Cozumel Wedding Planners/Mr. Sancho's

• 3 months later...
Hello!

This thread has been very helpful! I'm looking to take a cruise from Tampa to Cozumel and get married on the island. The photos look amazing! Does anyone have tips on what time of year to book the cruise/wedding?

One thing to consider is the weather at the time of year. You can do some research and fin dout based on the port and the time of year how likely they are to miss the port.

Hello!

This thread has been very helpful! I'm looking to take a cruise from Tampa to Cozumel and get married on the island. The photos look amazing! Does anyone have tips on what time of year to book the cruise/wedding?

Our wedding took place in January, and it was quite warm! Especially coming from the -20*F temperatures of the Midwest. Most cruises stop going to the caribbean during the heat of the summer, so I would say anytime that's not June-August or rainy season.

For anyone who is interested, check out the pro pics from our wedding day at Mr. Sancho's in Cozumel! It was so great! There are a ton of pics, so hopefully anyone who is considering this location can get a good idea of the venue.

http://saltandlightphoto.com/blog/?p=1867

Your wedding looked amazing! It has been my fiancé and my dream to have a wedding on the beach in Cozumel... however, we have stubborn immediate family that refuse to travel with us to do a destination wedding. Your wedding is exactly what I would have imagined... so beautiful!

Our compromise was a cruise wedding on embarkation day so that they can leave and the rest of us can cruise away.

Congrats on your big day!

Your wedding looked amazing! It has been my fiancé and my dream to have a wedding on the beach in Cozumel... however, we have stubborn immediate family that refuse to travel with us to do a destination wedding. Your wedding is exactly what I would have imagined... so beautiful!

Our compromise was a cruise wedding on embarkation day so that they can leave and the rest of us can cruise away.

Congrats on your big day!

Aww thank you! Maybe you two could plan a private symbolic ceremony just the two of you when you arrive in Cozumel? That would be so romantic!

I'm sure your wedding day will be wonderful - it sounds like a good compromise!

• 4 weeks later...

@AdventurousCruiser07 - I have seen a thread SOMEWHERE where the OP talks about some kind of a collapsible "trolley" for carrying around all their stuff (including dresses, bringing canned drinks aboard, etc.) and was wondering if that was you or if you had seen that post? I do want to thank you again for all your input and help!

@AdventurousCruiser07 - I have seen a thread SOMEWHERE where the OP talks about some kind of a collapsible "trolley" for carrying around all their stuff (including dresses, bringing canned drinks aboard, etc.) and was wondering if that was you or if you had seen that post? I do want to thank you again for all your input and help!

Sycofaery, I'm really sorry but I haven't seen that post and I'm not sure of the answer! Maybe someone else will be able to help you out, or you could post a new thread?

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone,

Some of you may be aware of my story. I'm having to change my entire wedding due to taking a new cruise. For those of you that we're married at Mr. Sanchos, did you receive a sectioned off area for your group? Maybe in the garden area? I would be purchasing open bar and a buffet. How did you like the food? I want my guest to enjoy themselves but also have a little area for just my party.

Email me any suggestions or photos pleasec- dmfrazer88@gmail.com

I'm trying to re-plan an entire wedding, with 56 gifts, in a few days!

Thank you so much for all your help,

Dawn

@bridetobe15

Yes, at Mr. Sancho's you have the garden area and immediate beachfront to yourselves for your wedding. If you watch my wedding video posted above, it should give you a pretty good idea of the layout. Off to the right you can see the inflatables in the ocean, but they're a good 1/4+ mile away. Occasionally you may have a watercraft cross in the ocean behind you, but the garden is the end of the resort & there's nothing beyond it, so there's little motivation for many people to come that way.

I thought the open bar was fantastic, and the food was quite good as well. We were also impressed by the wedding cake! We didn't do a buffet, but rather 4 hot & 4 cold appetizers. The appetizers were more like tapas and were quite filling, especially with the 4 course dinner later on the cruise ship.

Good luck with wedding planning!

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...
Loved your wedding! What bar option did you do? I see you guys have like frozen drinks? Thank you!

Hi! I'm going to guess that I'm way too late in replying to be helpful to you (sorry!!) but maybe someone else will find this helpful!

