Drinks Package Help

bossy_01

Hi All,

I know the drinks package topic has been done to death and I know only we can decide if its value for us - Average drinkers.

We are heading out on elcipse on 20th July and the family have asked specific questions, which I am struggling to find up to date answers for.

Specifically what is included (Premium Package):

Gin?

Liquers?

Liquer coffees?

White wine?

Red wine?

Sparkling wine?

Cocktails - type / variety?

I know that it must be under 12$ as per website, but i am not sure of the cost of things.

Also can you get the soft drinks in cans and take them back to your room / off the ship? will they sell them un opened?

My mum has also asked what diet/light/low sugar soft drinks are available. I.e. tonic water, lemonade / sprite etc.

Thanks in advance

Chris

virtually everything on your list will be included. Some wines are more than $12 but you only pay the excess if they are and you should be able to find something you like under the cap.

You can pick up a can of soda at virtually any bar, even in the buffet and I have been able to get one that was not opened and take it back to the stateroom.

I don't have specifics as to the third question, but diet coke for instance is available, and there are several choices.

Enjoy your cruise and drink package!

Hi All,

I know the drinks package topic has been done to death and I know only we can decide if its value for us - Average drinkers.

We are heading out on elcipse on 20th July and the family have asked specific questions, which I am struggling to find up to date answers for.

Specifically what is included (Premium Package):

Gin?

Liquers?

Liquer coffees?

White wine?

Red wine?

Sparkling wine?

Cocktails - type / variety?

I know that it must be under 12$ as per website, but i am not sure of the cost of things.

Also can you get the soft drinks in cans and take them back to your room / off the ship? will they sell them un opened?

My mum has also asked what diet/light/low sugar soft drinks are available. I.e. tonic water, lemonade / sprite etc.

Thanks in advance

Chris

Chris if you use the link below it will specify the in's and out's of what is

included in the package. We are average drinkers as well and it's not all about alcohol, we enjoyed the coffee's and tea's, the fresh squeezed orange juice and the bottles of water.

Click on the 'pay one price' and you will see what the package includes, there is also a click for the Premium, we chose the classic and had no issues:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/planAndBook/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages#onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic_tab/onboard/asrPanel.do%3Fpagename=onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic&ComponentTypeId=30&categoryId=&currencyCode=USD

We also went with the classic and had no issues. I was surprised at the call liquor I could order (Jack Daniels being a favorite...) Here are photos of the drink menu I took at one of the bars on board the Summit in June.

P1010298.jpg.3ec09e290759474241b9de1a78b5dce3.jpg

P1010299.jpg.c8c724033ada2ac34cf5404b37421441.jpg

P1010300.jpg.f9d9991a488c914622f39159ce1783d6.jpg

Many times, they will only give you cans of soda that they open. And yes, you can take the soda to your cabins.

You have to be careful about taking food/beverages off the ship, especially if they're open. Many countries don't allow things to be taken off the ship unless they are factory sealed. Soft drinks are probably OK, but do not take fruits, vegetables, meats or any kind of food off the ship unless it's factory sealed.

Many times, they will only give you cans of soda that they open. And yes, you can take the soda to your cabins.

You have to be careful about taking food/beverages off the ship, especially if they're open. Many countries don't allow things to be taken off the ship unless they are factory sealed. Soft drinks are probably OK, but do not take fruits, vegetables, meats or any kind of food off the ship unless it's factory sealed.

I asked for an unopened can that I could take back to my room and it was not a problem. Guess it depends on the server.

I asked for an unopened can that I could take back to my room and it was not a problem. Guess it depends on the server.

You can grab water as your getting off the ship, to save time grab some from a bar the night before and save it for the next day.

Gidday.

I have a question, does 'frozen drinks' include virgin coktails?

On Princess we had the Ultimate Kids Package and that sounds quite like the non-alcohol package on Celebrity, although on Princess the UKP didn't include the fancy coffees.

Thanking you in anticipation.

TraceyG

I also have asked this question before but not really got an answer. We have the Classic Alcohol Pkg. Will we get slips to sign? I am assuming no but how do we pay the 15% service charge or is it charged on the full allowance of $45.76/nite whether we use it or not?

You pay 15% of the package cost and do not have any slips to sign. You can of course offer an additional gratuity.

For us, alcohol would probably just be a break even with the package or maybe even a loss. The fact that soft drinks, sparkling water, and coffee (including coffee liqueur drinks) are included are what puts us well over the top.

"how do we pay the 15% service charge or is it charged on the full allowance of $45.76/nite whether we use it or not?"

The money you paid for the beverage package includes the tip.

And unlike some other cruise lines, your $45.76 (or whatever you pay for whichever package you purchase) does not have an allowance, or a limit, on the number of drinks you can order that day.

If you BUY a drink package, the gratuity is added to the cost at the time of purchase. In other words say it's $44 a day PLUS 15% gratuity ($6.60) so your total is $50.6

If you GET a drink package as an inducement to book a cruise, you don't pay for the drink package, or the gratuity.

There are no slips to sign, the server will take your card, bring your beverage and hand your card back to you. The server will receive a gratuity for logging the purchase.

Your "purchases" will show up on your account voucher with a cost of "0"

okay. Now I am confused. Someone said the tip is added to my acct and would be approx $48 per person and now I'm told the drinks pkg includes the 15% tip. Which is it?

It's not that difficult, classic drink package is $44 per day. Plus 15% ($6.60) equals $50.60 per day total, no more no less, unless you tip extra at your discretion. Unlimited drinks on the package, be it zero drinks or 100 drinks, a day.

I didn't have any problem getting an unopened can of soda. I just asked them not to open it and they didn't. I managed to build an inventory of 4 or 5 Diet Cokes in my room along with a large bottle of Pelligrino that you can get at the coffee bar.

Have fun.

Archived