Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

Hi, I'm Teresa from Atlanta. Love solo cruising and I do it when I can find a great deal...I've done about 10 so far. I cruise with family and friends also, but I must admit that solo is my preferred method ;)

I too got in on the great solo balcony deal on the 10 Nov RCCL Navigator TA...my second TA and I can't wait!

Also got in on a great Princess Sapphire deal for next spring, so will do a B2B2B on 31 Mar, 4 Apr, & 7 Apr

Teresa

Hi! I did my first solo last year and loved it! It was also my first 14-day repositioning cruise. Met alot of people that have become friends. We had so much fun, that 70 of us have booked another 14-day repo cruise for 2014. They are more relaxing because you have more sea days between ports. There are less kids on board also. I think I counted about 12 that were sailing with their parents. I don't think I can go back to a 7 or 10 day cruise again! Ted

That cruise from Boston to New Orleans sounds great. But with a couple of extra days in NOLA it would be too long a vacation for me. (Wish I could but I can't be away that long) I will have to settle on the 9 day repositioning cruise of the Carnival Dream from Port Canaveral to NOLA on April 5th. I can't book it just yet but I am hopeful that I can go.

Solo cruising is great fun!

You meet lots of nice people, and the ones your not too keen on you can move on ;-)

I really enjoyed my first solo cruise last year... I was totally selfish and did what I wanted to, WHEN I wanted to :-)

Very excited about my next trip!

Happy solo cruising!!

Kyle, You won't regret booking the Boston to NOLA repo cruise! Wait for their free upgrade sale. I got a balcony for the price of an OV! $1,800.00 total with port charges , taxes, and insurance! Ted

Thanks Ted. I wish had taken the Star repo from NY to NOLA last year and been thinking of itinerary every since! But I wasn't a cruise addict back then :p.

This is my first trip as a solo. Have done single cruise back in 2007 with a singles oriented cruise company. Wasn't the best experience but it got me hooked on cruising

It has been 3 yrs since I have cruised and going very stir crazy.

Looking forward to Sun, Sand and Studio living

I'm looking forward to this one. Just a lovely 15 day itinerary.

I'll actually be doing it as the back half of a btb. I'll be doing a 7 day Caribbean out of FLL before it, but I'm waiting to book a ship (3 available) until after final payments, hoping for a good deal.

1) Dec 7, 2013: Celebrity Infinity - Ft. Lauderdale through Panama Canal to Santiago, Chile

2) March 16, 2014: HAL Statendam - San Diego to Lima, Peru

3) May 24, 2014: MSC Divina - Miami to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

WooHoo...Can't wait!!! :D

That cruise from Boston to New Orleans sounds great. But with a couple of extra days in NOLA it would be too long a vacation for me. (Wish I could but I can't be away that long) I will have to settle on the 9 day repositioning cruise of the Carnival Dream from Port Canaveral to NOLA on April 5th. I can't book it just yet but I am hopeful that I can go.

11-07-2014 is on a Friday when it leaves Boston. The Dawn will arrive in NOLA at 8 am on Friday 11-21-2014, which means you can stay the W/E in NOLA! Just my way of looking at it!:D lol Ted.

Thanks Ted. I wish had taken the Star repo from NY to NOLA last year and been thinking of itinerary every since! But I wasn't a cruise addict back then :p.

Kyle, I have found from NCL's sailing calendar (2013-2014) that if the Dawn repos from NOLA back to Boston it will be Sunday, April 19, 2015. Just a little down-time info to put on your 2015 calendar!:rolleyes:

Hi folks! Setting sail in a couple weeks! I'm a single solo female in my 30's, and this is my first truly solo cruise (shared an assigned quad before on a small ship). I love traveling solo in general, so hoping a cruise experience will be similar. Can't wait! For me part of the adventure is meeting new people you wouldn't have a chance to meet otherwise. You definitely can have a great time traveling with friends, but the really good memories for me always come when I step out on my own. Hoping to find some fellow camera nerds on board too! :cool: Happy cruising to all!

Peyton

Hi,

I'm Jim From Ft. Lauderdale, FL. I'm a 75 yr. old widower. My wife & I loved to cruise, and I still like it. This will be my 4th solo cruise. I like going with others, but few are able or willing to cruise often. It is nice to be able to "do your own thing". This will be my second transatlantic in a row, and I love the many sea days they afford. A particular benefit to taking the Westbound TA's are the many 25 hour sea days we can enjoy.

Hi, my name is Margie, I will be taking my first solo cruise on Breakaway on August 4th, 2013 it was not how I planned it but friends were unable to go, I was so looking forward to cruising that I decided to go anyway.

Both nervous and excited, can't wait.

Happy cruising everyone!!!

Hi, I'm Celeste. I'm 57, a retired Postmaster, and haven't cruised solo yet as I was recently widowed. I booked the Enchantment of the Seas for a three day cruise to the Bahamas from Port Canaveral on 9/13 intending for this to be my first solo but then a friends asked to join me. OK, so first solo cruise is still in the future! Since I can travel on 48 hours of notice from any Florida port, I'm hoping to find some bargains!

