Anyone cruising with Celebrity or Royal?

11dfr11

We are cruising the Med on Celebrity Reflection, May 12, 2014.

Never been on Celebrity but we've heard it's very nice. I'll report back after the cruise!!

We've been on one cruise so far with X -- a TA on the Eclipse last year. Absolutely loved the whole experience; in fact, we are booked on two more cruises with X, including a TA next month. Can't wait to go! (Both TAs, btw, are with Pied Piper. Our Baltics cruise next year will be our first "on our own" with X, so to speak.)

We have sailed on most of the major lines, our preferences ( in order ) are Sebourne, Cunard, Princess, Celebrity, HAL, RCCL, Carnival. The rest have no interest for us, but just because we have sailed on a few and were just not impressed, others have their opinion and we respect that.

We have attained the top tiers on several of the ines we sail and have to say that Princess, by far, has the best "perks" for their top tier (elite) passengers.

( 250-500 free internet minutes, free unlimited laundry, in cabin bar setup, vip lounge every evening {sadly no free drinks} and a Captains most traveled luncheon). I do like the Elite cocktail party on X as well.

Ed

It seems that all you gals and guys cruise Carnival and Princess for the most part.

We are going on December 12,2013 for a relaxing 4 night on Royal/Brilliance of the Seas. Come join or join us April 20,2014 for a TA from Fort Lauderdale to Civitevechia Rome with 6 pots for a total of 16 days.

Dale

Hi Dale,

I am on the November 16 sailing of the Brilliance of the Seas. I can't wait to see her after the refurb.

I am new to the Cruise Critic site and think it is a great way to connect with folks pre-cruise and in person onboard. Have 6 cruises booked through Jan 2015.

NCL Star 14 night LA to Miami Nov 24, 2013

Celebrity Silhouette 7 night RT FTL Eastern Caribbean Jan 5, 2014

Celebrity Silhouette 7 night RT FTL Western Caribbean Feb 23, 2014

NCL Jade 11 night RT Rome Mediterranean April 2014

NCL Star 14 night Transatlantic Copenhagen to Miami Oct 2, 2014

Celebrity Millennium 14 night RT Singapore Gems of Indonesia

Hope to meet some of you on board one of these cruises.

Mike;)

It seems that all you gals and guys cruise Carnival and Princess for the most part.

We are going on December 12,2013 for a relaxing 4 night on Royal/Brilliance of the Seas. Come join or join us April 20,2014 for a TA from Fort Lauderdale to Civitevechia Rome with 6 pots for a total of 16 days.

Dale

Michael (my partner) and I have done two cruises last year and this year with Celebrity in New Zealand/Australia and the Galapagos respectively. We are very happy with Celebrity.

We are going to South America on Celebrity Infinity on January 5, 2014. I have started a LGBT Roll Call on the Cruise Critic Community Forum. I think we have about ten LGBT people on this Roll Call now. If you are on the same cruise, you are most welcome to join us on this Roll Call. I also invite others to consider joining us on this cruise.

Have a good weekend, everyone.

--Terry

Hey Tom!!

We are on the Allure with you next week! We've signed up for a few of the events on our roll call. Look for us! :)

-Jason & Caleb

Hi Jason, & Caleb. Blake and I will look for you guys. We'll likely be at the sail-away gathering.....beads and all. LOL

Hi Jason, & Caleb. Blake and I will look for you guys. We'll likely be at the sail-away gathering.....beads and all. LOL

We don't have beads (yet), but are planning on going to the sail-away party too.

You guys flying in the day before the cruise? We're staying at the Hyatt Place 17th street Convention Center.

We don't have beads (yet), but are planning on going to the sail-away party too.

You guys flying in the day before the cruise? We're staying at the Hyatt Place 17th street Convention Center.

Hey Jason. NO BEADS??? Shhh....been told you could lose your gay card for that. ;-P We're also at the Hyatt, but Hyatt Pier 66 also on 17th. Not sure if the same location. We're arriving Friday about 1'ish. Weather permitting, we plan to use the Sun Trolley and water taxi in the area and up to Las Olas area. Our return flight is 6:40pm following Sunday. We have a rental car that day and may drive down to South Beach Miami. If convenient let's maybe meet around hotel after you arrive. We're pretty flexible on any plans. Hotel reg. under Odson, Tom in the Hyatt Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Hey Jason. NO BEADS??? Shhh....been told you could lose your gay card for that. ;-P We're also at the Hyatt, but Hyatt Pier 66 also on 17th. Not sure if the same location. We're arriving Friday about 1'ish. Weather permitting, we plan to use the Sun Trolley and water taxi in the area and up to Las Olas area. Our return flight is 6:40pm following Sunday. We have a rental car that day and may drive down to South Beach Miami. If convenient let's maybe meet around hotel after you arrive. We're pretty flexible on any plans. Hotel reg. under Odson, Tom in the Hyatt Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Caleb and I aren't your "regular" gays (whatever that means...), but perhaps we will add beads to the shopping list. :p

You are at the other Hyatt in Ft. Lauderdale, both are very close to the pier. We are arriving around 7:00 pm Saturday night. We have talked about hitting up the gay scene Saturday night as there are way more gay clubs and bars in FLL compared to Nashville, TN! It might be hard to buy drinks the night before since we bought the drink package for the the cruise!

