What to do on a Monday night?

rollnoles2

We are in San Juan Monday, March 17 from 3:00-10:00 pm. I'm trying to find an excursion for our group of 7 which includes my in-laws who are in their 80's and have very limited mobility (they would definitely not be able to walk around old San Juan). Any suggestions?

Celebrity does offer a Latin Traditions Show as a shore excursion. (Description: Enjoy a taste of Puerto Rico's heritage in all its spirits and color. Learn about the flamenco - a very expressive and artistic dance artform. This is a high-energy, spicy variety show consisting of a guitarist and vivid dancers performing a modernized, slightly risqué versions of the mambo, samba, conga, flamenco and the seductive rumba. Spend an evening with a Spanish showman who is highly reputed in Latin America and the Caribbean. A cocktail beverage is included. Has anyone seen this show? I can't seem to find any reviews or much information about it.

Thanks for any help!

Take a cab to Fortaleza St ant try the Marmalade with their spectacular white bean soup as one of the courses or go to El Convento with a fine restaurant with a Flamenco show. Don't just hang around the ship unless they offer one of the chef's special dinner in the Pinnacle with lots of wine and a very special menu.

I wanted to get in on this thread also. Looks like we will be in San Juan from 4pm -11:30Pm on a Wed. night.

It really seems strange for the ship to arrive so late in the day. Last time we were in PR during normal daytime hours.

@rollnoles - good question - I want to know also what to do there at that time?

I've never been but what I've been researching seems to suggest that San Juan has an amazing night life and there won't be trouble finding places to hang out. I've read that the forts close around 5 though. Our plan is to book it to the forts once we arrive so we can spend as much time as we can. Then we plan on just exploring the city and trying some local food.

We have received requests from people at home to pick up some alcohol for them because apparently it is super cheap. Does anybody know how late the liquor store at the port stays open?

Archived