Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

20 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

Recent widow, DH died in March. I had to take him off 3 cruises. My sister is going with me on June 25th Infinity cruise and I will do my first solo on September17th on Celebrity Equinox. We had lots of FCC to use up and Celebrity has been great about transferring to me and let me use some for my sister. Has anyone organized a solo cruise?  It would be nice to help all of recent solo’s get the courage to go it on our own. Some days I feel brave and others not so much. 

I feel exactly the same way. I want to go solo and book a cruise so badly but then I hesitate.

On 6/4/2022 at 10:31 PM, shippmates said:

It is on the Queen Mary 2 round trip out of NYC.  Yes it is 23 days.  There are stops in Germany, Southampton, Amsterdam and Belgium.  So sorry for your loss.  

Your cruise sounds wonderful! The Queen Mary, 23 days round trip and fabulous ports.  Have a great journey.

Edited by luvs2beachit
  • Like 1

Hi

I live in Mount Sinai on the north shore. I have a condo there.What cruise lines do you like ?

I prefer to cruise out of New York or Cape Liberty New Jersey. How about you?

I am familiar with where you live.  We used to have a beach house on the north shore until about 10 years ago.  I too love cruising out of the NYC area.  No planes and no luggage concerns.  I like Princess,  RCL, NCL and my current favorite is CCl because of the great deals I have recently gotten!

Hello everyone!

My name is Laura, and I am from Ukiah, CA.

I am going on my second solo cruise in September (Nat Geo/Lindblad Great Bear Rainforest Expedition 9/12/22-9/19/22).

My first solo cruise was also a Nat Geo Cruise, on the Sea Lion to Alaska (I do like colder climates, apparently) last year. 

Anyone also travelling solo on this trip, or has done it before?

I would love to chat about this line, if you have questions. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tinyrn said:

Hello everyone!

My name is Laura, and I am from Ukiah, CA.

I am going on my second solo cruise in September (Nat Geo/Lindblad Great Bear Rainforest Expedition 9/12/22-9/19/22).

My first solo cruise was also a Nat Geo Cruise, on the Sea Lion to Alaska (I do like colder climates, apparently) last year. 

Anyone also travelling solo on this trip, or has done it before?

I would love to chat about this line, if you have questions. 

I love Lindblad and have done a couple solo cruises with them.  Come visit the Lindblad section of the boards!  I sometimes feel like I'm the only person answering questions there, and it's been a few years since I've done a cruise with them.  Life circumstances and all that...  Doing an Alaska trip with them is definitely on my "to do" list.

• Like 1

Considering. Cruising solo on RCCL..Canada NE out of Boston..Oct 2...first time going solo but I meet people easily and am looking forward to the solitude.

I have a friend and one family member that may decide to join me but I have made it clear that I will not share a room🙂

• Like 2

On 6/21/2022 at 12:38 PM, nesila said:

Happy Summer everyone.

I'm considering doing a sailing in Aug, from NY preferably.

Is anyone traveling from NYC mid Aug? If so which cruise line?

I am doing a 15 day Princess cruise Aug. 15.

• Like 1

On 6/12/2022 at 6:16 PM, ranchette said:

I feel exactly the same way. I want to go solo and book a cruise so badly but then I hesitate.

I just got back from my cruise with my sister. I feel more empowered to go solo in September. I will be on Celebrity Equinox and I booked their bottom suite. I had lots of FCC to use. I have people telling me how can I do it alone but I told them I am alone, everyday all day and I don’t see that changing any time soon.  

• Like 2

On 6/12/2022 at 7:16 PM, ranchette said:

Hello>. New to this site but happy to be here.  My DH passed in June 2019 and with the pandemic , was home bound and going crazy for a year.and a half.  When the cruise line reopened, I decided I could stay home and sulk, or go traveling. So far Ive taken  6 trips around the US to start and found that I absolutely loved getting away and meeting people.I have made some good friends (some married, some not) along the way and even booked a cruise with one of them (separate cabins-same cruise).  Was nervous at first, but nothing to be nervous about.  Enjoy the freedom of movement. Forging ahead, I have a RCCL  New England cruise  Sept 29, An overseas cruise with Viking  (Amsterdam - Basil )in November, and a Christmas/New Years cruise on Celebrity. 

Edited by Missymo
  • Like 4

On 6/4/2022 at 10:20 AM, ranchette said:

Recently widowed looking to cruise out of new York or New Jersey with other solo travelers. Never traveled solo before and am a little uncomfortable going solo.

Sorry for your loss. Starting with home port cruise is a great start. .  Once you acclimate yourself to cruising, spread your wings.  I have alway found new friends while sailing.  Some are long lasting too. I am leaving on RCCL Adventure of the Seas  Sept 29 out of Port Liberty to see New England as I have never been there , and always wanted to see the changing of the leaves. 

• Like 1

Hi everyone.  I have been looking for a cruise for the past two months for fall.  Finally found one today for an amazing price. Booked MSC Divina today, guaranteed balcony for $640 which includes taxes and fees. Plus right now they are giving you a large amount of OBS.  I got 200 bucks OBC.  Insides and ocean views are getting $100.  Going September 4th out of Port Canaveral. I prefer going from NY , my home port but I could not find anything well priced. 

I only once traveled with MSC but fell in love with their private island.  The best private island I have been to. This particular cruise is staying there for two days plus of course other ports. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, jimdee3636 said:

@cruiseelady

I hope you'll post a review here---even just a short one---of what it was like to go solo on an MSC ship. I, for one, would be interested in knowing. Thanks.

Jim

Last year I did a solo cruise on MSC Meriviglia.  It was my first first MSC cruise.  I went in September they had about 35% capacity.  The ship its self was huge and honestly the most beautiful ship I had ever seen. The shows were great, although a bit too loud for my comfort.  The food was ok, some things were better then others.  I only at at the buffet.  I wanted to to try sushi, and paid for that.  It was ok.  They also offered crepes for a fee.  It was about 9 bucks, that tasted bad.  I actually threw more then half in the trash and I am not even fussy about food.  The ice cream and gelatos were also for a fee, I tried it once and it was nice just not cheap.  

I kind of stayed to myself and didn't really hang out with anyone.  Just a short chat here and there.  It was relaxing and nice. 

• Like 2