Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

Nice pic of the Aft Pool. I am quite looking forward to seeing that ship. I'm doing the Florida Bahamas run from NYC on 01/04/2014. Is that the itinerary you were on?

I did the 7 day Mexico Cruise from Long Beach , California , on the Splendor

splendbackpool.jpg.bbfc1d69f6a489db446987024bb74caa.jpg

i have never gone on a cruise solo, but i always have my own cabin. i usually find some friends to go but always by their schedule. i am trying to get the balls up to actually go on one alone that i have always wanted to do. i would like to do an alaskan cruise or a panama canal cruise.

I leave on Saturday for my next solo cruise:D....I have lost count....but

it is #30something;)..flying to NJ and sailing on Sunday to Bermuda!:D

Hello all. This will be my first time in N.O. so I'll go a couple of days early to check out the city. I am 55+; this will be my 4th solo and 11th in total. I'm looking forward to cruising on the newest fun ship. Lisa

Hi Lisa. I'm going to be cruising out of NOLA right after your cruise. I wanted to go on the Sunshine but the Elation was such a good price that I couldn't resist.

Hey All,

Sam here from Clearwater, FL by way of NJ. I will be taking my first cruise solo on Carnival Imagination on 12/2/13, it's nice to see I'm not alone as a solo cruiser. I appreciate the information and experiences other solos have had in the past. :)

Cruising to Bermuda from Baltimore on the Grandeur on September 27th

Then the Constellation in December my cruise numbers are 30+ a large percentage of those have been solo! I have a lot more vacation than my friends is I just go if I find a good deal!

I leave on Saturday for my next solo cruise:D....I have lost count....but

it is #30something;)..flying to NJ and sailing on Sunday to Bermuda!:D

Enchantment??? Did Celebrity re-name one of their ships Enchantment?

lol

As for me my next solo cruises are:

10/19/13 Celebrity Summit Cape Liberty to San Juan Repositioning Cruise

4/26/14 Celebrity Summit San Juan to Cape Liberty Repositioning Cruise

Edited by cherylroslyn

Enchantment??? Did Celebrity re-name one of their ships Enchantment?

lol

As for me my next solo cruises are:

10/19/13 Celebrity Summit Cape Liberty to San Juan Repositioning Cruise

4/26/14 Celebrity Summit San Juan to Cape Liberty Repositioning Cruise

LOL...nope...I have a group of friends I have chatted with on here

for years. We all live around the state of Florida. Most of them cruise

with Royal;)....and we have done "day trips" together over the

years too:D...well, we are doing a 3 night cruise together in Sept......

I am going as well......:) and it is only a 2 hour drive to Pt. Canaveral

for me.

Edited by Lois R

Lois have a great cruise. I do admire your solo adventures. I am trying to catch up

Thank you so much:)...LOL you will get there too:D

To be honest with you, 10 years ago when I started cruising I had

no idea I would have taken this many cruises!

Thank you so much:)...LOL you will get there too:D

To be honest with you, 10 years ago when I started cruising I had

no idea I would have taken this many cruises!

Are you ready for Bermuda, doing my countdown for Breakaway!! Can't believe it's almost here!!

My first solo cruise!!

Margie

Are you ready for Bermuda, doing my countdown for Breakaway!! Can't believe it's almost here!!

My first solo cruise!!

Margie

Hi Margie:) yes, I am ready..:D hope you have a wonderful time too:)

Great thread. I've been thinking a solo roll call would be great. Great minds think alike. :D

Hi, I'm Lynne and unlike most of you I'm from Australia which I love but is SO frustrating when I see all these great deals in the northern hemisphere. Every time I look I tell my hubby that he's lucky we don't live in America because I'd be wanting to go on a cruise every week. There are so many amazing deals.

I get a lot more holidays than my hubby so travel solo at least once a year. In the past I have travelled by myself then did a few Intrepid small group tours.

Recently started reading about solo cruising so have decided I'm going to do it. I'm going to take the last half of June and all of July off (get away from our winter) and head north. Nothing planned yet but Thinking about a cruise from Copenhagen to Russia and then not sure where. I also want to visit New York but hubby would kill me if I went there without him so may have to leave that until later. I'm open to destination though as there is still a lot of the world I haven't seen. Ill check out deals when the time gets closer and then decide.

I love cruising and am really looking forward to a solo cruise. I like meeting and talking to others but its also nice to just laze around and do things at my own pace.

Edited by sayaguru

My first solo cruise!!

Margie

Have a GREAT time!!! (I am jealous.) I was on the Breakaway TA and loved it but I have also been to Bermuda and it was fantastic. I went solo too and met great new friends. :D

Lois, Hope you have a great time in Bermuda on your cruise. Remember, if you spend too much time at the Swizzle Inn, you will have a Dark N Stormy trip. Of course though, that is not all bad either. Enjoy yourself and have fun. Neil

Lois, Hope you have a great time in Bermuda on your cruise. Remember, if you spend too much time at the Swizzle Inn, you will have a Dark N Stormy trip. Of course though, that is not all bad either. Enjoy yourself and have fun. Neil

Hi Neil:) thanks for the good wishes. One more work day (after today):rolleyes:

2 more sleeps:D

Greetings! I'm Kathy - a retired finance geek in my early 50's. I'll be taking my second cruise and first solo on HAL's Veendam starting in Quebec City on August 31st. I traveled extensively for work on my own and find that I just prefer it that way (unless, of course I could get Mark Harmon for a roomie!) I've been a bit challenged finding active shore excursions ( I am NOT one to just ride around on a bus looking at stuff), but have gotten great suggestions for bike rentals, hiking paths, etc. from other posters. Looking forward to a fabulous time!

Any other solos on the Miracle? This will be my first solo cruise and I can't wait. There is a thread for this on the roll call forum. Hope there are other solos out there who will join me!:)

I was on the Miracle last Dec. as a solo when it was out of New York. Had a great time. I see you were on the Splendor when it was on the West Coast. Now it is in New York and I will be on her in Jan. Trading Places. Stay on the Roll Call and some Solo cruisers will show up eventually.

Hi, everyone, my name is Leslie and I live in Chicago, IL. I have sailed solo on several RCCL ships and I am looking forward to sailing solo on the Allure. This will be my first time on an Oasis-class ship so I am excited!:D Please let me know if there are any other solos booked for the March 16 sailing. If any solos have sailed on the Allure before, please give me some pointers and tips for things that I "must-do" and "must-see." Thanks!