Eiffel Tower Restaurants

We are going to be in Paris pre-cruise and want to eat at the Eiffel Tower. Has anyone done this and can you tell us the differences between the Altitude 95 and the Jules Verne besides price? Is the food different? What is the dress code at either restaurant? Is the view much better from the Jules Verne?

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Gee I would like to know the same thing. Is this the top of the tower or at the bottom? (See how much I know)

We will be there pre-cruise in June.

Cunard - various ships over many years

Song of America

Grandeur of the Seas

Dreamward

Infinity

Azur

Sovereign of the Seas

Serenade of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;6;19;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100 Til the Brilliance in the Med.!!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2005;1;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Nordic Empress

<center>

shipmar2.gif </center>

marship.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ray&Sara:

We are going to be in Paris pre-cruise and want to eat at the Eiffel Tower. Has anyone done this and can you tell us the differences between the Altitude 95 and the Jules Verne besides price? Is the food different? What is the dress code at either restaurant? Is the view much better from the Jules Verne?

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Jules Verne is better.. make reservations..but we are talking dinner.. for day the other perhps..make reservations here.. ( and for all of PAris this is the best reservation website..free!) Have a bon voyage ;-)

Http://www.reservethebest.com

Barcelona to Venice on Oceania - "Insignia"

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;5;3;18;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Buenos Aires to Rio Oceania - "Insignia"

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;2;2;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0300

mermaidswim.gif

icon_treasurebox.gif

We have eaten at Jules Verne restaurant in the Eiffel Tower. The restaurant has its own lift in one of the legs of the tower and it up about five or six stories with a marvellous view over Paris.

It is a wonderful restaurant with great food and fantastic service. It is certainly not cheap and you need to dress up ie. men should wear a jacket and the ladies wear something smart as you would to a very good restaurant at home.

When we went I made the reservation directly with the restaurant by phone from home about six months beforehand. I sent a fax to confirm the booking and then rang them when we arrived in Paris. I do this with every restaurant we book overseas.

We were given one of the best tables in the restaurant and were looked after superbly. It is one of the highlights of our many trips to Paris. We usually choose one 3 star Michelin restaurant to eat at each time we go to Paris.

Jules Verne is not a 3 star, but it is a very special restaurant and well worth the money.

I do not know anything at all about Altitude 95.

Jennie

The next cruise is always the best!

3RD OCTOBER, 2004 PRINSENDAM

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;10;03;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100

JV is a great experience. Go for it.

Jacqueline

Constellation 3/20/04

HAL Westerdam 7/30/04

Tahitian Princess August 2003

Grand Princess Western Caribbean 2003

Brilliance of the Seas Baltic 2002

Ocean Princess- Alaska 2001

Celebrity Zenith- Bermuda 2001

Grand Princess Med 2000

I have to agree with everyone who recommended the Jules Verne. It is a great restaurant. The view is magnificent. Went there for lunch one time and dinner the next. Service was excellent. Don't know why it's not rated higher than it is. You'll love it. Don't know anything about the Altitude 95. Last time I was there was in '92. Maybe it's newer than that. Went to the highly rated restaurant across from Notre Dame (can't think of the name right now) and, although it was good (it's big on duck), I liked the Jules Verne better. Have a great trip and bon appetite.

GinnyC

You have been given some very good advice.You do not say when you will be in Paris,BUT make your reservations at Jules Verne(assuming this is the one you pick) ASAP.Usually dinner reservations are made 4 to 6 months in advance,and a little less for luncheon.It will be very expensive for dinner and a little less for luncheon.Altitude 95 is across the way from JV,and is newer,less expensive,not as good,BUT having said that if you cannot get a reservations at JV do try A95.Have a great stay in Paris!!!!

Karen

Ü

Ginny,

The restaurant you are trying to think of is La Tour D'Argent. They are famous for their duck and each duck is numbered. The restaurant is right opposite the Seine and on the 1st floor above the street.

We had a memorable meal there as well, but to my mind Jules Verne was the more fantastic experience.

