Silver Cloud (17 July- 4 Aug, London, Scotland, Iceland, Ireland, England

WesW

Only just caught up with tis thread though I have been following your adventures via Facebook, Wes. Superb start with excellent London sightseeing and now for the serious stuff. Am so much looking forward to your thoughts on Iceland. We loved it, a quirky country.

Big Ben is still "Big Ben". It is the name of the bell that strikes the hour. The Big Ben Tower,now named "Elizabeth Tower", was renamed in commemoration of Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee.

Did you enjoy the "mushy peas"?

Hi Wes, I believe you get a new cast of the Silversea Artists coming onboard with you today. Two of them, Mica and James, were with us on the Spirit in February.

Not sure if they will have changed/updated the shows, but hope you enjoy them bedding in.

We are on board the Silver Cloud. Beautiful weather for the sail-away. Wonderful dinner with Wes & Ida.

Here's our blog entry for today:

http://www.travelpod.com/z/thewrens/5/1374079963

Karen

Hi Karen, have a great trip. I went to Iceland and the British Isles on Regent a couple of years ago. Wonderful trip. Will be looking forward to your blog. Elsie

Please see the heartfelt suite welcome gift Wellseasoned/Dieter left Ida and I below:

ice1003_zpsf73f866b.jpg

btw, Wellseasoned, pls note who joined us today as Bar Manager--we will be dining with Myra soon:

lon1pm004_zps2067bece.jpg

Just prior to our sailaway, our CD, Judie Abbott introduced the entertainment/fitness staff: (Judie is at far left of the pix)

lon1pm002_zpsf50761b4.jpg

Tonight was the sailaway from London Tower Bridge, pls enjoy these pix:

lon1pm008_zpsf9ddfead.jpg

lon1pm012_zps8df490b7.jpg

Ida, TxLadycruiser (Karen/Wayne)

lon1pm005_zpsa8c37fcd.jpg

Our Cruise Critic/SS Meet & Mingle is scheduled for 11:30 a.m at the Panorama Lounge tomorrow. We received invites in our suite tonight with turndown service. Tonight, after a delicious dinner at La Terraza, we had after dinner drinks with Jgibbs and Farbster--great company and conversation.

Wonderful dinner tonight in La Terraza, 3/4 of us had the Duck Ragout, tomorrow is Formal nite--time for some

zz's

Big Ben is still "Big Ben". It is the name of the bell that strikes the hour. The Big Ben Tower,now named "Elizabeth Tower", was renamed in commemoration of Queen Elizabeth's Diamond Jubilee.

Did you enjoy the "mushy peas"?

I thought Big Ben was the clock?

Wes and Ida,so great to see you beginning this wonderful cruise! Actually, I had a more elaborate prank planned with Javier and Jorge, but I backed off, since I really would have had to provide a full bottle of Relentless to compensate. We'll share some on the Spirit fall crossing. Please tell Myra that we are cut to the quick that we missed her two weeks ago and that she is now aboard only with you!

Dieter

Please say hi to Myra for George and me. She is such a sweetheart.

Karen, I looked at your blog and realized that I had followed your previous world cruise blog (which I enjoyed very much). It will be fun to follow along again. George and I were on the same cruise as threechicks from Iceland to Southampton on regent a few years back. Great ports!

Here's our blog entry for today:
txladycruiser,

Thanks so much for letting us know about your wonderful blog! I look forward to following along during your journey and learning all about the wonderful ports of call you'll be visiting. Have a fantastic voyage!

Good Morning from the Cloud, we are at sea en route to Edinburgh, Scotland.

Today’s key events include: our first enrichment lectures by Dr. Peter Crimes, “Edinburgh and Kirkwall, and “Lerwick, Torshvan and the history & scenery of Shetland and the Faroes.” There will be a cooking introduction with Exec Chef Edgar van der Aar.

Our Meet & Mingle (Cruise critic and Silversea) will be at 11:30a.m in the main bar. Also, tonight is our first Formal night.

Tonight we have the Captain’s Welcome cocktail reception (Captain Luigi Rutigliano).

Cold this morning for exercise, contrast today’s temp 57F/14C with yesterday’s temp 86F/30C. However, Carl, the Pool Deck member keeps the Cloud pool at 86F. Pls see:

ice2002_zps4f4b861d.jpg

ice2003_zps3c9fd1ec.jpg

CCP: Cloud Crewmember Profile

Meet Carl Torres, member of the Deck Washing team.

ice2004_zps739fe12f.jpg

Carl as been with Silversea since 2009, he is working on is fourth contract. Carl hails from the Philippines is married and has two children. He keeps in touch with his family via Skype and on Facebook What Carl likes most about working for Silversea: being a member of the Deck Washing team, and he enjoys traveling the world on board the Silversea ships.

Wonderful sailaway pictures! Our own departure is at 12:30 am, so it won't be quite the same. Interesting to see Dr Crimes on the trip - we met him on a Med cruise a couple years ago, and had dinner with him and his lovely wife a few times.

Enjoy!

Michele

Wes, I always enjoy how you recognize the crew with a photo and a narrative. Keith

Agree with Keith and appreciate the added visuals, sharing the images of the great, hard-working staff. On my live/blog from sailing on the Silver Cloud, it was nice to do some of that type of sharing and recognition. I showed the staff a couple times for what I had posted and they really liked such featuring of them. They work with wonderful dedication and are a key part of the great memories we get from doing such cruise.

Great efforts by Wes. Look forward to seeing much more.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 112,739 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Archived