I selected the Open Bar Call for 3 hours option (not Premium). I attached the link to the bar list - as you can see, the premium options are very nice, but the call are more than adequate, and included mixed drinks, frozen drinks, water, soft drinks, etc. Everyone really enjoyed the frozen drinks - it wasn't exactly 'sip on a nice scotch' weather at midday!

http://cozumelweddingplanner.com/sanchosmenus/#1470329601612-53c29e74-383a

No! It's not to late! We don't get married until September 21st so thank you for responding! 😜 I'd love to hear more about your dos & donts. Your "must haves" & your "don't stress" planning from far away is so hard but I appreciate everything I can get from you. How was the hair dresser? Did you book transportation for your guest? How much time did you reserve & did you feel it was enough? Thank you! 😘

Hi! I'm going to guess that I'm way too late in replying to be helpful to you (sorry!!) but maybe someone else will find this helpful!

I selected the Open Bar Call for 3 hours option (not Premium). I attached the link to the bar list - as you can see, the premium options are very nice, but the call are more than adequate, and included mixed drinks, frozen drinks, water, soft drinks, etc. Everyone really enjoyed the frozen drinks - it wasn't exactly 'sip on a nice scotch' weather at midday!

http://cozumelweddingplanner.com/sanchosmenus/#1470329601612-53c29e74-383a

We're getting marri d on the same day 😊😊😊 are you getting married in Cozumel or on the ship? We're actually getting legally married here at home and just doing a commitment ceremony in Cozumel!

Hello everyone, did you get your marriage license and certificate through the cruise line? My wedding is 9-21-2017 and I live in Iowa I just want to make sure we will not have problems with anything.

We're getting marri d on the same day 😊😊😊 are you getting married in Cozumel or on the ship? We're actually getting legally married here at home and just doing a commitment ceremony in Cozumel!

We are getting married in Cozumel. Having the cruise line and the wedding experience take care of everything. They told me there was another wedding that day. Will you be on the cruise as well? Did you book the bridal room at Cozumel? If not then there is another wedding.

Yes, we will be on the cruise :) the 6 day on Carnival Vista. I did book the bridal room. Our ceremony starts at 1. We are doing everything through Cozumel Wedding Planner.

We are getting married in Cozumel. Having the cruise line and the wedding experience take care of everything. They told me there was another wedding that day. Will you be on the cruise as well? Did you book the bridal room at Cozumel? If not then there is another wedding.

Yes, we will be on the cruise :) the 6 day on Carnival Vista. I did book the bridal room. Our ceremony starts at 1. We are doing everything through Cozumel Wedding Planner.

Booking through Cozumel wedding planner. There is a chance of not making port correct and going to a different one they can change any time. Since we are traveling during hurricane season that is what I am most worried about. In the case booking through them what would happen?

The wedding experience and the cruise makes other arrangements.

Ugh yes, I was so worrried by that as well but then I said screw it. But I didn't like what the cruise line had to offer as far as getting married at the destination. I can't remember what happens, I think nothing 😷 Just im just gonna hope and pray that everything goes perfect luz i think they told me they've only ever cancelled 1 wedding. Just hoping and praying for everything to stay as is 😩

Booking thorough Cozumel wedding planner. There is a chance of not making port correct and going to a different one they can change any time. Since we are traveling during hurricane season that is what I am most worried about. In the case booking through them what would happen?

The wedding experience and the cruise makes other arrangements.

It was somewhere between $5,000-$7,000. I forget where we finally ended up after fine tuning everything. There were things that I splurged on and definitely places where cutting back would be doable. They are really flexible with customization and in my experience would be happy to help you create the wedding that's best for you. Seriously, I couldn't say enough good things.On their website, you can create your package through one of the tabs at the top of the page. This doesn't commit you to anything, and will give you a more precise idea of what it would cost.

Did you get married, receive you license and certificate though Mr. Sancho as well? We are having the cruise line and the wedding experience handle the planning. Our wedding will be this September 2017. And I just want to make sure everything goes smoothly.

No this is not my first cruise. I've actually done this same itinerary before. I don't know of anyone, sorry :( I just didn't like the rooms on board of whee you can get married, they're very dark. I feel like the photography is way expensive and the quality stinks. They use artificial flowers and if you request real they are outrageous. I don't like the food they offer. I had originally booked through the cruise line and paid everything but then i requested a refund when I discovered Cozumel wedding planner. They are very affordable considering what you're getting and that they plan everything. I got my own photographer, not through them because i didn't like their option either.

Is this your first cruise. It is mine. Do you know anyone who has gotten married through the cruise line that you can redirect me to. What didn't you like about the cruise line?

• 1 month later...
Hello everyone, did you get your marriage license and certificate through the cruise line? My wedding is 9-21-2017 and I live in Iowa I just want to make sure we will not have problems with anything.

I'm in Iowa and getting married on port day in Cozumel next month. We decided to do all the paperwork here and only took about 30 minutes and $35. It was stressing me out to try and get the license through Mexico. Now all we have to do is show up!