Included Excursions Question

TERRIER1

We are on the 7/25 Viking Homelands cruise. I was curious how Viking will handle the included excursions. Since ocean cruise ships often dock at piers away from the city center, will Viking run shuttle buses to the city center? Also, how does 928 people go on an excusion (lol)? Thanks.

Most of the shore excursions are already listed for each itinerary on the Viking Oceans website. In most ports the one and only free tour is a walking tour. Depending on your stateroom tours can be booked up to 90 days in advance, but if you have booked a Veranda stateroom you can only book once you are on board. Same for the specialty restaurants. I confirmed this directly with Viking. You would have to call and ask if shuttles will be offered and if they will be free.

We are on the 7/25 Viking Homelands cruise. I was curious how Viking will handle the included excursions. Since ocean cruise ships often dock at piers away from the city center, will Viking run shuttle buses to the city center? Also, how does 928 people go on an excusion (lol)? Thanks.

Since the "included" excursion in each city is basically a drive and or walk around I would think they load the buses at the pier and come back to the pier. Many people will have been to the cities before and probably not take the free tour.

Just a guess however.:confused:

Bear in mind also that Viking Star will be berthing very close to the action in many of these ports.

I emailed Viking and someone called me at home to answer my questions. I can't believe the service. Pretty cool. Good service.

Archived