Silver Cloud (17 July- 4 Aug, London, Scotland, Iceland, Ireland, England

WesW

Steve & Barb, we look forward to sailing/crossing with y’all again on the Spirit in early November—r, y’all game for another special Indian, and/or Asian dinner?

Sure we're always game... not 'or' but both... lots of sea days to work with!

All the best

Wes and Ida, thanks so much for all the wonderful reports/pix! Safe travels and welcome home to not so quite "Hotlanta!!"

Txladycruiser, have really enjoyed your blog and pix; thanks so much!

Roborab/Steve & Tina, Pookie2, bsrkent/Steve & Barb, gf/Kathy, All; Sincere thanks for your safe travel home well wishes.

Good Morning from London.

Steve & Tina, thanks for trying to get pix of the Cloud.

Steve & Barb; absolutely let's plan on both an Indian and Asia special dinner on our Spirit Fall crossing.

Kathy; we can't wait to get back to not so hot Atlanta and see our 3b's (bella, bailee, brandee)

Pls enjoy some pix of the Cloud docked beside HMS Belfast at 2am this morning:

london003_zpsbf3e48b4.jpg

london005_zps385e03e6.jpg

london006_zps23f59dd8.jpg

london007_zps8be676ec.jpg

Wes; Thanks again for taking us along on the Cloud. Thoroughly enjoyed the cruise and your pics/commentary. Hope you and Ida have a safe trip home. Eagerly await your opinion of the Cloud compared to the Spirit. We can talk about it on the Fall TA. Hope the 3 Bs are OK when you get home; I'm sure they really missed you both. Have a great day!

We had a great time on this cruise! Wonderful ports! Superb weather (except for 2 rainy days)! Food and service on the Cloud were excellent! And a great time with great friends!!

Disembarkation was a little stressful this morning. There was a Prudention Ride London race that closed many roads in London today. We were spending an extra night in London so we opted to take the Silversea but to King's Cross (Underground Station). We thought we would have to take the Underground to our hotel (near Harrod's) with 5 pieces of luggage. We were able to take a taxi to our hotel in a round-about way. So that was nice!

We did have to wait on the bus quite a while for an elderly lady (about 92) to get to the bus. There were 3 buses leaving for King's Cross. She should have been on the 1st tender for these buses as she needed extra help.

Hope you have enjoyed the blog.

Here's our blog from London:

http://www.travelpod.com/z/thewrens/5/1375635954

Karen & Wayne

We had a great time on the cruise. Everything, from the ship to the itinerary to the fellow passengers, was great.

I particularly liked wearing my Ravens hat for Wes. As a Niner's fan, he took it in great stride.

One of my favorite souvenirs was my shirt from Reykjavik with the lyrics to Immigrant Song. If you're of a certain age, you'll know what I mean. Pretty appropriate.

Archived