Silver Cloud (17 July- 4 Aug, London, Scotland, Iceland, Ireland, England

WesW

We had a very nice Silversea/Cruise Critic meet & mingle today. Sixteen CCr’s joined most of the Cloud senior leadership in the main bar with delicious horse dervies and plenty of drinks. Please enjoy pictures from today’s SS/CC meet & mingle

Cloud Senior staff receiving line greeting Meet & Mingle guests; LtoR, Hotel Director/Gianni, Guest Relations Manager, Samantha, International hostesses Julie, Asta; Restaurant Manager/Jorge, Bar Mgr/Myra

ice18aft003_zpsdc36290d.jpg

Sitting (LtoR), International Hostess/Julie, Brenmoit (Amy, Brenda), Director/Gianni, Dos Jubalatos/Mike & Bill, TxLadycruiser/Wayne. Standing: Cruise Consultant/Carl making Silver Cloud opening comments to the CC meet & Mingle guests, Cruise Director/Judie, Hotel Director/Gianni, Restaurant Mgr/Jorge, Bar Mgr/Myra, Syam/Cloud main bar server.

ice18aft007_zpsef1cefe4.jpg

LtoR: Alicia/Cloud Housekeeping Manager, Colonel(Ret.)Wes/Ida, TxLadyCruiser/Wayne

ice18aft008_zps787dd551.jpg

LtoR: Aesculapius (Paul/Glen), CCr’s (Geroge/Ann)

ice18aft009_zps6d97628e.jpg

LtoR: Cruise Consultant Carl, Txladycruiser/Wayne & Karen, Bramcruiser/Richard, David

ice18aft010_zps959abf32.jpg

Tonight was our first of two formal nights on our voyage. The Captain’s welcome began with Cruise Director Judy Abbot introducing the Cloud senior leadership. Pls see:

ice18eve003_zpsa6428e54.jpg

After enjoying the Captain’s welcome we joined our special Texas friends for Formal nite pix; LtoR; Wes, Ida and Karen Wayne.

ice18eve007_zps0aa015cf.jpg

Having dinner with guests on board the Silver Cloud at Formal nite: counter clockwise at 6pm psn (Roy, Ann, Gianni Hotel Director, Judy, Ed, Ida, Wes, Jorge Restaurant Manager Standing), Adela (Boutique Manager), Judy

ice18eve011_zps759ab0f6.jpg

Standing LtoR; Executive Chef on board the Cloud, Gianni, Jorge, Judy, Ed. Seated LtoR; Wes, Adela, Ida

ice18eve013_zps28daa300.jpg

Wes,

Thank you for another great live thread.

It is a bastion of happiness on this board right now.

Best to you and Ida; looking forward to following along.

Was the Tower Bridge sailaway as neat as it seemed?

Hi Wes -

I see that Julie, the International Hostess from the south of France is still on board. She did a wonderful thing for us on the Norway cruise. In addition to the usual introductory French class, she spent a lot of time preparing an advanced French class for four of us complete with homework.

If you haven't had the opportunity to speak with her, I strongly encourage you to do so. She is delightful. Please give our regards to her.

We're really enjoying your comments and look forward to meeting you in November.

The place where all the guys where skirts and the gals wear trousers ..... :D

it's also better to have heather on the moor than peat in the bog.;)

I will say hi to you Jeff as Wes is busy,

Can you say hi back to me.:(

it's also better to have heather on the moor than peat in the bog.;)

I will say hi to you Jeff as Wes is busy,

Can you say hi back to me.:(

Hiya ....

It's great to see the man of military visiting our great cross-dressing nation. I hope he isn't confused ....

Wode is me ..... :D

Jeff

Still say when you get off the ship in Edinburgh you should head over to the Open. Anyway, glad everyone is having a good time and enjoy the remarkable weather!!

My husband would have loved to have done that!

Another gorgeous day in Edinburgh! The temps were probably in the lower 70's today.

Here's the latest blog:

http://www.travelpod.com/z/thewrens/5/1374253033

Karen & Wayne

Good Evening from (At Sea) we are sailing to the Orkney Islands (Kirkwall, UK). First, we thoroughly, enjoyed an absolutely fabulous day in Scotland with TxLadycruiser (Karen & Wayne) and our private tour that included visiting the Rosslyn Chapel, the Scottish Borders & Melrose, and Melrose Abbey.

Next, pls enjoy some pix from Edinburgh enroute to our excursion (key sites, Scott’s View, Wallace Monument, Melrose Abbey, and Rossylyn ChapelBefore sharing these pix, must say; dining—cuisine, service is outstanding. Will answer numerous CCr ? on how we view the smaller SS ship vs larger SS ships at the end of our cruise (circa Aug 5).

Also, internet service is woefully slow, takes me about 75 min from 11-12:15 pm to finish my postings, am not gracious in answering you wonderful/warm replies—pls give me a few weeks when I return home to Atlanta and am not on the Cloud molasses internet clock.

We docked in Leith Scotland and are welcomed by a lovely Scottisch Bagpiper:

ice19aft001-Copy_zps3226c736.jpg

Scott’s view Pix;

ice19aft011-Copy_zps7327f2a6.jpg

ice19aft009-Copy_zpsacc36c6e.jpg

ice19aft003-Copy_zpsd87dba0f.jpg

Original Wallace Monument pix:

ice19aft012_zps6f513125.jpg

ice19aft017_zpse30ff98f.jpg

Pix taken at Scotland's Original William Wallace monument, pls see:

TxLadyCruiser (Karen is right of David our outstanding tour guide) walking along the path to the Wallace Monument. Absolutely gorgeous weather today in Scotland--about 75 high and sunny--who would have thunk it?

ice19aft014_zps1e31f7eb.jpg

We next visited Melrose Abbey in the city of Melrose:

ice19aft018_zps6bbe6f91.jpg

David our tour guide (Rabbie Tour) recommend Miller's for some Haggidis, Potatoe, Turnip and Carrot Pie. Pls see Ida enjoying her pie:

ice19aft025_zps39e15c36.jpg

Pls also see Ida enjoying her Scottish Pie:

ice19aft023_zpsea237ffc.jpg

Last visit in Melrose was the Garden maintained by the Historical Society of Scotland--Ida was in heaven with these beautiful flowers as a newly minted Univ. of Ga Extension service Master Gardener:

ice19aft028_zps7d16f881.jpg

Enjoy some pix of our fab dinner tonight in Le Champagne (French degustation specialty restaurant) on the Silver Cloud, preceded by before dinner libations in the main bar:

ice19pm007_zps5b181991.jpg

ice19pm010_zps43f80abc.jpg

ice19pm011_zpsfef9c9ee.jpg

This just look fabulous. So fun. I had 2 uncles, one named William Wallace and the other Robert Lee, honoring our Scottish and southern heritage.

Enjoy Kirkwall. We had a wonderful day there. Check out the lawn bowling if you get a chance. They should be playing on Saturday.

Great mouthwatering pictures and you both look so well. We enjoyed Kirkwall, too and we envy you being there in this glorious weather.

BTW, I thought they didn't have turnips in Bonnie Scotland, they have neaps instead. But Ida's pie looked scrumptious though after those fish, chips and mushy peas at Borough Market, she will have to accompany you on your strict exercise routine.

Archived