Perhaps it was because we were actually eating in the Eiffel Tower or perhaps I enjoyed the food more. Who knows, it was just a great night.

Jennie.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;10;03;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Thanks for all the information. Jenny - do they speak English at the Jules Verne when making reservations? Claudia - how does the reservation site you provided work - is there a service charge or anything?

Sara

Sara,

They do speak English at the Jules Verne. In fact at every restaurant I have booked in Paris, the person who took the booking spoke English well.

Just speak a bit more slowly than you normally do and you will be fine.

Have fun.

Jennie

Do they speak English at Jules Verne? Well, lets put it this way, there will be very few Parisians at this restaurant. Its an excellent restaurant, but most of the clients are tourists. I think you will find most of the staff speaks multi-languages.

Hank

For Ray and Sara:

Here is the phone number for Jules Verne..011 01 45 55 61 44.It is the easiest way to get your reservation. The best time to call them is between lunch and dinner PARIS TIME when they are not so busy,and they do speak English.You will need to give them a Paris phone numberas they will confirm the reservation and the number is mandatory.

Karen

Ü

Dear Jennie (a/k/a Aussie Gal)

Thanks so much for telling me the name of the restaurant. You are absolutely right, it was La Tour d'Argent and it was killing me that I couldn't remember it. As you say, it was nice, but I did enjoy Jules Verne more. I think even the service was better. We were on a cruise from Sydney to Aukland on the Legend of the Seas in 2000. Australia is a beautiful country, as is New Zealand. We took a trip to the Blue Mountains in Sydney and all we saw was fog, fog, fog. That was disappointing. But in all the trip was most memorable.

GinnyC

make sure to make reservations VERY early in advance. Last year I called 3 months in advance and they were all booked.

Brilliance of the Seas, RCCL 6/17/05

Enchantment of the Seas, RCCL, 11/01

Tropicale, Carnival 08/99

I have always booked any of the good restaurants in Paris in February for September.

It would be so disappointing not to be able to go there after having your heart set on it.

Jennie.

While there are many great restaurants in Paris I too agree that the Jules Verne is at the "top" of the list for us. However, I would not despair if you only do a dinner dance at night on the Seine in a Batone Marche-exquisite!

Rick,24 cruises and counting! Next cruise- #25-Riverboat cruise from Amsterdam to Vienna in July '04

Thanks everybody for all the advice. Just as an update - I called the Jules Verne today to make reservations for September and they told me they have been booked since January! They had lunch spaces available but that doesn't fit our schedule. I tried reservethebest.com and they said the Jules Verne is almost impossible to get reservations. I called the Altitude 95 and they said they won't start taking reservations until June for September.

So I guess we have an excuse to plan another trip to Paris.

Sara

Sara,

Keep calling. Although the said they were booked when I called from home, the hotel concierge was able to get us a reservation a week ahead of time because of a cancellation.

JV was a fabulous dining experience!!!

Linda

Constellation Transatlantic 9/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;7;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 till back-to-back on Galaxy

Monarch of the Seas 1/2004, Infinity 10/2003, Constellation Transatlantic 4/2003, Sun Princess 8/2002, Millenium 3/2002, Summit 11/2001, Galaxy 6/2001, Sea Princess 11/2000, Splendor of the Seas 5/2000, Ryndam 1/2000, Zenith 12/1997, Crown Odyssey 8/1996, NCL Dreamward 8/1994, Sun Princess 1/1988, Costa Riviera 1986, Carnival Mardi Gras 1984, Sunward II 1979

I too was going to suggest that you use the hotel concierge to get reservations at Jules Verne.On the other hand, scheduling ANOTHER trip to Paris is a wonderful idea!!! Try having lunch at the terrace restaurant on top of the Smartaine Dept. Store next to the Seine-wonderful views and good food (a Paris "secret" for you...)

Rick,24 cruises and counting! Next cruise- #25-Riverboat cruise from Amsterdam to Vienna in July '04

Archived