Sorry, couldn't get my phone to function in reply mode. Who named these phones "Smart?" Ok, maybe it's just me. Anyway, Blake & I also aren't "regular" gays (again...whatever that means). I'm more into bar scene than Blake, but he doesn't drink. Darn...that means I get stuck drinking for 2. :)) I wanted to check out a few gay clubs. If you want some company Sat. night let me know. Sort of hate posting my email and cell # on a public forum. But you have my name and hotel. Wish this site allowed pvt. messages. Would be great to connect before the cruise.

Sorry, couldn't get my phone to function in reply mode. Who named these phones "Smart?" Ok, maybe it's just me. Anyway, Blake & I also aren't "regular" gays (again...whatever that means). I'm more into bar scene than Blake, but he doesn't drink. Darn...that means I get stuck drinking for 2. :)) I wanted to check out a few gay clubs. If you want some company Sat. night let me know. Sort of hate posting my email and cell # on a public forum. But you have my name and hotel. Wish this site allowed pvt. messages. Would be great to connect before the cruise.

If you are on twitter you can add me @jepoole

Or Facebook: facebook.com/jepoole

Jason, have tossed it around to get on FB and/or Tw but have not joined either as yet. Am I correct that CC does not permit pvt. messaging here? I did receive a pvt. but was from CC admin. when I joined. Any other creative option to connect? Tomorrow will be a B of a day but will see if I can look into FB.

Jason, have tossed it around to get on FB and/or Tw but have not joined either as yet. Am I correct that CC does not permit pvt. messaging here? I did receive a pvt. but was from CC admin. when I joined. Any other creative option to connect? Tomorrow will be a B of a day but will see if I can look into FB.

No worries... You can email me...

jasonpoole at gmail dot com

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hey Tom, we have been to the med before in 2010 and we fell in love with it. We decided to go back with some good friends of ours so we were going to to the western side with a stop in Rome that I really wanted to do but the air fair was so outrageous right before thanksgiving we decided to go earlier and picked this one. Venice and the Greek isles we have been to three of the islands but am so looking forward in showing our friends all. I was actually born in Athens and adopted when I was six month old and brought to the US so I so love going to Greece. Sometime would love to take the one you took. We are already looking for next year don't think we will do the med so many choices. Take care

Edited by scifimodelfan

• 3 weeks later...

Heading to FL to catch a ride on RCL Enchantment of the Seas for few days to the Bahamas. this will my first on RCL and have cruise on Carnival in the past to Cozumel and Alaska. This is my first vacation since I have been in the hospital 7 times since the beginning of the year. Just need some R&R in the sun and enjoy some beach and waterslide fun. Have another vacation planned for the holiday via rail to Quebec City Montreal and Toronto. Probably Palm Springs for spring break and then a trip to Ptown and a cruise sometime in July before my partner has to go back to work. He is teacher and I think next year is his last. I "retired" this year after having kidney failure and just walking flights of steps can be challenging. Hope I get a few hits by other lovers of Judy/Dorothy on the cruise. LOL

Heading to FL to catch a ride on RCL Enchantment of the Seas for few days to the Bahamas. this will my first on RCL and have cruise on Carnival in the past to Cozumel and Alaska. This is my first vacation since I have been in the hospital 7 times since the beginning of the year. Just need some R&R in the sun and enjoy some beach and waterslide fun. Have another vacation planned for the holiday via rail to Quebec City Montreal and Toronto. Probably Palm Springs for spring break and then a trip to Ptown and a cruise sometime in July before my partner has to go back to work. He is teacher and I think next year is his last. I "retired" this year after having kidney failure and just walking flights of steps can be challenging. Hope I get a few hits by other lovers of Judy/Dorothy on the cruise. LOL

Hi. I hope your strength will improve in your recovery. Cruising is awesome but often requires a lot of walking and stairs when the elevators are busy. I just returnned from a cruise on the RCCL Allure to the W. Caribbean. Weather was gorgeous. For some reason the FRIENDS OF DOROTHY are not frequently posting here. On the Allure, a huge mega ship, we didn't locate any organized meetings. However last Nov. on the Mariner we had amazingly large gathering each evening. I am also planning a visit with a teacher friend in Palm Springs. Enjoy yourself in every way you can. Best regards. Tom

• 4 weeks later...