Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

2 hours ago, AJain said:

This is an excerpt from a CC article, which maybe helpful:

Holland America Line is renowned for catering to solo cruisers. There are plenty of programs that don't require partners, and activities that can be delightfully solitary or a means to meeting others. (The culinary programs, from hands-on cooking workshops to wine tastings, are tons of fun.) The Single Partners Program, available on most voyages, offers hosted onboard solo traveler events like cocktail mixers and games, too. Singles are invited to dine together (by advance request).

The line's biggest and newest ships, Koningsdam, Nieuw Statendam and Rotterdam, offer 12 solo cabins. The solo cabins are all ocean view and range from 127 to 172 square feet. They feature all of the same amenities of a double-occupancy cabin, but with a twin bed.

Pretty sure a good part of this info is from a program cancelled years ago. It's actually mentioned in another CC discussion as being from 2007.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, MidwesternCruiser2 said:

Pretty sure a good part of this info is from a program cancelled years ago. It's actually mentioned in another CC discussion as being from 2007.

I believe that all 3 of those ships were built long AFTER 2007.

19 minutes ago, croozbabe said:

bottom right shows a date of January 2007
http://book.hollandamerica.com/pdfs/media/factsheets/SingleCruisers_FactSheet.pdf

I think some bloggers picked up this 'fact sheet' and then added the solo cabin info

also a CC discussion on this topic

5 hours ago, croozbabe said:

The referenced article appears to be combining two different sets of info, one outdated and the other current:

• That program matching up solo travelers seems to be from over a decade ago and no longer in use.
  • The three Pinnacle-class HAL ships (built 2016 and later) have single-occupancy ocean view cabins. They're all the way forward on Main (deck 1) under the theater. Based on the photos they're well designed for a solo traveler and look airy & spacious, with a big picture window to bring in natural light and what looks like the same bed found in "regular" cabins. The location could be noisy though.

Celebrity Summit July 31 - August 7 2021

Just booked a last minute solo cruise. 
I have never been on a Celebrity cruise. Will there be other solo cruisers? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Edited by Karma1709

@VOYOV check with your cruise line.  Some are accepting only vaccinations authorized by the US CDC/FDA.  Additionally some are not accepting if mixed dosages (Pfizer for first dose, Moderna for second as an example) are used.

7 hours ago, Karma1709 said:

Celebrity Summit July 31 - August 7 2021

Just booked a last minute solo cruise. 
I have never been on a Celebrity cruise. Will there be other solo cruisers? Any info is greatly appreciated.

If you haven't already, check out the Roll Call for your cruise:

I booked the Majestic Princess to Alaska for 8/22/21 this week. The single supplement was running 50% more than the per person double occupancy fare--but my travel agent offered it at 33% more plus a little bit of OBC. It's my first cruise since December 2019. I did three solo cruises that year plus one with DH. He's decided, though, not to take any more cruises while his mother is still alive. (She's 94.) He's an only child and doesn't want to be away if she has any health emergencies. I sort of understand. When my mother was still alive, I always coordinated our vacations with my brother so that one of us would be in town for her if she needed us.

There's a great live thread from the first cruise back of the Majestic Princess happening this week. Reading it is one of the things that influenced me to book this cruise. 

1 hour ago, geoherb said:

I booked the Majestic Princess to Alaska for 8/22/21 this week. The single supplement was running 50% more than the per person double occupancy fare--but my travel agent offered it at 33% more plus a little bit of OBC. It's my first cruise since December 2019. I did three solo cruises that year plus one with DH. He's decided, though, not to take any more cruises while his mother is still alive. (She's 94.) He's an only child and doesn't want to be away if she has any health emergencies. I sort of understand. When my mother was still alive, I always coordinated our vacations with my brother so that one of us would be in town for her if she needed us.

There's a great live thread from the first cruise back of the Majestic Princess happening this week. Reading it is one of the things that influenced me to book this cruise. 

Geoherb:

If you think of it, please post your impressions of the Majestic after you get home. I'm on the ship in early October, once it repositions to L.A. Like you, I'm married but sailing solo.

Jim

12 minutes ago, jimdee3636 said:

Geoherb:

If you think of it, please post your impressions of the Majestic after you get home. I'm on the ship in early October, once it repositions to L.A. Like you, I'm married but sailing solo.

Jim

I plan to write a live thread over on the Princess board during my cruise. I will try to remember to copy and paste some pertinent parts over here on the solo board.

19 hours ago, geoherb said:

I plan to write a live thread over on the Princess board during my cruise. I will try to remember to copy and paste some pertinent parts over here on the solo board.

Excellent, please post the solo bits here! I'll be solo on the September 5 Majestic cruise as my first Princess experience.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, cruiseelady said:

I am booked on MSC Meraviglia out of Miami for a 7 days cruise for September 25 2021.  I had never been on MSC but $500 for 7 days and a balcony stateroom.  I had to do it. 

Me 2! I'm on the Aug 27th sailing and doing a B2B. $638 for a 7-day cruise In a balcony (solo)  I couldn' t say 'no"  Normally, 7-day cruises have been running me around. $2K.

15 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

Me 2! I'm on the Aug 27th sailing and doing a B2B. $638 for a 7-day cruise In a balcony (solo)  I couldn' t say 'no"  Normally, 7-day cruises have been running me around. $2K.

Yes exactly pretty incredible prices now.  I actually want to book for January which will cost $551 for a 7 days cruise for a balcony but not sure if I should do it now or onboard.  Someone mentioned you get onboard credit if you book onboard. 

Since you are going sooner please let know if they have a solo meet and greet on a daily.  Someone mentioned that they didn't see it on their August 2nd cruise. 

Edited by cruiseelady
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cruiseelady said:

Yes exactly pretty incredible prices now.  I actually want to book for January which will cost $551 for a 7 days cruise for a balcony but not sure if I should do it now or onboard.  Someone mentioned you get onboard credit if you book onboard. 

Since you are going sooner please let know if they have a meet and greet on a daily.  Someone mentioned that they didn't see it on their August 2nd cruise. 

Yeah, I think you're right. You get OBC if you book your next cruise onboard. I'm on the roll call for the Aug 27th cruise but  I don't remember seeing anything about a meet & greet.  @GA Dave, have you seen whether our cruise will have a M&G? I may attempt to do a LIVE review of these cruises. Stay tuned.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MorganClark said:

Yeah, I think you're right. You get OBC if you book your next cruise onboard. I'm on the roll call for the Aug 27th cruise but  I don't remember seeing anything about a meet & greet.  @GA Dave, have you seen whether our cruise will have a M&G? I may attempt to do a LIVE review of these cruises. Stay tuned.

Not really interested in regular meet and greet but might ask if anyone wants to do a meet and greet just for solos.  I would go to that one.  I will ask the say on the Facebook roll call for September 25. 

• Like 1