ago and it was very nice...we had a room in the main building and it seemed to have been recently remodeled.

This is great news about the Hilton Marina. We had a pre and post cruise stay there in December, and it seemed to need some TLC. For example, when we checked in, there was no coffeemaker, no iron/ironing board, no safe and no TV remote in the room. Towels seemed old, thin and frayed and carpets looked worn. We have always stayed in the tower rooms with the balconies which look out at the cruise ships, and love the views, but were a bit disappointed this stay. I am glad its not closing though and they are doing some remodeling because we have liked staying there in the past. Its location is great and the view can't be beat! Thanks royalcruz for the update!:)

Hampton Inn North for us too. They'll pick us up at the airport and they also have a cruise shuttle. The usual Hampton Inn breakfast. I understand there are some stores including a grocery within walking distance (I know that at least one of my kids will forget something LOL).

I'm always happy to add some loyalty points with a hotel chain that I use frequently for business.

This is great news about the Hilton Marina. We had a pre and post cruise stay there in December, and it seemed to need some TLC. For example, when we checked in, there was no coffeemaker, no iron/ironing board, no safe and no TV remote in the room. Towels seemed old, thin and frayed and carpets looked worn. We have always stayed in the tower rooms with the balconies which look out at the cruise ships, and love the views, but were a bit disappointed this stay. I am glad its not closing though and they are doing some remodeling because we have liked staying there in the past. Its location is great and the view can't be beat! Thanks royalcruz for the update!:)

Well, I can't tell you if the room had all of those amenities in order, because I was there for a few hours in my friends' room, but I just noticed that the room was very modernized. I did notice that the corridor carpet showed some wear and that the corridor smelled like cigarettes...it might have been coming from the stairwell. The pool area was nice enough and very clean but not fabulous. China Grill recently closed and has reopened as Antea, a bar that serves lunch by day and small plates at night. My friend got an awesome deal there on Hotwire including round trip flights for 2 and 3 nights for under $500.

• 6 months later...

Hey there Everyone,

I'm not sure if it was mentioned before, but do any of you guys have good tips or suggestions for where I can find a hotel room under $200/night where it's walking distance to all the shops,stores, night life? Since I will be there 2 nights before the cruise sails, I was hoping to enjoy more of the Fort Lauderdale city life over the beaches since we'll be spending most of the time in the water anyway.

Also, do most offer shuttle services?

Thanks!