Anyone cruising with Celebrity or Royal?

11dfr11

• 4 weeks later...

Petron we’ll be sailing on the Summit when you get back, on April 27. Ours is a charter with Olivia Travel, so 2,100 lesbians yahoo! If you have a chance to post any impressions of the Summit I’d love to read them. This will be our first time sailing Celebrity, though we’ve done other cruises all on HAL. Have fun!

• 3 weeks later...

We're doing our first Transpacific in September 2019 on the Royal Caribbean's Ovation OTS.  When we arrive in Sydney on 10/20, that day is our actual 30th anniversary so we've decide to do a b2b around NZ for another 9 nights.  Same room too.  30 days for 30 years.  So excited!!!!!

• Like 1

Hi everyone.  

I'm Mike retired single traveller from Toronto, Canada. I wonder is anyone else is going to be cruising on Radiance of the Seas - September 10th Vancouver to Hawaii or the following cruise September 20th Hawaii to Sydney, Australia.

This will be my third cruise to Sydney from Vancouver - can't wait. I am Diamond Plus on RCL having done over 30 cruises with RCL and many with Celebrity. I actually prefer RCL.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/14/2013 at 9:20 AM, 11dfr11 said:

It seems that all you gals and guys cruise Carnival and Princess for the most part.

We are going on December 12,2013 for a relaxing 4 night on Royal/Brilliance of the Seas. Come join or join us April 20,2014 for a TA from Fort Lauderdale to Civitevechia Rome with 6 pots for a total of 16 days.

Dale🌈🌹🌞

I have cruised +25 cruises on Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Princess, Norwegian, Holland America, Azamara.   I have enjoyed all but one of the cruises on Princess, however, I took the 2nd Princess and it was great.   You usually get what you paid for.

Love Celebrity and Azamara.    Going on19 Day Cruise on Seaborn in the fall, exciting. 

Every cruise has something that is not perfect but overall how blessed are we to be able to cruise.   My best advice is 1) select where you want to cruise 2) Cost/Value.    Most importantly avoid the negative cruisers, the one who constantly complain they can spoil your cruise.  

Happy Sailing.

Cruising 46

• Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
On 1/15/2019 at 11:47 PM, charlesbl said:

me and my friend poky will be sailing on the symphony of the seas western Caribbean 09/28/19

@charlesbl My partner and I will be on Symphony on 9/28/19 (same cruise as you) with his mother and sister. We were on Harmony last year. Are you going to any of the LGBT meet and greet events? I know they had one official one last year that was announced in the cruise compass.

My wife and I are cruising X on Sept 13th from Ft. Lauderdale( my hometown, although we're now in SoCal) to the ABC;s.  I am part of the roll call and I feel like we're the only lesbian couple who will be on that ship.  We rarely meet any, sometimes we meet gay men, but for the most part, we keep to ourselves.  I love X, the staff is amazing and we've never been treated disrespectfully, but sometimes I feel like we're a freak show.  We get lots of stares from the the older heterosexual folks.  Especially if we hold hands, which we usually do while walking around.  

10 hours ago, calicakes said:

My wife and I are cruising X on Sept 13th from Ft. Lauderdale( my hometown, although we're now in SoCal) to the ABC;s.  I am part of the roll call and I feel like we're the only lesbian couple who will be on that ship.  We rarely meet any, sometimes we meet gay men, but for the most part, we keep to ourselves.  I love X, the staff is amazing and we've never been treated disrespectfully, but sometimes I feel like we're a freak show.  We get lots of stares from the the older heterosexual folks.  Especially if we hold hands, which we usually do while walking around.  

Hate to hear this.  I was afraid it would be the same for us on our first trip with X.  And we actually got married on the ship in Ft. Lauderdale before the ship left port.  But then the photographer had us going all over the ship for photos, and doing all sorts of shots.  We have never been big PDA people.  But we were put to ease real fast by so many wishing us congratulations (mostly older heterosexual folks, lol).  Throughout the 12 days of the cruise we would encounter folks who would exclaim, "oh you guys are the ones that got married", and they would wish us well.     I did notice before the cruise we were the only gay ones on the roll call, but that was definitely not the case once on the ship.  Hopefully your September cruise will prove to better. 

15 hours ago, calicakes said:

Just now, cruising46 said:

I have cruised 25 times.   The status of couples is of no consequence to me.   Finding cruisers who appreciate the fact that they are on a cruise, enjoy the cruise, having a good time and making new friends is all that matters to me.    The diversity of cruisers is what I enjoy.  

Since my husband passed away I have been travelling solo and met many enjoyable cruisers.

If you meet cruisers who are not comfortable with your martial status ....ignore them.  I am sure there will be many who will enjoy spending time with you.

3 minutes ago, cruising46 said:

You're also Canadian : ).  Canada was the first country to legalize same sex marriage back in 2003.  I should know, I was married to a Canadian woman back in 2003.   We divorced and I moved back to my home country( USA).    Believe me, there are a lot of Americans who do not approve of my " lifestyle".  

• 3 weeks later...

Hey! Oct 6th, 2019 - Harmony of the Seas, from/to Port Canaveral - Caribbean Cruise. Taking my best school mate and her twin kids (18 years) to their very first long trip - far away from home. They are sooooo excited. USA, Florida, Alligators, Everglades, Cruise Ship, Disney, Universal, NASA - that's sensory overload, hehe ...

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...