Can sky suite guest eat in Blu?

Tony UK

Can suite guests opt to eat in Blu for breakfast and dinner? Can they vary by eating some nights in select dining in the main dining room and some nights in Blu? How are the tips sorted out??

Any help appreciated!

Yes, you are entitled to eat in Blu for both breakfast and dinner. Technically speaking, dinner is on a "space available" but we've never been turned away. You can mix it up. We do the autotip where our gratuities are deducted every day so I can't help you on that one except to say that we gave our two waiters at Blu (we always seemed to have the same ones, which was really nice) and at the MDR (we signed up for fixed seating so there too we always had the same waiters) a little extra on the last night because they were so good.

You can if they have room but it's not a guarantee

When we ate in Blu then decided to eat in MDR, we had to use select dining and prepay the gratuities but the MTD of the MDR was very unhappy, telling us we were to eat in Blu and we refused. The hotel director had told us we could do it so suggested he ring the HD to confirm - we were soon let in to the MDR.

You can always eat breakfast in Blu, but dinner is on a space available basis only. We have been on several cruises where they have had to turn awau suite guests due to the number of Aqua Class guests eating there. You can return at a later time and try again, but many had to just go to the MDR. It seems to be hit and miss depending on the cruise.

Can suite guests opt to eat in Blu for breakfast and dinner? Can they vary by eating some nights in select dining in the main dining room and some nights in Blu? How are the tips sorted out??

Any help appreciated!

Based on our bad experience of trying to dine in blu as a suite guest, I would check with the MaitreD as to his/her guidelines. We were well aware that we could be seated based on availability but were told that we had to make a reservation and could only dine from 5pm to 6:45. We were seated each time we went but the maitre d was not at all pleasant with us.

We were two couples, each in a RS, on Equinox Med cruise last year and were never turned away from Blu. In fact, our butler checked every morning to see if were eating somewhere else or if we wanted him to make a reservation for us in Blu. Maybe we just got lucky? PS - one evening DH and I decided to try the MDR and we were able to sit at our assigned window table for 2 with no problem whatsoever ... other than the wait staff wondered who the heck we were! LOL

Thanks everyone. We are already booked in select dining. My husband has upgraded us to our first suite as it will be our ruby wedding on the cruise. I am clearer now on our dining options. Now......what to do with the butler....????

Thanks everyone. We are already booked in select dining. My husband has upgraded us to our first suite as it will be our ruby wedding on the cruise. I am clearer now on our dining options. Now......what to do with the butler....????

Congratulations on your anniversary!!!! enjoy the cruise and the sky suite!:):)

We were with you on the Med cruise and had no problem eating in Blu every night because we went early. For our next cruise (2014 on Silhouette) we booked a Sky Suite because we liked the one on the Equinox so much, but we want to try the MDR. I booked a table for two for 6:15. How did you get a table by the window? Did you ask when you booked? Hope to see you again.

We were with you on the Med cruise and had no problem eating in Blu every night because we went early. For our next cruise (2014 on Silhouette) we booked a Sky Suite because we liked the one on the Equinox so much, but we want to try the MDR. I booked a table for two for 6:15. How did you get a table by the window? Did you ask when you booked? Hope to see you again.

Hey, Doreen! How are you and Gary??? :) Jeanne (Gracie115) and I were literally just talking about you guys a few days ago, discussing your corner SS. The four of us are booked on the 12/14 sailing on Eclipse, both in SS but not aft (none available).

As far as getting a table by the window, I just requested it and that's what we got. We're only Select so it certainly had nothing to do with our Captain's Club level. Maybe because we were in a RS?? I have no clue. Anyway, yes, I'd just request it and see what happens. When you get on the ship, check with the maître d' for the MDR and see where your table is and if it's not a window, ask if they can change you. Good luck!

And yes, I do hope we can sail together again!

Barb

Hi Barb, Thanks for your quick reply! I will try to get a window table when we board. The excursions you booked for all of us were the greatest! We did a Princess partial Panama Canal cruise in a mini-suite last Feb. which was nice, but could not compare with the Sky Suite! Have fun and hi to all.

Hi Barb, Thanks for your quick reply! I will try to get a window table when we board. The excursions you booked for all of us were the greatest! We did a Princess partial Panama Canal cruise in a mini-suite last Feb. which was nice, but could not compare with the Sky Suite! Have fun and hi to all.

Be sure to request a window table now and then double-check when you board.

And yes, I agree that the trip last year was awesome. Extremely glad we weren't dealing with all that's going on in Turkey now, that's for sure! :eek:

Archived