Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

You will love Cozumel

I know since I've been there and I going back. I just booked this 5 night cruise for an amazing price of $378. as a SOLO cruiser! Anyone else discover this bargain and coming along? It's going to be my first visit to NOLA and I am as excited about going to the Jazz Clubs as I am about the cruise.

Hi, I'm Pat from Maryland and I have cruised solo since 2000, generally on Celebrity. As an avid reader, I always carry a book with me (even to dinner in case there's a lull in others arriving). Often other passengers will start up a conversation by saying, "what are you reading", and usually a lively and interesting conversation ensues. For excursions that are long and there is a danger of missing the ship, I usually do the ship's excursions. However, will sometimes do independent tours that I learn about on the CC boards or Trip Advisor. Many times, explore with others (couples and singles) met on board. Of course, when touring on our own, safety is important. Always be aware of the surroundings. Solo is fun, relaxing and very rewarding. Enjoy!

OMG that is an awesome idea !! I cant believe i didnt think about that when i went on my solo in march.... It would have helped with the people who completely ignored me during lunch in the MDR one day ...... I tried a few times to get a conversation started with them but they were only interested in talking to the others of their group, I came pretty close to being asked to be seated somewhere else. I love to read and just didnt even think about pulling out my reader

My upcoming cruises are:

Celebrity SUMMIT 8/4/13 7 nights

Royal Enchantment of the Seas 9/13/13 3 nights

Celebrity CENTURY 2/15/14 8 nights

Hi Darcie:D

This is a great thread. I'm Faith, now age 62, and I'm an ex-NYer now living in CA. I've cruised over the Christmas holidays for the last 5 years. I love making my own plans for the holiday and then getting together with family or friends either before or after my cruise.

I've cruised the PC, Mexico a few times, the Carib once, and this year I'm cruising from SF roundtrip to Hawaii. I always meet people to chat with on my cruises. But I also really enjoy my alone time on the ships. I'm a big reader so my kindle and a chair on the promenade deck is all I need to enjoy myself.

I'm not brand loyal to any one cruise line. Mostly I look at cruise itineraries and cruise time frames when I pick a cruise. Lately I've cruised the big Princess ships. I love all the music around the ships and there is always plenty of activity both day and night.

Some cruises I've been more of a loner. Other cruises I've been more social. Cruising is a wonderful way to travel solo. Faith

Edited by Faith77

This will be my third cruise. My first was as a solo on the Norwegian Epic. I had a blast and totally understood why so many people love cruising. My second cruise, last September to Bermuda, was intended to be solo but I hooked up with a meetup group in my area that was going on that cruise and all five of us arranged to be at the same dinner table on the cruise. That one was even more fun than my first cruise. I had the best of both worlds - my own cabin (a must) and people I knew (at least a little bit) to have dinner with every night. I never even finished one book on my kindle, unheard of for me. I'd sit down in a lounge, start reading, and one of my new friends would say "want to go to the bar for a cocktail?" Well, twist my arm!

Not only am I hooked on cruising; I'm hooked on solo cruising. I can't imagine sharing a cabin. And those services that will match you with a stranger to save money? No thanks! I did that for a land tour to Italy. Never again. I had no idea a human being could snore so loudly.

Hi, all; love this thread!

I'm Linda from Cocoa Beach, FL & travel almost exclusively alone, whether it be land or cruising.

My 7th solo cruise will be MSC Sinfonia, 7D r/t Durban (really looking forward to Madagascar & Mozambique). Since only 7D, I booked a balcony. Maybe will try for an inexpensive birding safari after return on March 1, 2014.

Great thead. I am Robb and I have two solo cruises booked right now. One in November for my 50th brithday. Not big on parties so I thought a great way to celebrate would be to go on a cruise.

I have another cruise booked for next April for the Western Med. I am meeting up with a cousin and her husband who are doing a B2B. I love traveling with them since they don't mind the fact that I like to go my own way sometimes. I did my second cruise with them and basically only saw them at dinner or in the evening if we got togather for a show or drinks.

For me solo cruising is the way to go. I am usually shy but for some reason when I step on a ship I find it easy to talk to new people and start converstaions.

I love breakfast in the MDR. Did it everyday on my 2nd cruise and meet new people every morning. I also signed up for the roll call for my cruise and meet some great new friends that way. We still keep in touch on line and hope to do a cruise togather again some time.

I am glad to see people liking this thread and thanks everyone for your comments and participation. Most people know this already and have mentioned it themselves but just remember that this thread does not take the place of the Roll Call for the ship and specific sailing of your planned cruise. Be sure to join in and if there is not yet a thread started for your cruise -- go ahead and start one. Happy cruising everyone!

Hi, I'm Melanie from Alberta, single and 29. This will be my first solo cruise. Alaska northbound from Vancouver August 24, 2013.

Love to cruise, mildly obsessed with the Royal Princess for almost 2 years and will be sailing her in October for my 30th birthday ( booked a penthouse suite to treat myself )

Great resident rates. I just booked a D2 $1200 including tax and port charges for a balcony solo. There is also a savings certificate, that saved me another $150, and I booked with a NCC for $100 OBC. I was originally booked on the Breakaway for the same date, but this deal is too good to pass up. The Breakaway will have to wait.

Hi I am Livia and this will be my third Solo cruise. I have enjoyed myself every time, have met some wonderful people, made great friends and I now have the fever. If you are wondering whether you should cruise Solo, don't hesitate, just do it, you will not be sorry. I look forward to each cruise with more excitement. This cruise will be for my birthday.

I have done one previous solo cruise a long time ago on The Norway with NCL and had a great time met a lot of very nice people. Looking forward to another great vacation.:)

Edited by cocod08

I had a good time on the Carnival Splendor :)

Nice pic of the Aft Pool. I am quite looking forward to seeing that ship. I'm doing the Florida Bahamas run from NYC on 01/04/2014. Is that the itinerary you were on?

Edited by 42CruiseCrazy
Add date