Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

Hi everyone,

I will be on the NCL Pearl. This will be my 4th cruise solo. I am in my mid 50's. The first time I felt very uncomfortable but after that I started to reach out and make it work and now I absolutely enjoy it. The only thing I don't like is eating alone, but that does not happen too often because I ways get to join great people.

Edited by gizmo911

would love to do solo, a little intimating plus my family would think I'm nuts.

If your family members like to cruise with you (and you want to also) that's fine. You can go off on your own when you want to on a cruise (unlike other vacations). But for total freedom, nothing is like cruising solo.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Last week, I booked my 6th solo cruise, this time on the NCL Jewel. I still get nervous about cruising solo but those fears usually disappear once on board.

Took my sister and brother-in-law on a April cruise and had fun. It is hard in family to get everyone together as some are overseas and my younger sister has no vacation time and can only travel when schools are out.

For me, I find that going to the CC Meet & Greet usually helps me meet other people some of which I may share a shore excursion with.

Found that are is at least one fell Scottish person on this cruise.

where do you find information for the meet and greets? I am cruising in less than two weeks and haven't found one.

Have you checked out the roll call for your trip yet? That is where you will find the meet & greet information if one has been scheduled. You just go to the roll call section for the line you are sailing with, find the ship you are sailing on, and then look for your sailing date, and you should find the roll call for your trip.

Looks like I am solo for this 11-night cruise. Booked it in March, and two weeks later my wife left. The cruise is mostly paid for, and I always go away that time of the year anyway so . . .

Still looking forward to the cruise.

Alan (and not Leslie!)

Alan (and not Leslie!)

I don't mean to chuck at your expense, but I did get a giggle out of how you signed your name. Seriously, though, sorry to hear about the split. Been there, done that. Enjoy your cruise!

Looks like I am solo for this 11-night cruise. Booked it in March, and two weeks later my wife left. The cruise is mostly paid for, and I always go away that time of the year anyway so . . .

Still looking forward to the cruise.

Alan (and not Leslie!)

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. Been there also. No better way to get on with your life than to keep on cruising.

Hi, I'm Barb and I'll be on this cruise--my 3rd solo transatlantic but my first cruise on Azamara. I'm also spending a couple of days pre-cruise in Seville. Would love to chat with any other solos on this cruise. I'm in my early 50s, for whatever that is worth. :)

Hi Barb. Hi other solo cruisers. I'm Cindy from Toronto - early 50s also). I've done quite a few solo cruises, including The Azamara one you are doing Barb. Only it was the opposite direction. It was March 2013. Nice cruise for meeting other solo cruisers!

Where are you from?

Do you ever look for cabinmates? I am going on Celebrity (my all time favorite cruiseline) Sun. Aug. 11, 2013 (2 more days) and NCL Star Oct. 1, 2013.

I'd love to share but only in a stateroom with a balcony (so one can always have their own space ....pretty much).

Hi Barb. Hi other solo cruisers. I'm Cindy from Toronto - early 50s also). I've done quite a few solo cruises, including The Azamara one you are doing Barb. Only it was the opposite direction. It was March 2013. Nice cruise for meeting other solo cruisers!

Where are you from?

Do you ever look for cabinmates? I am going on Celebrity (my all time favorite cruiseline) Sun. Aug. 11, 2013 (2 more days) and NCL Star Oct. 1, 2013.

I'd love to share but only in a stateroom with a balcony (so one can always have their own space ....pretty much).

Hi Cindy. I am from Toronto also. AND Celebrity is my favourite cruise line too. I will be going on Princess next month for the first time and it seems that Princess may be at the same level as Celebrity. Hope it is. Then I will have TWO favourite cruise lines.

I leave on Saturday for my next solo cruise:D....I have lost count....but

it is #30something;)..flying to NJ and sailing on Sunday to Bermuda!:D

Whooo hoo! Me too! I'm in Aqua Class No.1118. Give me a shout when you're settled in onboard if you like. Celebrity gave me an amazing upgrade. I LOVE CELEBRITY. Out of about 22 cruises I've been on, Celebrity is my favorite of the large franchise cruiselines. Sad to say, though that this will be only my 4th on Celebrity. 'Sad' is not the best word to use. Just being able to have the good fortune to cruise should (and is) enough to be grateful for.

Have you checked out the Roll Call board?

Have you sailed out of Jacksonville yet? Any good prices?

Great resident rates. I just booked a D2 $1200 including tax and port charges for a balcony solo. There is also a savings certificate, that saved me another $150, and I booked with a NCC for $100 OBC. I was originally booked on the Breakaway for the same date, but this deal is too good to pass up. The Breakaway will have to wait.

Are you interested in cutting that cost in half? I'm coming back from a transatlantic on the 13th and was hoping to catch another cruise before heading back to Toronto. I am very much a 'do my own thing' type of person, fyi.

Hi Cindy. I am from Toronto also. AND Celebrity is my favourite cruise line too. I will be going on Princess next month for the first time and it seems that Princess may be at the same level as Celebrity. Hope it is. Then I will have TWO favourite cruise lines.

Truly.... I went on one Princess cruise (Ruby) Transatlantic Oct. 2011 and found it to be right up there with Celebrity. I'll have to look back in the thread to see which Princess cruise you're going on.

Where are you from?

Hi back Cindy, I moved from Iowa to Florida last fall and I'm loving it down here, even in the hot and steamy summer! I am very much looking forward to my Azamara cruise and I'm glad to hear there should be lots of solos onboard. I think transatlantics tend to have lots of solos due to the lower prices compared to most other cruises--easier to afford a cabin to ourselves that way.

Honestly, for me, now that I've done solo cruises I don't think I'm interested in sharing with anyone who isn't a significant other or a close family member--I like the freedom too much. :)

Hi Margie:) yes, I am ready..:D hope you have a wonderful time too:)

Hi Lois thank you for your encouraging words regarding my first solo cruise.

Well let me say that I had a great time, met some great people, staying in the studio cabins made a huge difference, we had 2 cruise host meet us every evening from 5-6 pm, from there if we wanted to do something together we would. we met on sea days as well as on port days.

Did the 3 day bus and ferry pass, had a chance to travel the island. It was great can't wait to do it again!!!

Hope you had a great time on your cruise as well.

Margie