Hi,

Great thread! I am Paula, almost 65, divorced, and my favorite thing other than being with my granddaughter...is cruising!

I have cruised alone, however shared a quad cabin back in the late 80's with girls I didn't know beforehand. I have cruised with family and friends too. I cruised once with a lady I met through a travel site, and it didn't turn out so well. We pretty much did our own thing anyway, which was a good thing..haha.

Now, I am going on my first totally solo cruise October 20, 2013. I am excited, since I have found out what it is like to be almost alone on a ship...LOL...I think I will have a great time just doing what I want, when I want. I can meet people easily, but I don't like to tag along and become third or fifth wheel...know what I mean, unless it is mutually welcomed. If invited, I will do things with people I meet, if it looks like a good safe time.

I most likely will take ship's excursions if alone. When I have been with friends or family, we usually found our own excursions to do. I certainly don't want to be left at the dock as the ship sails away without me...

I hope to find a few people on my sailing to at least talk to. I usually go to the meet and greet, and end up seeing some of them around the ship. It makes for friendly conversation.

My 4th solo cruise. I'm a little nervous about the Freestyle dining, which is a first for me. Hopefully I'll get to meet other solo's at the lounge to have dinner with.

I also have 4 other cruises booked through April 2015.

NCL Dawn - April 6, 2014

Explorer - September 20th & 25th 2014

Quantum - April 24, 2015

I try to plan one fall and one spring cruise, and try to cruise out of NY/NJ to avoid having to deal with airports.

Hi, I'm Pat from Maryland and I have cruised solo since 2000, generally on Celebrity. As an avid reader, I always carry a book with me (even to dinner in case there's a lull in others arriving). Often other passengers will start up a conversation by saying, "what are you reading", and usually a lively and interesting conversation ensues. For excursions that are long and there is a danger of missing the ship, I usually do the ship's excursions. However, will sometimes do independent tours that I learn about on the CC boards or Trip Advisor. Many times, explore with others (couples and singles) met on board. Of course, when touring on our own, safety is important. Always be aware of the surroundings. Solo is fun, relaxing and very rewarding. Enjoy!

Hi, I'm Barb and I'll be on this cruise--my 3rd solo transatlantic but my first cruise on Azamara. I'm also spending a couple of days pre-cruise in Seville. Would love to chat with any other solos on this cruise. I'm in my early 50s, for whatever that is worth. :)

Hi, I'm Celeste. I'm 57, a retired Postmaster, and haven't cruised solo yet as I was recently widowed. I booked the Enchantment of the Seas for a three day cruise to the Bahamas from Port Canaveral on 9/13 intending for this to be my first solo but then a friends asked to join me. OK, so first solo cruise is still in the future! Since I can travel on 48 hours of notice from any Florida port, I'm hoping to find some bargains!

Hi, Celeste. Sorry for your loss.

I am glad you found this thread. I have found that there are a lot of great people traveling solo who post on the CC boards.

Be sure to look in the Roll Calls list to see if one has been created for your cruise and join it. And enjoy your cruise!

Hello All~

My name is Michael age 28 from Knoxville, TN. I am also divorced and love to cruise.

Cruised on a b2b 3day/4day last fall and had a blast! Truly enjoyed the experience. I did take me 2-3 days to understand how to have fun-solo.

I have a 7 day upcoming on the Grandeur of the Seas and know I will be ready day 1!

Most people kinda give you weird looks when I tell them I'm solo, but I just tell them I love to cruise! I will go with or without friends/loved ones! :D

My name is Gloria, I am cruising solo - well sort of ... my 15 year old son will be with me but as he is very independent he will most likely be off doing his own thing most of the time.

I am a single mom of two wonderful kiddos - one is 6 years old and the other will be 15 at the time we go on the cruise.

I went on my very first cruise ever back in March of this year on the Ecstasy for a 4 night cruise and I went on that one solo. I had an amazing time!! I will admit there were times where I felt a bit lonely and isolated but that was my fault not Carnival's in any way! Once I got up the nerve to actually start talking to all the complete strangers and realized that they were all very nice for the most part I was much more comfortable with the entire situation and i was able to relax and enjoy myself.

I am taking my son on the one in October as a birthday surprise for him and not sure if I'm more excited about seeing his reaction when he realizes that we are going on a cruise or about the cruise itself lol.... He knows that we are flying to Florida and are going to "a beach or two" but doesnt know anything beyond that. He wont know that we are going on a cruise until we are actually on board the ship... I am going to try really hard to keep a straight face while i tell him that we are just tour the ship then "oops we didnt get off the ship on time" and try to play it out as long as possible before surprising him at dinner with a birthday cake and the staff singing happy birthday to him :)

Great Thread! I am in my early 50's (as someone said earlier, "the new 40!!") I like to get out of the cold North in December, and prefer to cruise to a warm climate at Xmas time. The Emerald will be doing the Eastern Caribbean and this will be my 3rd Xmas in a row on the beautiful Emerald Princess. Hope to meet other solo cruisers on this trip.

Hi, I'm Lagree age 47 (feel 27), single,I will be taking my third solo cruise on the Halloween sailing of the Carnival Dream. As long as I can find someone to dance with I will have a blast!