Movenpick hotel to the pier with 6 bags ???

I'll assume HAL use the main cruise terminal. In which case the distance could not be closer. Walk it is right next door with just a Segway place inbetween.

Check with google maps...and street view and you will see what I mean

If you have lots of luggage I assume the hotel porters will be able to assist or you could rent a Segway to make it fun.

Edited by helpthejuggler

Amsterdam...Sorry ..

Don't be sorry that it's Amsterdam - Amsterdam's a very nice place :D

I'd reckoned Amsterdam as the least-likely Movenpick you'd be asking about.

The main reason why cruisers choose it is because it is right by the port. :)

JB :)

Edited by John Bull

LOL, that was my thought...

OP needs to pack like he posts... :D

LOL

Not possible I guess...when you have to pack oatmeal, snack bars & large bottle of mouthwash ;)

Good question!

We are staying at the Movenpick prior to our Eurodam cruise and before booking the hotel, I e-mailed them and asked: If we need help in getting luggage to the cruise terminal, would the bellmen be able to assist us? The answer was a definite maybe. If the bellmen were available and not tied up doing something else, they could help us.

Being as close as the cruise terminal seems to be, and with both of us having just two pieces of luggage with wheels and a carry-on each, we ought to be able to wheel the luggage to the terminal if we take our time. At least, that is the plan for now.

Good question!

Being as close as the cruise terminal seems to be, and with both of us having just two pieces of luggage with wheels and a carry-on each, we ought to be able to wheel the luggage to the terminal if we take our time. At least, that is the plan for now.

You could always take 1 bag at a time to the porters

I am sure the Concierge would watch your other bags while you walk the 100 ft to the terminal :rolleyes:

You guys left out the best part ' date='pillows, and a light weight king size blanket.[/quote']

WHAT ...not taking the sheets also :eek:

Thanks for the laugh of the day

LOL

Not possible I guess...when you have to pack oatmeal, snack bars & large bottle of mouthwash ;)

I don't mock anyone who packs snacks anymore... we were saved from starvation several times on our trip last year by the rice krispies bars MamaTwick had packed (she's allergic to wheat, so not stopping for a quick sandwich).

You guys left out the best part ' date='pillows, and a light weight king size blanket.[/quote']

I once travelled with a girl who brought her own pillow. I told her I'd travel with her anytime, but would never travel with her oversized luggage again.

I don't mock anyone who packs snacks anymore... we were saved from starvation several times on our trip last year by the rice krispies bars MamaTwick had packed (she's allergic to wheat, so not stopping for a quick sandwich).

I also pack a few power bars but not for every day of the trip ;)

I am still trying to downsize the luggage... still at one 26" wheely each & 1 carry-on between us that usually does us for the 30 day cruises ;)

I just make do with the pillows & blankets the ship provides

• 9 months later...

When I see people traveling with large pieces of luggage I always wonder what they are bringing with them. Now I understand, pillows, blankets, food, etc. LOL.

Since we only travel light with one carry-on and small back pack each it is easy for us to get around and we never have to worry about our luggage. It's the only way to travel when you use public transportation and a lot cheaper than taking cabs.

BTY - since I am diabetic I always travel with snacks. I am the queen of zip lock bags and everything fits right into my small backpack. I try to keep by carry-on under 23 pounds

Marion

I once travelled with a girl who brought her own pillow. I told her I'd travel with her anytime, but would never travel with her oversized luggage again.

My wife won't go anywhere overnight without her own pillow. One learns to live with these things. I have got her down to five pairs of shoes though:)

We are on a HAL cruise this year embarking in Amsterdam and they actually use the port of Ijmuiden (my spelling is probably off!). Thank goodness HAL has a shuttle on day of cruise from Amsterdam to Ijmuiden!

Edited by sunsetbeachgal