Sunday 3:00 arrival question

sunny days

We arrive at King's Wharf at 3:00 on a Sunday. I've been told bus/ferry service is very limited on a Sunday. We wanted to go to Hamilton or Horseshoe Bay the day we arrive. We plan to go to St. Georges on day two and we planned to stay at King's Wharf our last day since we leave at noon. We don't want to miss the ship because of bad traffic or an accident. :eek: !!! Does anyone have any advice or suggestions for Sunday?? I would love some imput. Do taxi's run until late and what would the cost be for six to go to Hamilton or Horseshoe Bay? Is the beach nice that late in the day?? Help!! :confused: We were very limited in when we could take our cruise because of five people's work schedules. Thanks so much. :)

We arrive at King's Wharf at 3:00 on a Sunday. I've been told bus/ferry service is very limited on a Sunday. We wanted to go to Hamilton or Horseshoe Bay the day we arrive. We plan to go to St. Georges on day two and we planned to stay at King's Wharf our last day since we leave at noon. We don't want to miss the ship because of bad traffic or an accident. :eek: !!! Does anyone have any advice or suggestions for Sunday?? I would love some imput. Do taxi's run until late and what would the cost be for six to go to Hamilton or Horseshoe Bay? Is the beach nice that late in the day?? Help!! :confused: We were very limited in when we could take our cruise because of five people's work schedules. Thanks so much. :)

There is a recent thread asking the same question. I tried to help, maybe not too successful. You should take the time to read it because you'll get a better understanding of the difficulties you'll face arriving late on Sunday.

I do agree with the PP about a tour.

Estimate for taxi fare for Sunday travel Dockyard <> Hamilton, for 6 passengers - $60.00

Estimate for taxi fare for Sunday travel Dockyard <> Horseshoe Bay, for 6 passengers - $42.00

fares include 25% Sunday surcharge.

The last scheduled ferry, Hamilton > Dockyard, departs Hamilton at 6:00PM

The last scheduled route #7 bus, Hamilton > Dockyard, departs Hamilton at 4:30PM

The penultimate scheduled route #8 bus, Hamilton > Dockyard, departs Hamilton at 5:15PM; the last at 10:45PM

I don't know if any of this is of any help.

SBtS

There is a recent thread asking the same question. I tried to help, maybe not too successful. You should take the time to read it because you'll get a better understanding of the difficulties you'll face arriving late on Sunday.

Estimate for taxi fare for Sunday travel Dockyard <> Hamilton, for 6 passengers - $60.00

Estimate for taxi fare for Sunday travel Dockyard <> Horseshoe Bay, for 6 passengers - $42.00

The last scheduled route #7 bus, Hamilton > Dockyard, departs Hamilton at 4:30PM

The penultimate scheduled route #8 bus, Hamilton > Dockyard, departs Hamilton at 5:15PM; the last at 10:45PM

SBtS

Thanks SBtS! I did read the other thread. :) Are the taxi prices you quoted per way or total? What is the possibility of taking a bus to Horseshoe bay and than getting a taxi back? I'm so bummed that we have to deal with a Sunday!! :(

Thanks SBtS! I did read the other thread. :) Are the taxi prices you quoted per way or total? What is the possibility of taking a bus to Horseshoe bay and than getting a taxi back? I'm so bummed that we have to deal with a Sunday!! :(

The fares provide in my previous post are one way. You could take the bus to Horseshoe Bay. There are still some regularly scheduled buses at the time you dock, and if your are lucky, there maybe some express buses running.

SBtS

I believe the Sunday taxi fares quoted above are underestimates. On Sunday, taxi fares for 5-6 passengers carry a 50% surcharge (on top of an already higher base fare for 5-6), not the 25% surcharge for 1-4 passengers that was cited. Hence the first mile will be $12.00 and each additional mile will cost $4.20 .

Personally, for Sunday evening travel I'd make advance arrangements for a taxi to take me back from Horseshoe Bay to the ship. I wouldn't count on taxis being available at the beach waiting for possible passengers.

SBtS

SBtS, What is the penultimate #8 bus? Are you saying that it could be taken from Hamilton back to the docyard at various times between 5:25PM and 10:45PM? Could we take the ferry to Hamilton as soon as possible and than ride the #8 bus back? Also are any stores open after 5:00 in Hamilton or would a person need to just walk around and see the town from the streets? Thanks for your help.

Penultimate means next to last, so there are no buses between 5:15 and 10:45.

Other than restaurants and bars, there will be nothing open in Hamilton on Sunday evening. So unless you have dinner plans in Hamilton, it doesn't make any sense to be there on Sunday night.

Huh???

The OP has joined the GoS roll call for the cruise departing 9/27.

SBtS

LOL Yes I am on the 9/27 sailing. I didn't get around to adding the count down clock. :) I started to once and it messed up on me. Haven't tried again. I always seem to fight the whole process. Maybe I don't understand it correctly but it's not all that easy to add a countdown clock or take it back off once the cruise is over. :confused:

SBtS, I hope you see this. :-) You have been very helpful. I am now wondering if any of the shops etc at King's Wharf are open after 5:00 on Sunday. I did see that Snorkel Park Beach is open but they charge twice as much on Sunday and the rest of the week. Wow - it looks like Sunday is a bad time to be in Bermuda.

SBtS, I hope you see this. :-) You have been very helpful. I am now wondering if any of the shops etc at King's Wharf are open after 5:00 on Sunday. I did see that Snorkel Park Beach is open but they charge twice as much on Sunday and the rest of the week. Wow - it looks like Sunday is a bad time to be in Bermuda.

The stores in the Clocktower Mall are open from 9am - 6pm. The Dockyard Pharmacy is open to 6pm also. The Dockyard Glass Works and Rum Cake Company are open to 9pm. I am not sure of times of any other shops outside the mall.

SBtS

Is snorkle park reall double on Sunday???? I went there once when it was free....and thought "this is not worth it"......

Archived