Best thing about FTTF...

Dropping all my bags off the minute I get on the ship!!

Walking past all those people in line:)

These are my 2 favorites and the main reason why I bought FTTF for my January 2014 cruise on the Valor.

In May when I was on the Victory I forgot to pack my bathing suit in my carryon and had to sit on lido in my shorts :( and then I had to wait in the line at Customer Service while there was noone in the Platinum/FTTF line and I swore then, I would never sale without FTTF again ;)

Enjoyed being in the first group to get on the boat, my two kids really loved having the pool all to themself just one time on the boat, dropping the luggage off, having your luggage arrive early, being able to just walk to the tender and not get a number or wait, and at the end being able to just walk off the cruise whenever we wanted!

Seeing how Carnival values your loyalty.

Being able to go directly to room, unpack and back up to Lido. A nice perk that CCL gave all platinums and diamond cruisers that they didn't have before the FTTF program.

It just irritates me to continue reading from disgruntled platinum and diamond guests that CCL doesn't care about them and took away perks when revamping their program. I think this one perk given with the FTTF program should help ease their pain.

Irritating the heck out of the Platinum, 3-4 Day, Inside Cabin, $100 on board charge, wonders who think that Carnival should bow to their every whim and no one should be allowed "their" special privileges even if someone pays for it.

Take care,

Mike

Being able to go directly to room, unpack and back up to Lido. A nice perk that CCL gave all platinums and diamond cruisers that they didn't have before the FTTF program.

It just irritates me to continue reading from disgruntled platinum and diamond guests that CCL doesn't care about them and took away perks when revamping their program. I think this one perk given with the FTTF program should help ease their pain.

If I was able to do this on Princess without any status, there should have been no problem for Carnival to offer this. Carnival did remove perks. Carnival has removed the guaranteed dining times, complimentary tournament entry, and the unlimited laundry. As a frequent traveler who spends 75+ nights in a hotel each year, a loyalty program plays a huge part in my options to consider. For example, 99% of my hotel stays are with Starwood hotels. Starwood chooses to reward their loyal guests and has one of the only loyalty programs with an upgrade to the best available room, including standard suites. Although I have status with Hilton, I only stay at their properties no more than 5 times a year. Gold status re-qualification annually is a perk that comes with my club membership at my local Waldorf Astoria Resort. Due to the fact that the perks given with Hilton are deplorable, in my opinion, compared to Starwood, and the recent devaluation of HHonors points, I don't stay at their hotels.

Although you may not care about the loyalty program with Carnival, it is one of the reasons I choose not to give my business to Carnival. With the experience I had on my last cruise, prior to the beginning of Gerry Cahill trying to cut everything back, the devaluation of their loyalty program, and just overall dissatisfaction with a brand that I once loved were factors that drove me away. Although Princess is a subsidy of Carnival Corporation & plc, I think of it differently than Carnival Cruise Lines.

As always, everyone has different opinions. As you can see, I was cruising Carnival every month for quite some time. Things that I disliked, you may not. However, I'm sure there are issues that you have encountered at least once that bothered you, but did not bother a different person. This is a message board where others share opinions about their experiences, and every single person has a different cruise. It could be the same ship, sailing date, port of embarkation, ports of call, etc. and not one person, with the exception of possibly your family, who will have experienced the same cruise as you.

Edit:

This is a good post to consider looking at when asking yourself if they really value your loyalty, at all.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=34210726&postcount=19

It is a very nice read, and I do hope you find the time to read it. It is rather long, just as a forewarning.

Without a doubt it has to be the ability to go straight to our room and drop off all of our carry-ons (including my five 12 packs of soda), get in our bathing suits, and start having fun while everyone else is still either boarding or just getting their bearings.

Irritating the heck out of the Platinum, 3-4 Day, Inside Cabin, $100 on board charge, wonders who think that Carnival should bow to their every whim and no one should be allowed "their" special privileges even if someone pays for it.

