Vancouver B.C. to Hawaii

SANDEE

Good Morning,

We are thinking of booking the Oct. 2nd 2014 cruise out of Vancouver to Hawaii. We won't need to fly but my question is : Would it be best to go in the day before and where to stay? Also what does one do with their car for 15days?

If anyone has done this any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sandy

Good Morning,

We are thinking of booking the Oct. 2nd 2014 cruise out of Vancouver to Hawaii. We won't need to fly but my question is : Would it be best to go in the day before and where to stay? Also what does one do with their car for 15days?

Thanks,

Sandy

I believe that Princess has information on your itinerary that details directions to the port and possibly would have parking information. Further they could probably direct you to a place to stay the night before the trip - and if you want to use their package, transfer you from the hotel to the ship (and the hotel might have parking facilities as well). Or, the Pan Pacific is right at the cruise terminal.

Good Morning,

Thanks,

Sandy

We are doing the same, except for on April 6, 2015! :) I have just started doing some research on hotels and parking ~ we plan on driving to Vancouver the day before. There is some good information on the West Coast Departure Board. I am really looking forward to ALL of those sea days to relax!

Good Morning,

Thanks,

Sandy

I did answer on the Grand post. Once we parked for 17 days with no extra charge.:)

john

We are doing the same, except for on April 6, 2015! :) I have just started doing some research on hotels and parking ~ we plan on driving to Vancouver the day before. There is some good information on the West Coast Departure Board. I am really looking forward to ALL of those sea days to relax!

Us too! We are taking the Grand from San Francisco to Hawaii next April, and as it turns out, we are adding on a 4 day BTB and sailing back up Vancouver right after! We love the sea days, lots of time to relax, take part in activities, etc.

John's idea to stay in Richmond near the airport is a great idea, as many of the hotels have free parking, and shuttles to the airport.

Julia:)

There is a thread in the West Coast departures all about Vancouver. There are hotels locally that allow you to stay there for the night before and leave the car parked. Accent Inn has a special to do so. They also can include transportation to the cruise. There are others that do so. The parking at the pier is very costly. Cheaper to stay at a local hotel and leave the car.

Another option is to take the Amtrak Cascades up to Vancouver and back, and just leave the car at home. I've done it several times going to and from Vancouver for cruises, and it works reasonably well.

I have been looking at the Grand's activities in April 2015 too.

john

I have been looking at the Grand's activities in April 2015 too.

john

We have never booked a cruise so far in advance before! I love to research and plan ~ this gives me lots of time to do that. :D Plus - we wanted a certain aft mini-suite!

Archived