Take care,

Mike

Why would I be irritated? We still board before the FTTF people, and now we can go directly to our cabin, and get early luggage delivery, something we never had before. The best part is, we don't have to pay for it!!

Why would I be irritated? We still board before the FTTF people, and now we can go directly to our cabin, and get early luggage delivery, something we never had before. The best part is, we don't have to pay for it!!

So nice to see a cruiser with such a great attitude. After all the important part is tat you are on a cruise and making the best of any situation that comes your way. We are booked on the Miracle 16 day Hawaii cruise and are in a vista suite which gives us priority boarding and as soon as they release FTTF for our cruise, we will be booking it. Want to experience the early to this fantastic cabin and early luggage and for $50.00 , you can't beat it. We love cruising but since we live in central Illinois our cruises always include airfare and because we re far from a port we never have or will take a cruise less than 7 days which means less cruises and longer to reach platinum. So we are excited about FTTF.

Getting my luggage quick and being able to unpack and put my things away before sail away.

I'm with Mizz_K. I like to drop off my bags as soon as I board, and also to get unpacked before muster. All my clothes are packed according to where they go in the cabin closets, dressers, storage under sofa, etc., so it makes it a quick unpack. My shirts and tees are already on hangers, so as I'm hanging them up, I'm also spraying them with Downy Wrinkle Release which works like a charm!!!!

Walking to the Gym at 7am while other waited in line for early tender tickets. Then head back to room and shower and head to service desk for Tender at 9am while same people waited 2 hrs in line and walked on before them to tender at HMC. Walk right to room to drop off carry-on's and have lunch on Lido deck before the masses arrived. Never waited at service desk ect.....:D

So nice to see a cruiser with such a great attitude. After all the important part is tat you are on a cruise and making the best of any situation that comes your way. We are booked on the Miracle 16 day Hawaii cruise and are in a vista suite which gives us priority boarding and as soon as they release FTTF for our cruise, we will be booking it. Want to experience the early to this fantastic cabin and early luggage and for $50.00 , you can't beat it. We love cruising but since we live in central Illinois our cruises always include airfare and because we re far from a port we never have or will take a cruise less than 7 days which means less cruises and longer to reach platinum. So we are excited about FTTF.

We cruise because we love cruising, not because of the "perks". We took our 10th Carnival cruise 10 years before there was a loyalty program. In fact, it was on our 17th Carnival cruise that we first enjoyed the Platinum benefits. Do we feel that Carnival "owes" us anything. No.

You will love the Miracle and especially that Vista Suite. She was one of our favorite ships, and we were sad to see her leave NYC.

Seeing how Carnival values your loyalty.

It sure would be nice if we could just ONCE discuss FTTF without a platinum member piping in with their 2 cents. Trust me WE KNOW! WE GET IT! Bringing it up EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. someone asks a question regarding FTTF is just obnoxious.

Now to answer the OP's question, the best part is getting to go to your room as soon as you board. And I am happy to PAY for the privilege (one that platinums and diamonds never had before I might add).

I really don't see how we are disgruntled???? If you look at the list of perks for Platinum and Diamond guests you see they far outweigh the perks for FTTF guests. I really don't see any comparison. Enjoy it!!!!

Take care,

Mike

LOL!!! I'm with you...:p

Exactly! You've already paid for it and still go first!

Looking forward to using my FTTF purchase and was happy to pay the cost. Lord knows how long it will be before I reach platinum or diamond!

It sure would be nice if we could just ONCE discuss FTTF without a platinum member piping in with their 2 cents. Trust me WE KNOW! WE GET IT! Bringing it up EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. someone asks a question regarding FTTF is just obnoxious.

Now to answer the OP's question, the best part is getting to go to your room as soon as you board. And I am happy to PAY for the privilege (one that platinums and diamonds never had before I might add).

Last time I checked, the OP asked for the opinion about what each of us considers to be the best thing about Faster to the Fun. In my opinion, seeing how Carnival values your loyalty, is the best part about Faster to the Fun.

Archived